2005 Lexus RX

Based on 533 Ratings for the 2004 - 2008 models.

Love this car!

By on Monday, February 23, 2015

Pros: "Everything."

Cons: "Cost of routine maintenance is high-ish."

"This car is the best car I've ever had and I've had quite a few. It is superior in comfort, reliability and longevity and every other way. Can be serviced at your local Toyota dealership if you find the Lexus dealership too much. It's true that maintenance is more costly than other cars, but the ride and safety in snow and ice make it worth every cent. However, with a good record, insurance is very low cost."

Too many repairs

By on Sunday, October 30, 2011

Pros: "Very comfortable"

Cons: "Had quite a few repairs"

"Had to replace front bearings, malfunctioning air bags, and lost track of small repairs. Not a great vehicle to drive in the rain, sleet etc."

Most Comfortable Vehicle Ever

By on Monday, August 24, 2009

"Great vehicle! Gas mileage just keeps getting better; engine is so quiet you may think it is not running. The vehicle is very easy to enter and egress which would be advantageous for someone with pain in the neck or back. Every occupant has a very comfortable space, plenty of charger outlets, cup holders and storage pockets. The price is a little steep but definitely worth splurging if it fits your budget. I have never been able to ride in the back seat of a vehicle without becoming carsick. However, I rode for 7 hours in the back and never once felt queasy. Sliding console works great for women; my purse fits easily into the space in front of the console. The only drawback is the navigation system does not come with updates. In order to update you must pay about $400 and in a few months you may need another update. Oil changes are recommended at unusual mileage points and allowing dealership to change the oil continues to increase in cost as the maintenance/checkpoints are reached. Last oil change was almost $300 and I did not feel anything special about the customer service or quality of service/parts. I may not continue with the dealership maintenance schedule since the places I use for my other vehicles is about 80% less expensive. Also found unusual that another vehicle I purchased for a work vehicle had free XM Radio trial with purchase (for 6 months). I paid almost 3 times the amount and I have to subscribe and pay the monthly fee. Overall, very satisfied and will hold on to for a while."

My Wife loves her Lexus and Never had any issues!

By on Tuesday, December 11, 2007

"Owned BMW, M-Benz and other luxury vehicles. This Lexus is the only High-line vehicle that has not given us any problems."

Lexus Excels Again

By on Tuesday, March 04, 2008

"This is my second Lexus. I traded my 2004 RX330 for the 2007 400h. The interior is well finished with all of the materials fitting perfectly, very quiet, comfortable and a joy to drive. The engine and CVT perform flawlessly and seamless. You hardly notice the shift from gas to the electric motor. The price difference which really is not that much for a hybrid is worth it no matter what any consumer magazines tell you. Although most of my driving is on the highway, I am still getting 27.5 MPG overall. I am a Lexus owner for life."