2006 Lexus RX

Based on 524 Ratings for the 2004 - 2008 models.

Beautiful Vehicle

By on Thursday, August 20, 2009

"I bought this vehicle and had it for two months, I have had so many problems with 53K miles on it. And Lexus service said that's when things start to go bad at 50K miles. I was confused because I didn't know 53K miles was a lot and I didn't buy a Kia I bought a Lexus I would think the quality would be exceptional. It is a Toyota and they are great. Plus, I bought the Lexus Platinum Warranty which is horrible. They charge you for diagnostics! I thought with a high end warranty that stuff would be covered, I didn't realize labor wasn't covered! I am very unhappy with all of the problems that I had. The service I brought it to was the worst. I got charged $250.00 for a twig in the moon roof causing a leak inside my car and to tighten two screws on my mirror! I have been in a loaner for two days with no phone calls from the service department. No updates on my car nothing! For anybody that does buy a Lexus, no where does it state not to use homemade CD's, but I have 4 stuck inside and they told me that you can't use them, and I explained then it should state so in the paperwork! I am in the process of buying a 2007 RX 350 with 32K miles, I hope I have better luck. I love the look and drive of the vehicle, maybe the first person beat it up, I don't know. Oh and the accerlation on the 2004 model is HORRIBLE. I fear pulling out infront of cars because I know my car isn't going to speed up quickly. I know it is a SUV, but I never had that problem with my Acura MDX which I may add is the best most reliable SUV I have ever driven. I just wanted to try the Lexus, because I liked the look. Expensive car with not much options! My Acura had Nav, DVD, third row, and much more! I hope my new 2007 Lexus works out better, because the amount of money I have put in for my two month old car is unreal. ($1600.00 for a new headlight, just to give you an idea!)"

great car!

By on Friday, January 10, 2014

Pros: "great for costco runs! great for roadtrips!"

Cons: "can't think of one"

"I bought mine in 2007 from the dealer with 44k. I do a lot of driving for work so I spend a good part of my work day in it. Very comfortable. The driver's seat could be a little more supportive for long legged folks. Its the right size SUV for me. Not too small or too large. The V6 is very smooth and quiet. The suspension is just the right balance between firm and soft. The car has a very substantial feeling to it.It feels very safe and secure. The ride height is great, it keeps other cars from blinding you with their headlights. The windows are large which I like. Great center console. It has plenty of room for all my stuff. On long trips it can't be beat. I haven't had to make too many repairs, just routine maintenance. The front brake rotors had to be resurfaced and I replaced the driver side window controller. The check engine light is on due to the catalytic converter that needs to be replaced but it doesn't effect driveability. That's it. I get about 22 mpg mixed as long as I take it easy on the gas pedal. Lexus sent me a letter saying they will replace the headlight lenses in the future if needed for free which is good because mine got cloudy about 150k miles ago. To me its been an economy car because its lasted so long with no problems or annoyances. It should easily go another 100k miles."

Past 311,000 and still going strong.

By on Tuesday, April 09, 2013

Pros: "reliable, practical"

Cons: "not a race car"

"We have rolled over 311,000 miles and it just continues to work. We have had very few problems with it and have spent very little money on it aside from maintenance. The seats are less comfortable that they used to be and we hear more road noise, but we can live with that at this point."

best vehicle ever! I couldn't ask for more.

By on Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Pros: "Great to drive, safe, great visibillity, reliable,"

"Cant' imagine a better car. Love the drive, comfort, luxury, safety, back seats, just everything. A real pleasure. I think I could drive it for 30 years."

good car but not for me

By on Friday, December 07, 2007

"It's good car but not for me. Seat is not comfortable at all (6ft tall) too small seat and gave me backpain even had lumber support. Useless armrest. Not good air filter for cabin. Dealership experience was super. I would only recomend this car for the driver who would enjoy smoth driving, superior customer service, clean dealership and smaller height person."