2008 Lexus RX

Based on 507 Ratings for the 2004 - 2008 models.

Outstanding Vehicle

By on Sunday, December 21, 2014

"From the first day that I purchased my Baby Blue 2005 Lexus RX 330 - I was absolutely head over heels in love with this vehicle. Before I bought Baby Blue - I owned and leased around 8 different vehicles... A few of these vehicles were considered to be in the "luxury" class, just like Baby Blue. However - It wasn't until I bought baby blue that I new what the meaning of a luxury car even was... Let me first start by saying that it was the Lexus RX that began the entire crossover craze... After it came out on the market a little over 15 years ago - car manufacturer's everywhere tried to imitate it with a version of their own... Today - there are crossovers made by just about every car manufacturer out there... Some of the models out there on the market are kind of cute, some are kind of clunky, and some have been made by top of the line luxury brands... Yet not one of them is the boisterously beautiful package that the Lexus RX is, has been, and will continue to be... Original, in-duplicatable, and unthinkably humble... The Lexus RX continuously stands in a complete and total league of it's very own... The body of the Lexus RX is aesthetically beautiful, with clean lines, and sumptuous curves - It's sporty, yet elegant, it's not too flashy, yet definitely not modest either... It's the perfect blend of refined, functional elegance. Sitting in a Lexus RX, there is no question that you are surrounded in first rate top of the line luxury, as it has a comfortability factor that is unlike any other luxury line in it's class... The pristine quality in it's outstanding sound system will literally make every last hair stand up on the back of your neck... The soft glow of the interior lights creates a soothing ambiance that is subtle and uplifting. To drive a Lexus RX is an experience that I believe every one should experience... If only for a test drive or two... Maybe you'll like it - maybe you'll love it - maybe it will give you something to one day look forward to - but one thing is for certain - You'll definitely never forget what it was like to drive it... For those who value economy over luxury the way I used to before I owned baby blue - driving an RX is an experience that simply must be done in order to really understand just how well worth a $650 monthly lease is... As opposed to $250 Hyundai payment... (No offense to Hyundai owners, I actually really like Hyundai, and I appreciate their value very much...) One of the first things to stand out when driving a Lexus RX is how impeccably smooth it handles... You'll notice how securely it hugs every turn the road brings, and it's unwavering precision is sturdy and stable reminding you how very safe you are in it's top of the line 1st in it's class safety rating... Once you experience a Lexus RX - Or any model that Lexus makes for that matter - It becomes clear as day to why Lexus has one of the most consistent top grossing resell values, and why they are so loved and valued by car enthusiasts, soccer moms, business execs, construction workers, and retirees alike... The Lexus RX is the complete package plus so much more... Baby Blue has been so good to me - It is with a heavy heart that I will be saying good bye to her tomorrow afternoon. However, I am sure that her new owners are going to thoroughly enjoy the fabulous car that she is, and maybe they too will fall in love with the Lexus experience every bit as much as I did... Once Baby Blue is signed over - it won't be long before I will get to drive off in my brand new... 2015 Lexus RX 450 otherwise known as.... "White Lightning"... For those who are contemplating buying or leasing a Lexus RX, I just want you to know that being a Lexus owner is an immense joy that I cannot recommend enough... Good luck car shopping - and remember, you only live once!! :)"

I love my RX 350 and will probably buy it again

By on Wednesday, December 03, 2014

"I love this car more than any I have ever owned. I probably will replace it with another RX 350"

most uncomfortable car i have ever driven

By on Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Pros: "ok for short people"

Cons: "very uncomfortable and noisey"

"This car is built well for anyone under 5 ft 5inches. Above that your legs hit that center console and your butt goes to sleep due to the short seats.I made the mistake of driving the car on a 900 mile trip and was sore for a week.. when my wife goes with me we drive my 05 silverado pickup which is very comfortable"

Best car I've ever owned...and I've owned many.

By on Saturday, October 25, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, good-looking and fast"

"Got this SUV when it was 2 yrs old. It was preowned and certified. I have never had to use the warranty for any reason and I still own it today."

Engine Oil Sludge problem that Lexus refuses 2 fix

By on Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Cons: "Engine Oil burning- Sludge problem"

"Car never needs an oil change anymore as it burns 1 qt of oil per week - New Toyota mode with recall not covering enough years. Ride, comfort great but Lexus dealer recalls ruined rotors by torquing lugs to nearly 280 ft lbs, caused warped rotors, oil sludge recall for Toyota 6 cylinders from 1997 to 2003 should have covered 2004 models as CARMAX tore the engine apart and agreed that oil sludge problem is severe in this engine. Toyota/Lexus had recall on 97- 03 but were hit with allot of replacement engines. Car was fun but using synthetic oil is too expensive with adding 1 qt per week and on start ups, it blows out a cloud of smoke. Had a new engine from Toyota in a 1998 Camry but dealer did not lock down radiator so that got damaged with vibration. Toyota/Lexus do not really stand behind their products and refuse to reimburse for damaged rotors nor will they offer new engine. Will go to Honda most likely."

A great car.

By on Monday, October 06, 2014

Pros: "Fantastic reliability and a very comfortable ride"

Cons: "Slightly underpowered."

"I have 155,000 miles on my 2005 Lexus RX330. No service whatever except normal wear items and routine oil changes. The only slight negative I would say is that it is slightly underpowered but unless you really like to stomp the pedal to the metal, not really an issue. I believe this car will go at least another 100K miles with just regular maintenance service. The newer models are called RX350's so maybe they increased the horsepower a little which would likely correct the under power issue. You can not go wrong with these cars - certified pre-owned Lexus' have a 3 year 100K warranty which certainly doesn't hurt."

Love this SUV and want to replace with newer model

By on Friday, October 03, 2014

Pros: "Very well made. Extremely reliable."

Cons: "Very light upholstery and carpet. Expensive."

"We have had this car for approximately 8 years. We bought it used with between 30 and 40 thousand miles. It still drives like the day we bought it and it now has over 140,000 miles. We have only had to do normal maintenance on this car...brakes, tires and one other issue with the back wheels that was not overly expensive. The interior and exterior have held up very well. The drivers sear near the door is the only thing really showing much wear (creases in the leather close by the door.). People are always shocked it is a 2004."

Great road car, smooth and quiet, high cost repair

By on Saturday, September 27, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, smooth on road, quiet and efficient"

Cons: "High cost to repair"

"Car has been very reliable, quiet and smooth on the road, but very expensive to do dealer repairs. Still running and driving well at almost a quarter million miles, without any transmission or engine major repairs."

Love it

By on Friday, September 26, 2014

Pros: "Easy to drive, great looking, reliable"

Cons: "Cost is high to buy"

"I love my Lexus and if I ever need another car I will buy another Lexus. Bought this one used and have never been disappointed. I lived in Massachusetts until recently and it is excellent in snow. Conveniences are great. Lexus repair/maintenance is outstanding."

Love MY SUV HYBRID Lexus

By on Thursday, September 25, 2014

Pros: "safe comfort"

Cons: "careful with the purchas price might pay more then"

"Itis classy ,has great comfort and luxury all in one Gas saver and smooth ride.I feel very well protected in any bad weather , have not had a accident yet in it soI am not able to coment . But it has plenty of air bags to feel safe when a accident occures. Fabulous on long drives. Great music sound,and have a moon roof to enjoy light. The back up camera has been awsome in many occassions."