2008 Lexus RX

Based on 549 Ratings for the 2004 - 2009 models.

great value

By on Wednesday, October 31, 2007

"I know it may sound strange to say that a Lexus is a great value, but this car really is. My husband and I shopped around almost 8 months before deciding on the RX- we looked at Nissan, Acura, VW, Subaru and BMW. We wanted to find a great car that was also a great value and the RX was clearly it. It was the most comfortable and has the best rating and best of all it was more affordable than BMW, Acura, VW and Nissan. It was only higher priced than the Subaru but for the difference in comfort it was well worth the difference in cost. As you can tell I'm in love!"

I love this car

By on Sunday, September 2, 2007

"A very comfortable, reliable car, with all (or at least most) of the bells and whistles. It gives me a feeling of security, Seating configurations are great. I am short yet I can sit well over the wheel, giving me a feeling of control. GPS is wonderful; I use it constantly. We've never had any mechanical problems. Right now it has a few scratches which need some body work. Have had the car almost 4 years and everything works as well as when new. The cargo space is not as large as some SUVs, so dont get this if you have a lot of "stuff" to carry around. My husband complains about the gas mileage, not great. My day to day driving around town gets me only about 14 mpg. But on long drives it gets as much as 25 mpg. The performance is good, not as "peppy" as our small BMW but it is solid and easy to drive. I love it and would always own one if money were not a consideration."

By on Thursday, August 9, 2007

"I've been a bit disappointed with the in cabin squeaks and jiggling noises. The brakes also tend to really grab if there's any moisture on the road at all. For the amount I paid for this vehicle, I would expect these to be non-issues."

I love this car!

By on Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Pros: "Style, reliability, value and smooth ride"

Cons: "Design of cockpit, floor mats"

"I like to keep my cars until the wheels fall off! I hesitated to buy (new) because of the price but in the long run, I came out ahead. Love the tightness, smooth ride, gas mileage and reliability. I got the first year body style and it still lookes fresh, still get compliments. I pulled a boat across country with no trouble. I haul dogs, stuff from Home Depot by day and take it out on the town at night! All I've done with it is change oil, tires and scheduled maintenance. The only things I'd change are the front passenger floor mats (not secure, bunch-up), the front dash is a little confusing (wipers, knobs, dials, settings require a degree from MIT, or am I just stupid?), and the arrangement of the cockpit could have been more efficient."

Still In Love

By on Thursday, December 13, 2012

"I did allot of driving with my last job so I put a ton of miles on this car the last 2 years. I keep itching for a new car but I can't bring myself to get rid of mine. My RX is black and it still looks new. It's got some wear and tear on the inside which is why I sometimes consider trading it in but it's such a great car I just don't. I have not had any engine problems, no air issues, and the service you get at the lexus dealerships are second to none. As much as I would love a brand new Lexus I just cant part with mine. I would highly recommend the RX350.."