2006 Lexus RX

Based on 550 Ratings for the 2004 - 2009 models.

Best vehicle ever vs several decades of Mercedes.

By on Monday, March 10, 2014

Pros: "After 94,000 driving is fun and you feel secure."

Cons: "Absolutely none"

"After owning five Mercedes sedans including diesel models I became discouraged at the maintenance costs and reliability especially of the more recent diesel models. I purchased a Lexus for the first time and it was like walking from the dark out into the daylight. The RX 330 I bought has had reasonable maintenance costs and has been rock solid in all components of reliability. I view Mercedes vehicles as more stylish and elegant, but Lexus is far more value for the money."

Best birthday purchase

By on Sunday, September 1, 2013

Pros: "Comfort, agility, and safety"

Cons: "Gas"

"I'd been in the market for another SUV for almost a year now. I recently sold a Subaru. My RX 350 is preowned. After two months of ownership, I find that it offers a smooth ride, a great view of the road, and simple ease with maneuvering. I am very happy with this purchase and I cannot see myself going back to any other brand!"

Above Ave Mid Size SUV

By on Thursday, May 23, 2013

Pros: "smooth driver"

Cons: "ignition coil replacement - costly."

"Overall RX350 has been great to drive. known issues (buyer beware) AFS light blinking, Ignition coils failing. Front ones easy to replace yourself. Rear ones will cost you $800 (Do rear {3} all at once. Rear Power Trunk struggles to work in the winter time."

Best SUV on the market PERIOD!

By on Thursday, October 28, 2010

"We purchased our 2007 RX350 in April of 2008 as a demo model that our dealership was using as a loaner car. It is certified pre-owned to 3 years 100K miles. We have about 65,000 miles on it now and have driven it 35,000 miles since we have owned it. We have taken this car everywhere, from trips to Tahoe in the winter, to roadtrips to LA (from SF where we live) 3 - 4 times and we even drove to Salt Lake City (1,000mile+ round trip) for a wedding. I can truly say that this car is worth every penny we paid for it. It is roomy for a family of 4. Plenty of cargo room. Also comes with roof rack standard that is easy to work with. Our's came with the 2009 Navigation CD which has never let us down. However, just the other day I was in a newly developed area of town and did not see it on the map so maybe time for an upgrade. All-in-all this car is the most reliable, gas friendly, practical vehicle for a family with 2 kids. Yes, it will cost a little more than the Blazers or Envoys. But, you have to look at the Total Cost Of Ownership and resale value. We bought this car over 2 1/2 years ago for $33K and aside from normal service costs (oil changes and a 60K service (around $400 at the dealer)) the car has gvien us no issues (knock on wood) and I can sell it today for $28K. Not a bad investment as far as cars go in my book."

2004 Lexus RX-330

By on Friday, July 9, 2010

"We purchased this vehicle in 2003 and it has proved to be osne of the best cars we've ever owned. Suprisingly, this thing will go through 12" of snow and it's tractrion control is awsome even on really slippery surfaces. Quick, quiet, reliable. My wife looks great in it and loves it... Our 4th lexus and although some BMW owners might not like the smoth and quiet environment, it's reliability superceeds the need for speed. If you compare the X-5 dollar dor dollar, meaning tires, brakes, fluid changes, even an extra key the word VALUE jumps out at you. Value can be defined in this SUV... Only problemis after 7 years she's tired of it??? Looking at new one this fall."

Good Vehicle

By on Friday, December 11, 2009

"The SUV is great. The only complaint here is the lack of navigation changes during driving."

great mid size cross over

By on Saturday, October 17, 2009

"Battery failed @ 30 mos. in hot climate.- It runs good on regular gas vs. recommended premium by Lexus. Overall an excellent vehicle. Does well in snow with the AWD feature."

Never want another car.

By on Sunday, May 24, 2009

"The look, the dependability, the spectacular ride are all I ever want in a vehicle and more. This is my second Rx and I will keep chosing this vehicle until they don't exist any more. Lots of cool rides out there but I've never found a better overall package. Lexus offers great service experience too."

So Happy!

By on Monday, May 18, 2009

"I spent so much time trying to find a SUV that had everything I wanted. I drove over 20 different makes and models over 6 months. I could not be happier with my decision to buy the Lexus. It is the smoothest riding vehicle I've ever been in, with all of the features I want and need. It is fantastic and I can't wait to drive it every day!"

Incredibly reliable

By on Saturday, January 10, 2009

"Purchased this 400 RXh because of the legendary Lexus reliability and have not be disappointed. At 40,000 miles and no problems…at all. The acceleration is very impressive and my wife thinks it’s the most comfortable car she has ever had. Mileage is not great but I can get close to 26 mpg average when I try. I would…and probably will, buy this car again. Hats off to these guys for getting it right."

Good Vehicle

By on Thursday, January 1, 2009

"We purchased the 2004 RX330 with about 21K miles and I have to admit it is a quality vehicle. The ride is pretty smooth and for the value it is good. We are about to trade this one in for a larger vehice due to kids. I do have to say this vehicle did save my wife (6mo. pregnant), child, and other family members lives when it was struck from behind on the freeway. Although our vehicle had bumper and rear door damage the other vehicle was totalled. This tells me that Lexus not only cares about amenities, it cares about the quality..."

awesome ride

By on Wednesday, December 10, 2008

"I traded in a Hummer H3 for the 400H hybrid. (yes, I can hear you snicker). Sounds silly, but no amount of reviews of how terrible gas mileage is in a Hummer can fully prepare you for how bad gas mileage REALLY IS in a Hummer. And we bought it exactly 5 minutes before gas went to 3$ a gallon! At any rate, I love my 400H for every reason you have read in previous reviews. However, don't be disillusioned by the fact your car is CALLED hybrid. It won't get as good of gas mileage as say, a Prius, just by the fact that it is a heavier car. But, you'll look better getting there : )! They also won't tell you that if you live somewhere where you run the a/c 9 months out of the year (say, Florida), your gas mileage will be lower. If you are a freeway driver living in a warm weather climate you won't be cashing in on the gas savings much, I will tell you. Freeway driving requires constant gasoline (unless you are stuck in gridlock) , as opposed to city driving, where you spend time idling at lights and stop signs, or driving thru 25 mph towns (little to no gas required). But the ride is great, and you will learn driving "tricks" to optimize the gas mileage along the way. My favorite part about the car? The looks on people's faces when I can dust them getting on the freeway, since MY car doesn't have to waste time going thru gears on a transmission. There is none. In other words, the "pickup" is great! (certainly better than a Hummer, though with an H3, you don't have to outrun anyone, they just get out of the way)"

Love my Lexus

By on Monday, September 22, 2008

"This is my 3rd Lexus (1 car 2 suv's) and I have nothing but praise for them. I alternated between cars with Mercedes and BMW which were both nightmares. My RX330 is comfortable, easy to drive and well equiped. It could have a little more power but I still love the ride. I think I might go for the RX400H when my lease is up. I have learned my lesson and won't buy another luxury vehicle but Lexus."

Excellent car, but not exactly worth the money!

By on Saturday, February 16, 2008

"I have a RX400h 2008 and I like the lexury and safe and smooth handling of this vehicle. However, if you expect (or I should say over expect) better milage on this crossover, you are wrong. During this winter without turning on the seat heat, I was getting average of 17-20 miles per gallon in a semi city life. At the same time it gives you 22-23 miles on highway. At the same time if you drive in (I call it test/technical driving) you will achieve upto 24 miles in semi city and 27+ miles on highway, which is very hard to maintain in "daily practical driving". When contacted service, I was told that this is a performance vehicle and less focused on milage, which is practically correct. The service is of lexus dealer shipt is excellent/outstanding. If you plan to install rear dvd player, go ahead and install the overhead (original factory version). Do not go for rear head rest (2 seperate monitors with wireless headphone), atleast from the dealership as it is a cheap/flimsy make. My headphone is dead in less than 3 months and this thing eat a lottt of battery. I kept one charger with 8 battery capacity in the car itself to feed the wireless headphones! Over all this is an excellent car, but not exactly for the money you paid for. Some of the cheap japanese/american cars come with more lexurious features compared to Lexus which is really a pinch when you think about the money you paid for and what you get!"

Close to perfection

By on Tuesday, October 16, 2007

"At first I didn't want to pay the price for this vehicle but after I test drove it I was sold. It has so many incredible features both for safety and comfort and frankly I occasionaly discover one I wasn't aware of. The mileage I found to be around 20-21 in the city and 25-26 hwy. Anyway I recommend it to anyone looking for a crossover in this class. Worth every cent."

Life in the fast lane

By on Tuesday, September 11, 2007

"I bought this for my wife to drive. I traded her 2005 350z convertable for it. I really hated letting the sports car go but this 2006 RX330 is a blast to drive it begs to be driven. I find my self driving faster than I normally would due the the smooth ride and handeling. I would recommend this lexus to anyone looking for a great suv."

Simply the Best!!

By on Saturday, August 11, 2007

"I have a 2005 RX w/36000 miles on it and its simply the best vehicle I have ever owned (I'm 55 yrs old)! I live in the north and the RX is great on snow (AWD). I have had zero problems and this is the 3rd year of ownership."

BEST CAR I've ever purchased

By on Friday, August 19, 2016

Pros: "Very Dependable, has wonderful options"

"Super stylish, easy to drive, fully loaded with options such as bluetooth, back up camera, and well designed console."

Handing down to my Granddaughter. :)

By on Monday, July 20, 2015

Pros: "All the bells and whistles..sporty and luxurious!"

"I absolutely LOVE this car. I have owned it for 8+ years and it has never been in the shop once. I am getting a newer model Lexus only so that I can hand this down to my darling Granddaughter so that she can start out in a safe, reliable, comfortable and fabulous car. She has always loved this car as well!"

The best

By on Monday, March 10, 2014

Pros: "Excellent quality."

Cons: "Some service is a bit pricey."

"This car is truly special. The hybrid drive is super quiet with great acceleration. It has been serviced by Lexus at every interval. We bought the same model again."

awsome car

By on Sunday, March 9, 2014

Pros: "great car"

"lexus build great car, own a 2004, keep up with service and it will keep running. looking for rx450h newer model now. this rx 2004 still run strong. start to show some aging on the car, dash have hair line crack."

LOVE (LOVE) this Super Impressive Hybrid Lexus!!

By on Friday, August 30, 2013

Pros: "SMART value, Comfort, Size, Reliability & Savings!"

Cons: "Just that it was redesigned in 2010. Ha!"

"I've owned a lot of vehicles. I've owned BMW, Volkswagen, Toyota, Mercedes, etc. I typically only keep a vehicle a couple years, but I LOVE my 2007 Lexus RX 400h. This is hands down the longest I've ever owned a vehicle, and I thought I'd share my own pleasant, surprising experience with you. What I love: *Reliability* - Never have had a thing go wrong, ever; *Hybrid Savings* - I've averaged 26 mi/gal every year, and I do a lot of interstate driving so if you're in city, you'll probably do even better, but simply outstanding for an SUV; *Power* - You would never know this is a Hybrid - other than fact that it makes no noise! Get up & go is exceptional. LOVE this vehicle! *Comfort* - I've gone coast to coast in this, and it is just comfortable, plus all the bells & whistles for its time from heated seats, moonroof, DVD/6-CD, navigation, tow pkg, power everything - push button/auto-open access to trunk, back-up camera, etc, etc. *!JUST SMART!* - I hate depreciating money. As far as vehicles go, this baby is a winner all the way around for me. Great gas mileage. Great comfort for my clients. Low maintenance! Oil changes every 5K and your basic 30K, 60K, 90K, 120K service recommendations. Done & done. If you are wondering if the older Lexus RX Hybrids are any good, I'm here to tell you, my 2007 RX 400h is amazing. The *ONLY* reason I am even considering an upgrade to the RX 450h is because I have clients with me often and the redesign has been out long enough now that more & more of my clients realize the difference between brand new & guessing the age of mine (most clients have no idea mine is a 2007) Which reminds me of another reason I am sold on Lexus: Lexus rarely does a huge/highly noticeable redesign...to which I say THANK YOU. The more redesigns, the more/faster depreciation to previous models. Why change what isn't broken? Ironically, I wasn't sure if I liked "the look" of the Lexus RX 400h when I first bought it. I've literally grown to love it more & more & more with every year! It's the funniest thing to me. I think the combination of how SMART this vehicle is in quality, comfort, value and ride just has me loving it more than I ever would have guessed possible. I frequent car shows, and definitely enjoy a good-looking vehicle(!), but I'm also more like Warren Buffett at my core...and thus I'm not a fan of pouring money into depreciating investments anymore than absolutely necessary. The Lexus RX 400h has been the smartest vehicle purchase for my needs from a financial place, too. Both the Lexus name & hybrid aspect assure my clients (that can't help but judge me/my success by what I drive) that they are in good hands, and the hybrid mileage savings, cargo size & exceptional reliability satisfies my need for achieving the most bang for my buck in this part of my life. I don't know what else to say. I've grown to love this vehicle more & more & more with every passing year. I just hope the RX 450h is as awesome as my 2007 RX 400h!!"

Completely spoiled by this car!!

By on Monday, August 19, 2013

Pros: "stylish, RELIABLE, really takes care of you"

Cons: "Protect seats and armrests from sunscreen, etc."

"At 145,000 miles, it's time to start thinking about a new car, but I hate the thought! The garage man who recently changed the oil (and yes, I maintain it on schedule), said, "I gotta hand it to you--it's in excellent condition!" What other car wouldn't be leaking, at least a little, at this age? Only one moon roof glitch has cost us extra for repairs. Paint looks like new, too. I love the little pampering extras--like opening the windows with the key. One teeny complaint is that the leather seats show some wear after 10 searing, sweating, saltwater, sunscreened Florida summers. We'll get a new one just like this--definitely worth the substantial up front price."

Bells and whistles galore

By on Friday, August 2, 2013

Pros: "Luxury, comfort, nice to drive, some neat features"

Cons: "You pay for what you get"

"This car really cossets you. Couldn't justify cost new, so bought used 2005 with 72K miles. 630 page instruction manual boggles the mind. Very nice interior. Automatic wipers and headlights are a bit over the top, and the GPS is rather inelegant tho the female voice is nice. Compromise between ride comfort and handling is well done. Toyota dealers can service, a big plus for cost. Still learning the bells and whistles of which there are many, some good and others are what were they thinking?"

Love my Lexus!

By on Thursday, March 7, 2013

Pros: "Just an incredibly good car/suv"

"Bought the RX new, and have never had any problem. I feel so safe in it, and the reliability factor is through the roof. This is our 3rd Lexus and my first, and I would not want anything else. Gas mileage for this size SUV is outstanding and with 95K miles its still going.My husbands first Lexus,ES350-2004, had 350K miles when traded in."