2006 Lexus RX

Based on 529 Ratings for the 2004 - 2008 models.

Quiet Luxury

By on Saturday, May 23, 2009

"The quietest, most comfortable car I have ever driven. The Mark Levinson audio system is fantastic. Smooth, responsive handling. Luxurious interior styling with super-convenient storage. Best of all, we get terrific gas mileage for an SUV (about 27 mpg for a combination of city and freeway driving)."

GREAT EXCEPT THE TRANSMISSION

By on Friday, May 22, 2009

"A DEFECTIVE DESIGN FEATURE CAUSING UNSAFE TRANSMISSION SHIFTING AT LOW SPEEDS AND LEXUS FAILURE TO ACKNOWLDGE OR FIX IT SPOILS AN OTHERWISE GREAT CAR."

I love this car!

By on Wednesday, June 11, 2008

"So far, this has been the best car I have ever owned. I am averaging 30 to 32 MPG and only have to fill up every 10 to 14 days, depending on how much I drive. You have to change your driving habits to maximize your mileage, but it's made me a better driver. Even though premium unleaded gas is recommended, I am using regular unleaded. There are more bells and whistles that I can play with, the comfort is amazing, and the service from the dealership is outstanding. I plan on keeping this car for a long as it runs."

Happy Owner for 1 Year

By on Thursday, April 03, 2008

"I bought this car for my wife for Christmas in 2007. We've been pretty happy with the purchase. Do not buy this car because you think you are going to save a ton of money on gas! Compared to the RX350 - we get an extra 4 or 5 miles per gallon. It will take a lot of miles to offset the $2000+ cost of the hybrid engine. Styling is average. Its nice - but nothing thats going to make you say "Wow!" when you get in. Performance is good - but there is a significant "clunk" when the electric motor shifts over to the gas engine. Also - I tried to park the vehicle by running it up on a curb at a local fair .... when I place both wheels against the curb - in an effort to get up - the electric motor doesn't have the power to do it - even with the pedal floored. You have to hit a curb with speed to get up on it. Small stupid thing - but it mattered at the time. Its not a vehicle you will take off road. The quality appears to be good so far - no issues - but I would expect that from a $50K vehicle. Overall we are happy with the purchase. We don't have any major issues. We had a flat recently - and it was nice to have a full size spare - mounted on an extra alloy rim - not an ugly steel rim like on most cars. You can't tell the spare is on the vehicle. A nice touch."

How do I love thee...

By on Saturday, December 29, 2007

"I so love my Lexus. I've owned Cadillacs, a Lincoln LX, Jaguar and even a Merkur Scorpio, but none of them can touch my Lexus. The only reason I'll ever trade it in on a new one with built-in navigation. It's just a perfect vehicle. Just wish we had a Lexus dealer in Tyler, Texas. You see Lexus vehicles all over town, but no dealership. So sad."

An excellent small luxury SUV

By on Wednesday, November 21, 2007

"We bought it new in August 2003 and have been happy. We get up to 27 mpg on long (300 mile+) trips but only about 17 mpg in steady traffic. Nav system is great. Engine noise is a bit more than I thought I would get in a Lexus but I wouldn't trade it in unless I get a hybrid. I would get another one."

HATE TO TRADE

By on Wednesday, October 24, 2007

"I have had this vehicle 7 years with only a new battery and tires last year, and scheduled oil changes. 85000 miles and no problems at all. I have owned top of the line cadilacs,lincolns,infinitis, and nothing can compare to the pleasure of driving my rx. My only request would be for a little more zip off the line."

Nice SUV

By on Wednesday, September 19, 2007

"I have owned a 2007 for 13 months and overall, am satisfied with it. It has plenty of power and is for the most part comfortable. I would ask that Lexus do a better job making the drivers and passenger seating more accomodating for larger or taller people. The build quality is very good overall especially inside. Exterior and drive side, I don't see alot of difference between this and a nice Toyota however. The brakes occassionally feel 'weak' and seem to lock up easily in wet weather. It has good cargo room for a luxury SUV and can handle my Home Depot runs for the most part. If you keep your foot out of it...the gas mileage can be quite good. It has excellent visibility and interior refinements. The engine is good with the transmission being the 'weak' link as it whines occassionally and does not like to shift at lower speeds."

Best Value for Money

By on Thursday, August 09, 2007

"This car is great. I hasn't had any mechenical defects at all and the car has 15,000 miles on it."

Great car

By on Saturday, August 04, 2007

"I owned a 1999 RX300 and I wrecked it last August when I bought the RX330. It is a great car and Lexus provides excellent value and service. I highly recommend the car to anyone."

Best vehicle I have ever owned and driven.

By on Wednesday, June 04, 2014

Pros: "Comfort, styling, efficiency, overall value."

Cons: "Better fuel economy would be desirable."

"Extremely reliable and practical vehicle for both commuting and travel. Lowest maintenance cost over 10 years of several I have previously owned and driven. Exceptional value-for-money, regardless of kilometers."

Best vehicle ever vs several decades of Mercedes.

By on Monday, March 10, 2014

Pros: "After 94,000 driving is fun and you feel secure."

Cons: "Absolutely none"

"After owning five Mercedes sedans including diesel models I became discouraged at the maintenance costs and reliability especially of the more recent diesel models. I purchased a Lexus for the first time and it was like walking from the dark out into the daylight. The RX 330 I bought has had reasonable maintenance costs and has been rock solid in all components of reliability. I view Mercedes vehicles as more stylish and elegant, but Lexus is far more value for the money."

Best birthday purchase

By on Sunday, September 01, 2013

Pros: "Comfort, agility, and safety"

Cons: "Gas"

"I'd been in the market for another SUV for almost a year now. I recently sold a Subaru. My RX 350 is preowned. After two months of ownership, I find that it offers a smooth ride, a great view of the road, and simple ease with maneuvering. I am very happy with this purchase and I cannot see myself going back to any other brand!"

Above Ave Mid Size SUV

By on Thursday, May 23, 2013

Pros: "smooth driver"

Cons: "ignition coil replacement - costly."

"Overall RX350 has been great to drive. known issues (buyer beware) AFS light blinking, Ignition coils failing. Front ones easy to replace yourself. Rear ones will cost you $800 (Do rear {3} all at once. Rear Power Trunk struggles to work in the winter time."

Best SUV on the market PERIOD!

By on Thursday, October 28, 2010

"We purchased our 2007 RX350 in April of 2008 as a demo model that our dealership was using as a loaner car. It is certified pre-owned to 3 years 100K miles. We have about 65,000 miles on it now and have driven it 35,000 miles since we have owned it. We have taken this car everywhere, from trips to Tahoe in the winter, to roadtrips to LA (from SF where we live) 3 - 4 times and we even drove to Salt Lake City (1,000mile+ round trip) for a wedding. I can truly say that this car is worth every penny we paid for it. It is roomy for a family of 4. Plenty of cargo room. Also comes with roof rack standard that is easy to work with. Our's came with the 2009 Navigation CD which has never let us down. However, just the other day I was in a newly developed area of town and did not see it on the map so maybe time for an upgrade. All-in-all this car is the most reliable, gas friendly, practical vehicle for a family with 2 kids. Yes, it will cost a little more than the Blazers or Envoys. But, you have to look at the Total Cost Of Ownership and resale value. We bought this car over 2 1/2 years ago for $33K and aside from normal service costs (oil changes and a 60K service (around $400 at the dealer)) the car has gvien us no issues (knock on wood) and I can sell it today for $28K. Not a bad investment as far as cars go in my book."

2004 Lexus RX-330

By on Friday, July 09, 2010

"We purchased this vehicle in 2003 and it has proved to be osne of the best cars we've ever owned. Suprisingly, this thing will go through 12" of snow and it's tractrion control is awsome even on really slippery surfaces. Quick, quiet, reliable. My wife looks great in it and loves it... Our 4th lexus and although some BMW owners might not like the smoth and quiet environment, it's reliability superceeds the need for speed. If you compare the X-5 dollar dor dollar, meaning tires, brakes, fluid changes, even an extra key the word VALUE jumps out at you. Value can be defined in this SUV... Only problemis after 7 years she's tired of it??? Looking at new one this fall."

Good Vehicle

By on Friday, December 11, 2009

"The SUV is great. The only complaint here is the lack of navigation changes during driving."

great mid size cross over

By on Saturday, October 17, 2009

"Battery failed @ 30 mos. in hot climate.- It runs good on regular gas vs. recommended premium by Lexus. Overall an excellent vehicle. Does well in snow with the AWD feature."

Never want another car.

By on Sunday, May 24, 2009

"The look, the dependability, the spectacular ride are all I ever want in a vehicle and more. This is my second Rx and I will keep chosing this vehicle until they don't exist any more. Lots of cool rides out there but I've never found a better overall package. Lexus offers great service experience too."

So Happy!

By on Monday, May 18, 2009

"I spent so much time trying to find a SUV that had everything I wanted. I drove over 20 different makes and models over 6 months. I could not be happier with my decision to buy the Lexus. It is the smoothest riding vehicle I've ever been in, with all of the features I want and need. It is fantastic and I can't wait to drive it every day!"

Incredibly reliable

By on Saturday, January 10, 2009

"Purchased this 400 RXh because of the legendary Lexus reliability and have not be disappointed. At 40,000 miles and no problems…at all. The acceleration is very impressive and my wife thinks it’s the most comfortable car she has ever had. Mileage is not great but I can get close to 26 mpg average when I try. I would…and probably will, buy this car again. Hats off to these guys for getting it right."

Good Vehicle

By on Thursday, January 01, 2009

"We purchased the 2004 RX330 with about 21K miles and I have to admit it is a quality vehicle. The ride is pretty smooth and for the value it is good. We are about to trade this one in for a larger vehice due to kids. I do have to say this vehicle did save my wife (6mo. pregnant), child, and other family members lives when it was struck from behind on the freeway. Although our vehicle had bumper and rear door damage the other vehicle was totalled. This tells me that Lexus not only cares about amenities, it cares about the quality..."

awesome ride

By on Wednesday, December 10, 2008

"I traded in a Hummer H3 for the 400H hybrid. (yes, I can hear you snicker). Sounds silly, but no amount of reviews of how terrible gas mileage is in a Hummer can fully prepare you for how bad gas mileage REALLY IS in a Hummer. And we bought it exactly 5 minutes before gas went to 3$ a gallon! At any rate, I love my 400H for every reason you have read in previous reviews. However, don't be disillusioned by the fact your car is CALLED hybrid. It won't get as good of gas mileage as say, a Prius, just by the fact that it is a heavier car. But, you'll look better getting there : )! They also won't tell you that if you live somewhere where you run the a/c 9 months out of the year (say, Florida), your gas mileage will be lower. If you are a freeway driver living in a warm weather climate you won't be cashing in on the gas savings much, I will tell you. Freeway driving requires constant gasoline (unless you are stuck in gridlock) , as opposed to city driving, where you spend time idling at lights and stop signs, or driving thru 25 mph towns (little to no gas required). But the ride is great, and you will learn driving "tricks" to optimize the gas mileage along the way. My favorite part about the car? The looks on people's faces when I can dust them getting on the freeway, since MY car doesn't have to waste time going thru gears on a transmission. There is none. In other words, the "pickup" is great! (certainly better than a Hummer, though with an H3, you don't have to outrun anyone, they just get out of the way)"

Love my Lexus

By on Monday, September 22, 2008

"This is my 3rd Lexus (1 car 2 suv's) and I have nothing but praise for them. I alternated between cars with Mercedes and BMW which were both nightmares. My RX330 is comfortable, easy to drive and well equiped. It could have a little more power but I still love the ride. I think I might go for the RX400H when my lease is up. I have learned my lesson and won't buy another luxury vehicle but Lexus."

Excellent car, but not exactly worth the money!

By on Saturday, February 16, 2008

"I have a RX400h 2008 and I like the lexury and safe and smooth handling of this vehicle. However, if you expect (or I should say over expect) better milage on this crossover, you are wrong. During this winter without turning on the seat heat, I was getting average of 17-20 miles per gallon in a semi city life. At the same time it gives you 22-23 miles on highway. At the same time if you drive in (I call it test/technical driving) you will achieve upto 24 miles in semi city and 27+ miles on highway, which is very hard to maintain in "daily practical driving". When contacted service, I was told that this is a performance vehicle and less focused on milage, which is practically correct. The service is of lexus dealer shipt is excellent/outstanding. If you plan to install rear dvd player, go ahead and install the overhead (original factory version). Do not go for rear head rest (2 seperate monitors with wireless headphone), atleast from the dealership as it is a cheap/flimsy make. My headphone is dead in less than 3 months and this thing eat a lottt of battery. I kept one charger with 8 battery capacity in the car itself to feed the wireless headphones! Over all this is an excellent car, but not exactly for the money you paid for. Some of the cheap japanese/american cars come with more lexurious features compared to Lexus which is really a pinch when you think about the money you paid for and what you get!"