2005 Lexus RX

Based on 550 Ratings for the 2004 - 2009 models.

This car drives so smoothly

By on Monday, October 29, 2012

Pros: "Smooth drive, beautiful, great features"

Cons: "I wish the gas mileage was a little better"

"I bought this car because I wanted something a little bigger than my VW Passat that had been wrecked, yet something with good gas mileage. I had a really hard time finding something that was classy, economic, large and a little prestigious looking. I think I looked at every foreign made SUVs and a couple of domestic made SUVs as well. I finally found this one, that was beautiful and I as soon as I drove it, I knew I wanted it. It was preowned, which was okay, but it was a great deal. I bought it and have LOVED it. My friends love to drive it too. I broke my tailbone and my friends have had to drive if we go anywhere. I always offer my car, and they jump at the chance to drive it!! Many people have tried to trade their car for mine! My ONLY complaint is that the gas mileage is not as great as one might think for a hybrid, but I know that the newer ones do get better mpg. Great car, I highly recommend it."

Best car I've owned

By on Sunday, April 1, 2012

Cons: "Side rear view mirrors not powered to lay flat"

"Easy to drive. good power and response. Very reliable."

Best car we've ever owned!

By on Thursday, January 26, 2012

Pros: "Fun and easy to drive in all environments."

Cons: "I have only one."

"After owning many different vehicles, this is by far the best value! Incredibly dependable, easy to drive in crowded city maneuvering as well as stable cross-country traveler. We have two grown children that happily travel long distance in the back seat. When we need to transport guests, we don't hesitate to take the RX! Known for tight seal against road noise, Lexus expertly designed the windows and sunroof to keep out road and wind noise even at highway speed! In fact, we had a brief wind-noise complaint and Lexus kept the car until they brought it back into perfect adjustment. If you drive another car, you will need to grow accustomed to the tomb-like quiet driving experience or you'll easily being traveling down the road at 80mph and not realize it. Very strong power off the line with respectable gas mileage. Also great for hauling groceries and luggage. A real joy to drive!!!"

I love my Lexus!

By on Friday, November 18, 2011

Pros: "Holds its value"

"I bought this car used from my boss, and I love it! I have traveled over the mountains in eastern Kentucky in blinding snowstorms when other vehicles were stuck, and never stopped moving! It is quiet, comfortable, affordable, and holds its' value well! The interior is spacious, design is practical, and I have refused to trade it for a Cadillac Escalade!"

Needs improvement for price

By on Tuesday, June 15, 2010

"I've had this car 5 years. The paint on the door handles faded after 2 yrs, now the side mirrors clear coat is peeling off. The headlight plastic covers started getting foggy after 3 yrs. The ride in the front is nice, but once I rode in the back seat and realized what an awful ride my passengers had, like riding in a truck, you feel every bump in the road. It felt like worn out shock absorbers were on the car. Lexus needs to improve on the 05 and hopefully has. I baby this car and it is otherwise in great condition. There is no reason Lexus could not fix the above issues for the price they charge for the car and hopefully they did on later models. Also when I have to punch the gas to excellerate their is a odd smell in the cabin, like when you are behind someone who just excellerated and you get that gas smell. I have asked them to check in on several occassions and they say they don't smell anything, but me and my passengers do! I roll down the windows for a few seconds to clear the cabin."

You can't do better for a comfortable SUV

By on Tuesday, March 9, 2010

"I have now owned the vehicle for 3+ years and have driven it 71,459 miles in all kinds of weather and road conditions. How does it operate in the snow and mud... Great. How does it operate in 4 wheel drive on gravel roads... Great. I am a Civil Engineer and wanted some driving comfort but my practice takes into the boondocks lots of times. I have never had my Lexus get stuck or had to be towed out of the ditch. Control is excellent and the V6 has enough power on the road to get you a speeding ticket."

My dream vehicle

By on Monday, November 23, 2009

"I have tried other luxury vehicles, none match the performance and dependability of a Lexus."

Nice car I expect to last forever

By on Saturday, October 24, 2009

"I bought this car used off a 3-yr lease. It's stylish and classy and very comfortable. Even the back seats give plenty of room for long hauls. You can just feel that it's going to last forever. That said, this is not the X3 and happily so. The RX provides a luxurious ride - not a sports feel."

Awesome Luxury

By on Monday, August 17, 2009

"This is such a wonderful ride, you'd think you were in one of the comfy Lexus sedans instead of the SUV. I wanted to keep my SUV height, but without the gas-guzzling engine my old SUV had. The hybrid was the only answer. And this hybrid has as good or better pickup than my old non-hybrid SUV. (That was a priority, or I wouldn't have bought it...in DC traffic, you need to be able to move quickly, or you'll never get anyplace!) Bottom line, you have a nice looking luxury ride, and you get to feel good that you're helping the environment a little, too."

By on Thursday, May 21, 2009

"This is one of the most comfortable well performing cars I have ever owned. The mileage on the open road exceeds 24 miles per gallon...stop and go traffic is around 15."

good vehicle

By on Friday, May 1, 2009

"I have owened my 2007 400h about 2 years. For the previous 20+ years, I owed Chevy Blazers. Overall, I must say that the Lexus does not have much on the Blazer. The Lexus is a more attractive vehicle, but for handling heavy snow weather, I prefer the Blazer. My family is tall. Unfortunately, neither the Blazer nor the Lexus has much backseat room for tall people, especially when the driver is tall as well and needs the seat pushed back. Thus far, the reliability of the Lexus has been excellent with mileage about 24-26 mpg."

lexus

By on Tuesday, April 28, 2009

"youll never regret to have one of this car."

Luxury... at a price

By on Thursday, October 30, 2008

"I've owned the RX400h for 2 1/2 years now. It replaced a Grand Cherokee. Not as much room but the vehicle is in a separate class. The continuously variable transmission delivers power at any speed but not quite as quick as the Jeep. The gas engine cutting out at stops takes getting used to but that saves gas. Service is always exceptional - although not free as was the case with my Audi (and BMW) - a 'simple' service will set you back $150. PRO's: great styling; exceptional fit and finish; reliability (its a Lexus!); great re-sale value; hybrid engine is powerful and smooth; lets me drive in our State's HOV lane! CON's: don't expect better than 28 mpg overall; chews through tires - 2 sets in 40,000 miles and I don't drive it like Mario Andretti..."

By on Thursday, August 21, 2008

"WITH EXTRA EXPENCE OF HYBREAD, MILAGE COULD BE BETTER. AT 25k CAR HAS NEVER BEEN BACK FOR SERVICE EXCEPT OIL CHANGES. TIRES WORE OUT AT 15k, DEALER SPLIT COST OF NEW TIRES AND ALIGHMENT. OVERALL VERY SATISFIED!"

RX400

By on Tuesday, June 24, 2008

"We have so far driven the 2006 RX400h 44,000 miles. we have had 100% reliability and no maintenance problems. We live 20 miles out of town and normally achieve 30 mpg on regular gas on a 350 mile tank of gas. if you push it on the highway, mileage drops to 25 mpg. It still has its original tires, hope to get 16,000 miles out of the Michelin;s. It is comfortable to drive, I have driven 900+ miles in one day and not been exhausted."

not a real hybrid

By on Monday, January 28, 2008

"real life gas mileage is 22.5 mpg"

Love this car!

By on Monday, December 17, 2007

"This is my 2nd RX. The first saved my life and was totaled so I got a new one!"

Great Vehicle

By on Monday, October 15, 2007

"The RX330 is just the right size for running around town as well as traveling long distances. Very comfortable ride, great Toyota quality."

amazing

By on Wednesday, October 10, 2007

"this is the most comfortable car. it is very luxurious and smooth to drive!"

Over 50,000 Miles - I Still Love This Car

By on Monday, October 1, 2007

"I drive with cruise control as often as possible and this has helped with MPG. Hills plunge the MPG lower. But, I still love this car. Comfort and performance is much better than RX330 and IS250. Accident avoidance manuvers are top notch. Next year the big decision will be to trade in my lease for a redesigned 2009 model or buy my existing car. A friend has a Lexus with 200,000 miles and it's still going strong and fast! (Only wish is that the hybrid technology wasn't so expensive and it came on more vehicles.)"

great car

By on Monday, October 1, 2007

"great ride very comfortable gas mileage not the best"

Incredible reliable car.

By on Monday, September 17, 2007

"In the past I have leased a total of eight different cars. This is the only one that I am buying when the lease is over. The workmanship the attention to details, and the confidence I have knowing that I am driving one of the best and safest cars built is the reason."

Still Loving It!

By on Saturday, September 8, 2007

"This is total luxury, performance & reliability. This is the best vehicle we have ever owned. We are still enjoying and love this car!!! It has gotten up to 27mph on our long trips. About 15-18mph around town. It handles and rides smoothly. It's very quiet, very comfortable, especially for extended driving! We recommend this vehicle to numerous people. Have done about 71,000 miles in the last 3 years. Excellent reliability. Transmission and fuel economy is great. Get yours now!"

By on Monday, September 3, 2007

"MY SECOND ONE, HAS MANY CREATURE COMFORTS, CAR LIKE DRIVE WITH SUV'S VISIBILITY. I WISH IT WAS A LITTLE MORE POWERFUL IN CERTAIN INSTANCES. VERY COMFORTABLE, SPACIOUS, RELATIVELY GOOD ON GAS AND NEVER HAS CAUSED ME A MOMENTS TROUBLE"

Great car---no issues

By on Thursday, January 30, 2014

"A very competent and trouble free vehicle."