2006 Lexus RX

Based on 545 Ratings for the 2004 - 2009 models.

GREAT EXCEPT THE TRANSMISSION

By on Friday, May 22, 2009

"A DEFECTIVE DESIGN FEATURE CAUSING UNSAFE TRANSMISSION SHIFTING AT LOW SPEEDS AND LEXUS FAILURE TO ACKNOWLDGE OR FIX IT SPOILS AN OTHERWISE GREAT CAR."

I love this car!

By on Wednesday, June 11, 2008

"So far, this has been the best car I have ever owned. I am averaging 30 to 32 MPG and only have to fill up every 10 to 14 days, depending on how much I drive. You have to change your driving habits to maximize your mileage, but it's made me a better driver. Even though premium unleaded gas is recommended, I am using regular unleaded. There are more bells and whistles that I can play with, the comfort is amazing, and the service from the dealership is outstanding. I plan on keeping this car for a long as it runs."

Happy Owner for 1 Year

By on Thursday, April 03, 2008

"I bought this car for my wife for Christmas in 2007. We've been pretty happy with the purchase. Do not buy this car because you think you are going to save a ton of money on gas! Compared to the RX350 - we get an extra 4 or 5 miles per gallon. It will take a lot of miles to offset the $2000+ cost of the hybrid engine. Styling is average. Its nice - but nothing thats going to make you say "Wow!" when you get in. Performance is good - but there is a significant "clunk" when the electric motor shifts over to the gas engine. Also - I tried to park the vehicle by running it up on a curb at a local fair .... when I place both wheels against the curb - in an effort to get up - the electric motor doesn't have the power to do it - even with the pedal floored. You have to hit a curb with speed to get up on it. Small stupid thing - but it mattered at the time. Its not a vehicle you will take off road. The quality appears to be good so far - no issues - but I would expect that from a $50K vehicle. Overall we are happy with the purchase. We don't have any major issues. We had a flat recently - and it was nice to have a full size spare - mounted on an extra alloy rim - not an ugly steel rim like on most cars. You can't tell the spare is on the vehicle. A nice touch."

How do I love thee...

By on Saturday, December 29, 2007

"I so love my Lexus. I've owned Cadillacs, a Lincoln LX, Jaguar and even a Merkur Scorpio, but none of them can touch my Lexus. The only reason I'll ever trade it in on a new one with built-in navigation. It's just a perfect vehicle. Just wish we had a Lexus dealer in Tyler, Texas. You see Lexus vehicles all over town, but no dealership. So sad."

An excellent small luxury SUV

By on Wednesday, November 21, 2007

"We bought it new in August 2003 and have been happy. We get up to 27 mpg on long (300 mile+) trips but only about 17 mpg in steady traffic. Nav system is great. Engine noise is a bit more than I thought I would get in a Lexus but I wouldn't trade it in unless I get a hybrid. I would get another one."

HATE TO TRADE

By on Wednesday, October 24, 2007

"I have had this vehicle 7 years with only a new battery and tires last year, and scheduled oil changes. 85000 miles and no problems at all. I have owned top of the line cadilacs,lincolns,infinitis, and nothing can compare to the pleasure of driving my rx. My only request would be for a little more zip off the line."

Nice SUV

By on Wednesday, September 19, 2007

"I have owned a 2007 for 13 months and overall, am satisfied with it. It has plenty of power and is for the most part comfortable. I would ask that Lexus do a better job making the drivers and passenger seating more accomodating for larger or taller people. The build quality is very good overall especially inside. Exterior and drive side, I don't see alot of difference between this and a nice Toyota however. The brakes occassionally feel 'weak' and seem to lock up easily in wet weather. It has good cargo room for a luxury SUV and can handle my Home Depot runs for the most part. If you keep your foot out of it...the gas mileage can be quite good. It has excellent visibility and interior refinements. The engine is good with the transmission being the 'weak' link as it whines occassionally and does not like to shift at lower speeds."

Best Value for Money

By on Thursday, August 09, 2007

"This car is great. I hasn't had any mechenical defects at all and the car has 15,000 miles on it."

Great car

By on Saturday, August 04, 2007

"I owned a 1999 RX300 and I wrecked it last August when I bought the RX330. It is a great car and Lexus provides excellent value and service. I highly recommend the car to anyone."

Greatest vehicle Ever....

By on Sunday, April 19, 2015

"First Rx 300 295,000 miles 2009 has 260,000 and running stronger than ever...."