2008 Lexus RX Consumer Reviews

Numerous problems

By on Saturday, May 15, 2010

"I purchased this vehicle new and I have had ongoing problems -seal broke on both front head lights had to replace both front headlights- motor in drivers seat had to be replaced- VSC warning light flashing- engine will not start replaced battery- numerous engine no starts even after battery replaced- lengthy repair visits- I was told the reason it won't start is because I don't drive the vehicle enough and I need a trickle down battery- I have never had problems like this before only with this Lexus- in the past 4 years this vehicle has been in for repairs over 12 times about 45 days total. One final comment is the severe blind spot on the rear passenger side csnnot see vehicles to the right and the oversized mirrors on both sides block view of pedesterans crossing street."

Good quality SUV

By on Saturday, November 12, 2011

Pros: "Smooth ride"

Cons: "All 4 doors don't unlock when you turn car off"

"I bought my rx400 in August of 09 with 30,000 miles on it. I currently has 88,000 on it now so this car gets plenty of time on the road. My favorite feature is how quite the ride is and comfortable the seats are. In my 2 plus years with this SUV I have averaged 26-27 MPG which is excellent for a mid size SUV. With back seats folded down the rx holds a lot of stuff. I use mine for work and it amazes me how much stuff I can fit back there. I've only had one major problem and that was with the hybrid system converting back to the gas system. It took Lexus a week to fix and it would have cost me $8500 if it wasn't covered under warranty. Glad it was. Other than normal maintaince this SUV has been easy to service and not to expensive. I am overall very happy with my rx400."

GREAT EXCEPT THE TRANSMISSION

By on Friday, May 22, 2009

"A DEFECTIVE DESIGN FEATURE CAUSING UNSAFE TRANSMISSION SHIFTING AT LOW SPEEDS AND LEXUS FAILURE TO ACKNOWLDGE OR FIX IT SPOILS AN OTHERWISE GREAT CAR."

1. My Information

* indicates required field.

Do not use your full name or email address; your privacy is important to us.

Location

2. My Rating

Use sliders to change values.

3. My Review

(e.g., best vehicle ever!) *

(Please no personal or dealership information or offensive language.) *

Not LikelyVery Likely

click & drag!
(e.g., great price, fun to drive)
(e.g., no cup holders)
Tips for Writing Reviews
Avoid:
  • Offensive or suggestive comments
  • Telling customers to shop elsewhere

Focus on:
  • The vehicle and your experience with it
  • Specific features of the vehicle
  • What's great about it? What's not so great?

4. My Uploads

Add photo (up to 5MB)

Uploading Photo...

upload successful! Remove
(e.g., Driving with the top down!)

Guidelines for Uploading Photos
  • Only one photo, up to 5MB
  • Focus on the vehicle and your experience with it
  • All photos must be your own
  • No nudity or obscene content
  • Inappropriate photos will cause your entire review to be rejected
Add video (only one allowed)
(paste the URL from your video on YouTube.)
(e.g., See it in action!)
Guidelines for Uploading Video
  • Maximum length: 5 minutes
  • No nudity or obscene content
  Important:
  • Focus on the vehicle and your experience with it
  • Write a caption
  • Upload your video to YouTube
  • Stick to the rules - so your review & video get published.

5. Notify Me

Please send me an email when my review is posted