2005 Lexus RX

Based on 484 Ratings for the 2004 - 2008 models.

Buying Another

By on Wednesday, April 30, 2014

"My wife and I bought our 2004 RX330 at 85000 miles. Simply put, we love it. People are shocked when I tell them that the vehicle is 10 years old. It drives smoothly and feels safe on the road. I love that this is one of the few luxury SUV s that does not take premium gas. That obviously saves quite a bit on the fuel costs. If I HAD to find something wrong with it, I would say that the trunk space is poorly designed. Additionally, the vehicle also needs a back-up camera, as it truly is difficult to see vehicles behind you as you parallel park or back up in general. That is an easy fix and we plan on installing a back-up cam ourselves. We love this vehicle so much that my wife wants one for herself and has tasked me to find her one ASAP."

Unreliable - Computer problems

By on Tuesday, April 08, 2014

Cons: "Very unreliable"

"Purchased this 2004 RX 330 and loved it until the battery started going dead soon after I got it. Went through 6 batteries with one auto store. Was referred to another and purchased a name brand battery. 1 yr later went back with what was thought to be a bad battery and he replaced it. Next time I went in with battery trouble he referred me to Lexus dealership. Took it there and explained trouble I was having. They checked battery and said it was ok. I ask them what was causing it to go dead at random times. Said he didn't know and gave me 800 # to call. Told me to bring it back once a month and have Lexus check it. It only does it randomly. I only live 100 miles away so this was not an option as I explained to them. I also know of another person with same car and is having same problem. Mechanics say something in the computerized system is pulling battery down on this make car. If you google this car, many others have had same problem. They can get no help from Lexus dealerships either. Stated they just keep jumper cables in their car. For the price of this car I certainly would expect issues like this to be looked into. The dealership should stand behind it until they find a solution."

Best I've Ever Owned!

By on Wednesday, April 02, 2014

Pros: "Great ride, great features, terrific visibility"

Cons: "Mileage not as advertised for this hybrid"

"I love to drive, and had always had sports car before acquiring a very large dog that forced me into an SUV. As a height-challenged female (5'0"), I needed a car that "fit" me, and I opted for luxurious features as well. This car is comfortable, reliable, rides well, is quiet, and I love the heated seat and lumbar support. My visibility is fantastic, and the rear camera is now a "must have." It's easy for me to enter/exit. The mileage isn't as great as promised for this hybrid (I get between 21 and 23 mpg). I'm now spoiled by all the power features and voice commands. The engineering on this car is superb, and I'll likely be driving it for many years to come!"

2008 Lexus Rx 350 very Low miles 46000 Nav Loaded

By on Monday, March 31, 2014

Pros: "Very Low Miles 46000"

"2008 Lexus Rx 350 Extremely Low Miles 44600, Champagne in Color, changes in sunlight, Premium Package, Leather Seats, Navigation, and Very clean. Six Disc CD, XM Radio, AM FM, Hands Free Blue Tooth Cell phone, Premium wheels, every option available."

This has been a perfect car.

By on Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Pros: "Low mileage, well cared for and lives in a garage."

Cons: "No negatives about this car."

"This is a Thunder Cloud Edition. There were only 6,500 made so it is somewhat rare. It is Thunder Cloud grey metallic. Michelin Energy tires 5,000 miles ago. Air conditioning repair one time. It has been well maintained and has lived in a garage it's whole life."

See if you qualify for