• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2006 Lexus RX

Based on 496 Ratings for the 2004 - 2008 models.

2008 Lexus Rx 350 very Low miles 46000 Nav Loaded

By on Monday, March 31, 2014

Pros: "Very Low Miles 46000"

"2008 Lexus Rx 350 Extremely Low Miles 44600, Champagne in Color, changes in sunlight, Premium Package, Leather Seats, Navigation, and Very clean. Six Disc CD, XM Radio, AM FM, Hands Free Blue Tooth Cell phone, Premium wheels, every option available."

This has been a perfect car.

By on Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Pros: "Low mileage, well cared for and lives in a garage."

Cons: "No negatives about this car."

"This is a Thunder Cloud Edition. There were only 6,500 made so it is somewhat rare. It is Thunder Cloud grey metallic. Michelin Energy tires 5,000 miles ago. Air conditioning repair one time. It has been well maintained and has lived in a garage it's whole life."

Excellent suv, never have had a days trouble .

By on Sunday, March 16, 2014

Pros: "I can not say enough good things about my lexus."

Cons: "basically, I have no issues."

"I purchased this car when my husband became confined to a wheel chair and I needed an easy way to load and unload the chair by myself. I had previously owned 2 lexus automobiles, both sedans and loved them too. I would highly recommend it to anyone that has the need for a mid size suv that offers all the bells and whistles."

very good car

By on Friday, March 14, 2014

Pros: "very good little car"

"Never had any problems at all with this car.Only money spent on ths car was maint. up-keep"

I test drove this car

By on Friday, March 14, 2014

I don't own this car

Pros: "sturdy, lots of features"

Cons: "positive shift"

"I test drove this car with 142k miles. I can't wait to buy it. It would replace a 2006 Kia Sportage. (I dont hate that truck but hey, this is a Lexus Jack). The car felt very sturdy. There were a couple of kinks in it but I think those are wear and tear items so I am not too worried. The only thing I didn't care for was that it seemed like it had positive shift. I have owned Accords before (they are famous for this) and I am very familiar with positive shift. That would not stop me from buying the car, I just wanted to mention it. My 12 year old daughter was easily and quickly able to figure out the radio and A/c controls as well as the power seat on the passenger side. I have her approval to buy this car. Lol."

The car has performed well and is reliable

By on Wednesday, March 12, 2014

"The car has met expectations but I am very disappointed with the quality/ in particular the dashboard developed cracks. I researched this problem and found may other users had the same problem and it was not limited to my geographic location. The car is always parked in my garage when not is use so I do not believe that it caused by direct sunlight."

The best

By on Monday, March 10, 2014

Pros: "Excellent quality."

Cons: "Some service is a bit pricey."

"This car is truly special. The hybrid drive is super quiet with great acceleration. It has been serviced by Lexus at every interval. We bought the same model again."

Best vehicle ever vs several decades of Mercedes.

By on Monday, March 10, 2014

Pros: "After 94,000 driving is fun and you feel secure."

Cons: "Absolutely none"

"After owning five Mercedes sedans including diesel models I became discouraged at the maintenance costs and reliability especially of the more recent diesel models. I purchased a Lexus for the first time and it was like walking from the dark out into the daylight. The RX 330 I bought has had reasonable maintenance costs and has been rock solid in all components of reliability. I view Mercedes vehicles as more stylish and elegant, but Lexus is far more value for the money."

awsome car

By on Sunday, March 09, 2014

Pros: "great car"

"lexus build great car, own a 2004, keep up with service and it will keep running. looking for rx450h newer model now. this rx 2004 still run strong. start to show some aging on the car, dash have hair line crack."

$17,000

By on Saturday, March 08, 2014

"excellent condition, 1 owner"

I love my RX350!

By on Wednesday, March 05, 2014

Pros: "comfortable safe secure enjoyable"

"Safe, smooth, and very comfortable. I've used this vehicle as my mobile office since 2006 and logged a lot of windshield time. I also own a new IS 250c but no matter how fun my convertible is to drive, I prefer the 2004 RX 350. It sits high enough off the road so that I can see and provides an extremely smooth ride. I especially love the driver's left side cup holder. It's one of my favorite features….. Great SUV."

Poor off road, towing capability mpg 12-23winter

By on Thursday, February 06, 2014

Pros: "Highway comfort, style, luxury interior."

Cons: "Poor cornering and off road capability."

"Excellent in many ways and great on long highway trips, comfort, convenience, features. Negative aspects(Prior SUVs were 2 Cherokees, 1 Gran Cherokee, other car is a 04 Porsche Boxter): *Sloppy on corners (am I used to the Porsche?) *Poor traction off road deep snow, wet grass, mud. *MPG - 12/16 in Winter 23/27 Summer, disappointing. *Prem ethanol free - 5 mpg better. *High tailgate makes backup camera necessary equipment."

Great car---no issues

By on Thursday, January 30, 2014

"A very competent and trouble free vehicle."

Not one problem

By on Thursday, January 30, 2014

Pros: "never a mechanical problem, ultra reliable car"

Cons: "poor rear vision"

"95,000 miles, regular recommended service. All I've needed are "nothing." Not one problem with this car mechanically. Rear visibility is poor. Good driving position. Excellent car."

nice car

By on Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "noisy when windows open"

"nice car no problems"

great car!

By on Friday, January 10, 2014

Pros: "great for costco runs! great for roadtrips!"

Cons: "can't think of one"

"I bought mine in 2007 from the dealer with 44k. I do a lot of driving for work so I spend a good part of my work day in it. Very comfortable. The driver's seat could be a little more supportive for long legged folks. Its the right size SUV for me. Not too small or too large. The V6 is very smooth and quiet. The suspension is just the right balance between firm and soft. The car has a very substantial feeling to it.It feels very safe and secure. The ride height is great, it keeps other cars from blinding you with their headlights. The windows are large which I like. Great center console. It has plenty of room for all my stuff. On long trips it can't be beat. I haven't had to make too many repairs, just routine maintenance. The front brake rotors had to be resurfaced and I replaced the driver side window controller. The check engine light is on due to the catalytic converter that needs to be replaced but it doesn't effect driveability. That's it. I get about 22 mpg mixed as long as I take it easy on the gas pedal. Lexus sent me a letter saying they will replace the headlight lenses in the future if needed for free which is good because mine got cloudy about 150k miles ago. To me its been an economy car because its lasted so long with no problems or annoyances. It should easily go another 100k miles."

First Hybrid year a winner

By on Wednesday, January 08, 2014

Pros: "good gas mileage, great size, comfortable"

Cons: "Service cost"

"Excellent car, after owning a non hybrid 300 series. Easy to park, to drive, comfortable, sound interiors, a little noisy, but problem free. Only problem is that the Lexus service is prohibitive after the warranty is up. It means turning in a great car for a new model or paying 8-10000 per year for service."

Rx 330

By on Friday, December 20, 2013

I don't own this car

"quick and easy value estimate"

Reliable luxury!!!

By on Friday, December 13, 2013

Pros: "Quality ride and comfortable. Good fuel mileage."

Cons: "Not a sporty ride."

"Would buy again."

Drives good better than most SUV's.

By on Sunday, November 24, 2013

Pros: "Very good vehicle for any kind of weather"

Cons: "The steering racks all RX's seals go easy."

"I recommend this car to any one specially families up to 3 kids it is comfortable nice ride I drive it to florida, Boston , Philadelphia , New Jersey, up state New York , Atlanta etc. no problems still looks new rides like new . I have it since new so it's well kept . The only problem that upset me is that lexus knows that all this steering racks are poor in quality and they haven't done anything about this we the owners have to suffer with this $1400.00 expense. Other than that great cars."

Great Luxury Vehicle for a Bargain Price

By on Saturday, November 23, 2013

Pros: "comfortable, chic, great sound system"

Cons: "awful city mpg, expensive to maintain"

"I have owned this 2004 RX330 for going on six years. I bought it used in 2008. The owner before me bought it right off the lot in 2003! It had 48,108 miles on it, and came with 50,000 mile /4yr warranty for a certified pre-owned through the dealership. I financed the car for $25,000 with a $2500 down payment. Paid it off early and saved my self a few thousand dollars a year before the end of the 4 year finance period. It has given me minimal problems. I am in the sixth year and it is now giving me just a little trouble (the master panel for the electric windows is on the fritz-- a $300 issue, the front passenger lock some how got jammed and would not work with the power locks-- $20 issue, the front cup holder cover sticks a bit-- warranty issue, and not much else) And everything else that was wrong- a broken seat belt, a crack in the wood paneling-- was covered in the warranty. This is a comfortable SUV-Hatchback that will sit 4 adults and a child with no issues. If you want an all adults get away, you can seat four adults with a nice cup holder/storage compartment between adults in the back seat. This car is excellent on highway gas mileage for its year and class. The tank I would guesstimate is about 20 gallons. And if I am driving a distance of 350 miles, I will not have to fill up on gas. That would take me to the very end of the tank, but I have done it time and again. But beware, this car is completely awful on gas when trying to get around town. This is the reason I give it an 8 out of 10 on quality and driving dynamics. It drives just wonderful--but in order to drive it just wonderful, around town, you would think that someone has punctured your gas tank. You and and your nearest, cheapest gas station should become good friends. Anyway, the highway mileage makes up for that, in some respects. The car only requires 87 grade at the pump--written right in the manual. If you want to do hire grades you can, and you will see higher mileage per gallon, but it is better to stick with one grade of gasoline and have your care serviced regularly. I have found that changing the type of oil that I use in the colder month helps the car do well in freezing cold weather on gas mileage. I switch between the 5w30 synthetic and another for the cold weather that my local servicing shop offers. Now, the type of oil will really affect your gas mileage! The cheap stuff should never even go into this car. But the premium oil change packages will give you 2-3 more miles per gallon of gas with this car. That is amazing to me. This car still looks great after 6 years. One thing that Lexus has on point is design. Their designs are always light years ahead of their competitors, which requires very few changes between model years. We who drive the RXs can tell, but they look awful similar. This makes for excellent branding. You can tell a Lexus from a mile away. Literally. I don't feel like I am driving a 10 year old car, but It is 10 years old, just the same. My car, now in 'good' condition after a front end collision accident, has demonstrated excellence in collision performance. My adjuster said it did exactly what it was supposed to do in the event of a collision, which made it much easier to fix. The car was easily repaired (although expensive. thank GOD for insurance) and returned to better than pre-loss conditions if you ask me. The specialty car that is a Lexus requires that most all of the parts on this machine be replaced by the manufacturer. You can't get parts to match a Lexus anywhere else. The only thing that is interchangeable is the car battery. Ha! This means, that I have close to brand new parts on half of my car. That was not worth the collision, but it helps me to sleep a little better at night knowing that I didn't get second rate parts to restore my car. They aren't even an option for a Lexus. My car runs extremely well, no weird sounds rattling or any of that. It runs smoothly on even the most interesting of roads. It's not really an off road car, but it can far well if you run into some dead end piece of nowhere and need to make a few turnabouts. While this car does not suck up money on silly repairs due to poor quality, upkeep of this car is costly! Especially if you are working with a Lexus servicing center. Their 100,000 miles service? $900. But the service is unmatched. The servicing includes replacement of all filters and spark plugs and all sorts of things not done for a 100,000 service at a standard shop. So, for the high mileage repairs like 100,000, 130,000, and 160,000 i will take it right to the dealer. It's worth the extra money. If you service your car regularly, you won't need to ever lift a finger to repair some unforeseen issue. I have never had the car breakdown, or anything like that. That was due strictly to the servicing. both my local shop and the lexus service center are invaluable to this investment. If you get this car, which I don't think they even offer this anymore, PLEASE don't get the light grey exterior. I have had a TIME with it!! I have light grey leather and carpeting. It looks LOVELY when clean. But it gets much more difficult to clean over time, and you have to clean it regularly to keep it from getting more difficult to clean, usually professionally so you don't mess up the leather, which is pricy!! So i do my own vacuuming and then take it in for a serious in/out detail one a year. Totally worth it! But I wish to GOD I had taken the 2005 model that cost 5000 more with the black interior. It doesn't look as 'dirty' as this light grey does, after many years. In all this is a lovely car. I don't recommend buying a new one off the lots because it's definitely not worth paying the several extra thousand when you can get a year or two older model for much less, which will last you just as long. Toyota makes quality luxury vehicles, that also can be functional and comfortable. It's one of things I love about my car. To me, it is more comfy than it is stylish and that is saying a lot, since the car is very stylish. :-)"

10 years old and still a prtety good vehicle.

By on Friday, November 08, 2013

Pros: "Comfort; quiet inside; fit and finish; solid feel."

Cons: "Brakes"

"Baught in 2003, first year for the model. Had some minor issues with the brakes when I first bought it. Lexus fixed them to a degree but as it is getting older, the issues seem to be coming back. At freeway speeds, if you have to slow down, the brakes feel as though they are going slightly into anti-lock when they shouldn't be. Other than that, the car felt very solid. No rattles or squeeks. It's not a muscle car but if you have to hurry to enter into fast moving traffic, it will gain speed easily. In all, it's a great car. I'll probably trade it in on another one just like it."

I love my Lexus!

By on Friday, November 01, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable and fun to drive."

Cons: "no mp3 player"

"I love this car. Bought it used at 89,000. Owned it now for 2 years and I've only done oil changes, new tires, a transmission flush and wheel alignment - all regular maintenance stuff. The heated seats, dual air, navigation, blue tooth, and leather seats - what's not to like. The only bad thing is there is no mp3 player, but it does have a 5-disc player. I get compliments on the car a lot and it's now 6 years old. It is still a beauty and I'm still in love with it."

2nd RX I have owned, great cars

By on Thursday, October 17, 2013

Pros: "looks good, rides great, makes me feel special"

Cons: "price, I have to purchase used"

"Lexus is the best car to own"

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE MY LEXUS

By on Saturday, October 12, 2013

Cons: "The auto climate temp fluctuates a little too much"

"It's a little quirky but awesome once you get used to it. Outstanding road car. The ride is so smooth you don't feel worn out on long trips. Gas mileage: In-town 25-27 mpg (with AC). Highway 29-30 (Summer with AC). Road noise is a little more than one would expect from a luxury car but not horrible (newer models are much quieter). Knowing you are helping the environment is a great feeling."