• Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide
2008 Lexus RX Consumer Reviews

Beautiful Vehicle

By on Thursday, August 20, 2009

"I bought this vehicle and had it for two months, I have had so many problems with 53K miles on it. And Lexus service said that's when things start to go bad at 50K miles. I was confused because I didn't know 53K miles was a lot and I didn't buy a Kia I bought a Lexus I would think the quality would be exceptional. It is a Toyota and they are great. Plus, I bought the Lexus Platinum Warranty which is horrible. They charge you for diagnostics! I thought with a high end warranty that stuff would be covered, I didn't realize labor wasn't covered! I am very unhappy with all of the problems that I had. The service I brought it to was the worst. I got charged $250.00 for a twig in the moon roof causing a leak inside my car and to tighten two screws on my mirror! I have been in a loaner for two days with no phone calls from the service department. No updates on my car nothing! For anybody that does buy a Lexus, no where does it state not to use homemade CD's, but I have 4 stuck inside and they told me that you can't use them, and I explained then it should state so in the paperwork! I am in the process of buying a 2007 RX 350 with 32K miles, I hope I have better luck. I love the look and drive of the vehicle, maybe the first person beat it up, I don't know. Oh and the accerlation on the 2004 model is HORRIBLE. I fear pulling out infront of cars because I know my car isn't going to speed up quickly. I know it is a SUV, but I never had that problem with my Acura MDX which I may add is the best most reliable SUV I have ever driven. I just wanted to try the Lexus, because I liked the look. Expensive car with not much options! My Acura had Nav, DVD, third row, and much more! I hope my new 2007 Lexus works out better, because the amount of money I have put in for my two month old car is unreal. ($1600.00 for a new headlight, just to give you an idea!)"

great car!

By on Friday, January 10, 2014

Pros: "great for costco runs! great for roadtrips!"

Cons: "can't think of one"

"I bought mine in 2007 from the dealer with 44k. I do a lot of driving for work so I spend a good part of my work day in it. Very comfortable. The driver's seat could be a little more supportive for long legged folks. Its the right size SUV for me. Not too small or too large. The V6 is very smooth and quiet. The suspension is just the right balance between firm and soft. The car has a very substantial feeling to it.It feels very safe and secure. The ride height is great, it keeps other cars from blinding you with their headlights. The windows are large which I like. Great center console. It has plenty of room for all my stuff. On long trips it can't be beat. I haven't had to make too many repairs, just routine maintenance. The front brake rotors had to be resurfaced and I replaced the driver side window controller. The check engine light is on due to the catalytic converter that needs to be replaced but it doesn't effect driveability. That's it. I get about 22 mpg mixed as long as I take it easy on the gas pedal. Lexus sent me a letter saying they will replace the headlight lenses in the future if needed for free which is good because mine got cloudy about 150k miles ago. To me its been an economy car because its lasted so long with no problems or annoyances. It should easily go another 100k miles."

best vehicle ever! I couldn't ask for more.

By on Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Pros: "Great to drive, safe, great visibillity, reliable,"

"Cant' imagine a better car. Love the drive, comfort, luxury, safety, back seats, just everything. A real pleasure. I think I could drive it for 30 years."

1. My Information

* indicates required field.

Do not use your full name or email address; your privacy is important to us.

Location

2. My Rating

Use sliders to change values.

3. My Review

(e.g., best vehicle ever!) *

(Please no personal or dealership information or offensive language.) *

Not LikelyVery Likely

click & drag!
(e.g., great price, fun to drive)
(e.g., no cup holders)
Tips for Writing Reviews
Avoid:
  • Offensive or suggestive comments
  • Telling customers to shop elsewhere

Focus on:
  • The vehicle and your experience with it
  • Specific features of the vehicle
  • What's great about it? What's not so great?

4. My Uploads

Add photo (up to 5MB)

Uploading Photo....

upload successful! Remove
(e.g., Driving with the top down!)

Guidelines for Uploading Photos
  • Only one photo, up to 5MB
  • Focus on the vehicle and your experience with it
  • All photos must be your own
  • No nudity or obscene content
  • Inappropriate photos will cause your entire review to be rejected
Add video (only one allowed)
(paste the URL from your video on YouTube.)
(e.g., See it in action!)
Guidelines for Uploading Video
  • Maximum length: 5 minutes
  • No nudity or obscene content
  Important:
  • Focus on the vehicle and your experience with it
  • Write a caption
  • Upload your video to YouTube
  • Stick to the rules - so your review & video get published.

5. Notify Me

Please send me an email when my review is posted