2007 Lexus RX

Based on 503 Ratings for the 2004 - 2008 models.

Engine Oil Sludge problem that Lexus refuses 2 fix

By on Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Cons: "Engine Oil burning- Sludge problem"

"Car never needs an oil change anymore as it burns 1 qt of oil per week - New Toyota mode with recall not covering enough years. Ride, comfort great but Lexus dealer recalls ruined rotors by torquing lugs to nearly 280 ft lbs, caused warped rotors, oil sludge recall for Toyota 6 cylinders from 1997 to 2003 should have covered 2004 models as CARMAX tore the engine apart and agreed that oil sludge problem is severe in this engine. Toyota/Lexus had recall on 97- 03 but were hit with allot of replacement engines. Car was fun but using synthetic oil is too expensive with adding 1 qt per week and on start ups, it blows out a cloud of smoke. Had a new engine from Toyota in a 1998 Camry but dealer did not lock down radiator so that got damaged with vibration. Toyota/Lexus do not really stand behind their products and refuse to reimburse for damaged rotors nor will they offer new engine. Will go to Honda most likely."

A great car.

By on Monday, October 06, 2014

Pros: "Fantastic reliability and a very comfortable ride"

Cons: "Slightly underpowered."

"I have 155,000 miles on my 2005 Lexus RX330. No service whatever except normal wear items and routine oil changes. The only slight negative I would say is that it is slightly underpowered but unless you really like to stomp the pedal to the metal, not really an issue. I believe this car will go at least another 100K miles with just regular maintenance service. The newer models are called RX350's so maybe they increased the horsepower a little which would likely correct the under power issue. You can not go wrong with these cars - certified pre-owned Lexus' have a 3 year 100K warranty which certainly doesn't hurt."

Love this SUV and want to replace with newer model

By on Friday, October 03, 2014

Pros: "Very well made. Extremely reliable."

Cons: "Very light upholstery and carpet. Expensive."

"We have had this car for approximately 8 years. We bought it used with between 30 and 40 thousand miles. It still drives like the day we bought it and it now has over 140,000 miles. We have only had to do normal maintenance on this car...brakes, tires and one other issue with the back wheels that was not overly expensive. The interior and exterior have held up very well. The drivers sear near the door is the only thing really showing much wear (creases in the leather close by the door.). People are always shocked it is a 2004."

Great road car, smooth and quiet, high cost repair

By on Saturday, September 27, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, smooth on road, quiet and efficient"

Cons: "High cost to repair"

"Car has been very reliable, quiet and smooth on the road, but very expensive to do dealer repairs. Still running and driving well at almost a quarter million miles, without any transmission or engine major repairs."

Love it

By on Friday, September 26, 2014

Pros: "Easy to drive, great looking, reliable"

Cons: "Cost is high to buy"

"I love my Lexus and if I ever need another car I will buy another Lexus. Bought this one used and have never been disappointed. I lived in Massachusetts until recently and it is excellent in snow. Conveniences are great. Lexus repair/maintenance is outstanding."

Love MY SUV HYBRID Lexus

By on Thursday, September 25, 2014

Pros: "safe comfort"

Cons: "careful with the purchas price might pay more then"

"Itis classy ,has great comfort and luxury all in one Gas saver and smooth ride.I feel very well protected in any bad weather , have not had a accident yet in it soI am not able to coment . But it has plenty of air bags to feel safe when a accident occures. Fabulous on long drives. Great music sound,and have a moon roof to enjoy light. The back up camera has been awsome in many occassions."

Solid Performer

By on Saturday, September 20, 2014

Pros: "Reliability, quality interior/exterior"

Cons: "Front seat cushions too short, steering very numb"

"Stone cold reliable. Inexpensive to service. High quality interior and paint hold up well. Driving experience more sedate than exciting. Interior comfort good, but short cushions on front seats are not appreciated by anyone over 5'10". Steering is typical Toyota/Lexus numb. Braking, acceleration and stability are all excellent. Gas mileage is about what is on the sticker. Holds its value really well. If you are more interested in comfort and luxury, RX350 is for you. If you are interested in an "exciting to drive" car, don't waste your time on this model."

A great car for a Realtor in town driving.

By on Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Pros: "Always like the look of it."

Cons: "Just the highway driving."

"I've had two 430 Sedan's and this one crossover. I have never liked the overall driving of my SUV on highways. More road noise than the sedan inside. I'm not tied to Lexus. If I weren't a Realtor I would go back to a sedan, but alas , I need that cargo space. It's been a overall good car and I purchased an extended warranty which helped. I would have had $3000 to $4000 in repairs if I had not purchased the extended warranty. That would be a big ouch right after you paid the car off without the extended warranty."

Best Car in Its Class

By on Sunday, September 14, 2014

Reason: Traded for New 2015 Lexus RX 350

Pros: "Great Car!!!!"

"Would recommend this Car, Best in Value, Purchased New in 2004"

This car has been flawless

By on Wednesday, September 03, 2014

Pros: "Really a great car"

"Car has needed only routine maintenance except that the AC compressor was changed at 125K miles. Interior has held up amazingly well - still looks like new. Love this car"