2005 Lexus RX

Based on 533 Ratings for the 2004 - 2008 models.

good car but not for me

By on Friday, December 07, 2007

"It's good car but not for me. Seat is not comfortable at all (6ft tall) too small seat and gave me backpain even had lumber support. Useless armrest. Not good air filter for cabin. Dealership experience was super. I would only recomend this car for the driver who would enjoy smoth driving, superior customer service, clean dealership and smaller height person."

Reliable & Stylish

By on Saturday, August 11, 2007

"This is, by far, my wife's favorite vehicle. We have owned 4 of them now and can't imagine getting anything else. I have driven the Acura MDX and BMW X5 - Still prefer the lexus. All the bells and whistles you would expect from a luxury automobile and cheaper too! Acura has too much plastic and fake wood - BMW drives like a sports car w/ stiff steering etc. Buy the Lexus...you won't regret it."

Greatest car I have ever had!

By on Friday, October 16, 2009

"This is my 3rd Lexus SUV and it is the best! I love Lexus quality and service in general. This vehicle is amazingly comfortable and quiet. I spend a lot of time each day (1.5-3 hours) just driving around children and their backpacks and sporting equipment--doing it in such a comfortable and "quiet" environment makes the hours in the car palatable. The only thing I am not pleased with is the navigation system. It is absolutely NOT worth the money! The system it is using for mapping is antiquated. I live in a development over 10 years old and it cannot efficiently navigate me through my own neighborhood. And I have had several bad experiences letting it take me to a destination I was unfamiliar with. I have friends who own this car and say the same thing about the navigation system. It is a joke. I complain about it every time I go to the dealer and their response is "Yeah, everybody says that." Why don't they do something about it? So, in the end, the car is phenomenal and worth every penny, but the navigation system should either be free or they should pay the buyer to take it because of all the frustration the buyer will need to endure if they use it."

Drives good better than most SUV's.

By on Sunday, November 24, 2013

Pros: "Very good vehicle for any kind of weather"

Cons: "The steering racks all RX's seals go easy."

"I recommend this car to any one specially families up to 3 kids it is comfortable nice ride I drive it to florida, Boston , Philadelphia , New Jersey, up state New York , Atlanta etc. no problems still looks new rides like new . I have it since new so it's well kept . The only problem that upset me is that lexus knows that all this steering racks are poor in quality and they haven't done anything about this we the owners have to suffer with this $1400.00 expense. Other than that great cars."

the tame sports car with guts

By on Thursday, February 19, 2009

"I'm on my second RX and about to get the third. this car got me thru the mountains of PA in white out conditions twice. The true mettle of a car is how does it perform when you aren't able to. There were hours on end with 18 wheelers blowing sand and salt in our faces, but this car never flinched. While the ride may not seem floaty, on long trios I can get out and walk and not be doubled over. Road feel is just about perfect giving just enough information to the driver, but not enough to be uncomfortable. Road feel will vary depending on conditions. Haven't figured out how they do that, but they do. Definitely on my way to my third. As for responsive service depts, one can't get better. I actually like going in for check ups."

Love this car!

By on Monday, February 23, 2015

Pros: "Everything."

Cons: "Cost of routine maintenance is high-ish."

"This car is the best car I've ever had and I've had quite a few. It is superior in comfort, reliability and longevity and every other way. Can be serviced at your local Toyota dealership if you find the Lexus dealership too much. It's true that maintenance is more costly than other cars, but the ride and safety in snow and ice make it worth every cent. However, with a good record, insurance is very low cost."

Too many repairs

By on Sunday, October 30, 2011

Pros: "Very comfortable"

Cons: "Had quite a few repairs"

"Had to replace front bearings, malfunctioning air bags, and lost track of small repairs. Not a great vehicle to drive in the rain, sleet etc."

Most Comfortable Vehicle Ever

By on Monday, August 24, 2009

"Great vehicle! Gas mileage just keeps getting better; engine is so quiet you may think it is not running. The vehicle is very easy to enter and egress which would be advantageous for someone with pain in the neck or back. Every occupant has a very comfortable space, plenty of charger outlets, cup holders and storage pockets. The price is a little steep but definitely worth splurging if it fits your budget. I have never been able to ride in the back seat of a vehicle without becoming carsick. However, I rode for 7 hours in the back and never once felt queasy. Sliding console works great for women; my purse fits easily into the space in front of the console. The only drawback is the navigation system does not come with updates. In order to update you must pay about $400 and in a few months you may need another update. Oil changes are recommended at unusual mileage points and allowing dealership to change the oil continues to increase in cost as the maintenance/checkpoints are reached. Last oil change was almost $300 and I did not feel anything special about the customer service or quality of service/parts. I may not continue with the dealership maintenance schedule since the places I use for my other vehicles is about 80% less expensive. Also found unusual that another vehicle I purchased for a work vehicle had free XM Radio trial with purchase (for 6 months). I paid almost 3 times the amount and I have to subscribe and pay the monthly fee. Overall, very satisfied and will hold on to for a while."

My Wife loves her Lexus and Never had any issues!

By on Tuesday, December 11, 2007

"Owned BMW, M-Benz and other luxury vehicles. This Lexus is the only High-line vehicle that has not given us any problems."

Lexus Excels Again

By on Tuesday, March 04, 2008

"This is my second Lexus. I traded my 2004 RX330 for the 2007 400h. The interior is well finished with all of the materials fitting perfectly, very quiet, comfortable and a joy to drive. The engine and CVT perform flawlessly and seamless. You hardly notice the shift from gas to the electric motor. The price difference which really is not that much for a hybrid is worth it no matter what any consumer magazines tell you. Although most of my driving is on the highway, I am still getting 27.5 MPG overall. I am a Lexus owner for life."

Good quality SUV

By on Saturday, November 12, 2011

Pros: "Smooth ride"

Cons: "All 4 doors don't unlock when you turn car off"

"I bought my rx400 in August of 09 with 30,000 miles on it. I currently has 88,000 on it now so this car gets plenty of time on the road. My favorite feature is how quite the ride is and comfortable the seats are. In my 2 plus years with this SUV I have averaged 26-27 MPG which is excellent for a mid size SUV. With back seats folded down the rx holds a lot of stuff. I use mine for work and it amazes me how much stuff I can fit back there. I've only had one major problem and that was with the hybrid system converting back to the gas system. It took Lexus a week to fix and it would have cost me $8500 if it wasn't covered under warranty. Glad it was. Other than normal maintaince this SUV has been easy to service and not to expensive. I am overall very happy with my rx400."

A quality used SUV Pick

By on Friday, April 17, 2009

"My wife and I was searching for a new SUV, we looked at the 2009 Murano, Tribeca and Acura RDX - all with the luxuary packages. The average cost of each new was over $33,000 dollars. The RDX was too small, the Murano SL has visibility issues, not a true push button start and no ipod adapter. The Tribeca was a little noisy, but adequate with average looks at best. After all the frustration, we saw a used 2006 Lexus 330. After the test drive, it was love at first site. All the luxury features and size at $28K cost with only 29k miles. This SUV was superior to the brand new vehicles we looked at and you get the quality of a Lexus product and warranty - couldn't beat the deal. No ipod adapter, but we use the cassette adapter for idop and it works great. Go quality used, new SUV prices in this catagory are too high and the Lexus has features neither of the new SUVs we tested have: Adaptive head lights and knee airbag for the driver."

great value

By on Wednesday, October 31, 2007

"I know it may sound strange to say that a Lexus is a great value, but this car really is. My husband and I shopped around almost 8 months before deciding on the RX- we looked at Nissan, Acura, VW, Subaru and BMW. We wanted to find a great car that was also a great value and the RX was clearly it. It was the most comfortable and has the best rating and best of all it was more affordable than BMW, Acura, VW and Nissan. It was only higher priced than the Subaru but for the difference in comfort it was well worth the difference in cost. As you can tell I'm in love!"

I love this car

By on Sunday, September 02, 2007

"A very comfortable, reliable car, with all (or at least most) of the bells and whistles. It gives me a feeling of security, Seating configurations are great. I am short yet I can sit well over the wheel, giving me a feeling of control. GPS is wonderful; I use it constantly. We've never had any mechanical problems. Right now it has a few scratches which need some body work. Have had the car almost 4 years and everything works as well as when new. The cargo space is not as large as some SUVs, so dont get this if you have a lot of "stuff" to carry around. My husband complains about the gas mileage, not great. My day to day driving around town gets me only about 14 mpg. But on long drives it gets as much as 25 mpg. The performance is good, not as "peppy" as our small BMW but it is solid and easy to drive. I love it and would always own one if money were not a consideration."

By on Thursday, August 09, 2007

"I've been a bit disappointed with the in cabin squeaks and jiggling noises. The brakes also tend to really grab if there's any moisture on the road at all. For the amount I paid for this vehicle, I would expect these to be non-issues."

I love this car!

By on Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Pros: "Style, reliability, value and smooth ride"

Cons: "Design of cockpit, floor mats"

"I like to keep my cars until the wheels fall off! I hesitated to buy (new) because of the price but in the long run, I came out ahead. Love the tightness, smooth ride, gas mileage and reliability. I got the first year body style and it still lookes fresh, still get compliments. I pulled a boat across country with no trouble. I haul dogs, stuff from Home Depot by day and take it out on the town at night! All I've done with it is change oil, tires and scheduled maintenance. The only things I'd change are the front passenger floor mats (not secure, bunch-up), the front dash is a little confusing (wipers, knobs, dials, settings require a degree from MIT, or am I just stupid?), and the arrangement of the cockpit could have been more efficient."

Still In Love

By on Thursday, December 13, 2012

"I did allot of driving with my last job so I put a ton of miles on this car the last 2 years. I keep itching for a new car but I can't bring myself to get rid of mine. My RX is black and it still looks new. It's got some wear and tear on the inside which is why I sometimes consider trading it in but it's such a great car I just don't. I have not had any engine problems, no air issues, and the service you get at the lexus dealerships are second to none. As much as I would love a brand new Lexus I just cant part with mine. I would highly recommend the RX350.."

unbelievable vehicle - amazing

By on Monday, December 10, 2012

Pros: "reliable comfortable safe feeling drive"

Cons: "larger front cup holder, could be quieter maybe"

"extremely well equipped, reliable, comfortable and the "gadgets" work - 3rd Lexus - 1st one (SC) was a rocket on wheels and lasted for over 300,000 miles, simply got old - next was 2001 RX - got tired of it @ about 200,000 miles - this one (RX 350) has been simply elegant (not to mention just about every feature known to man... :) absolutely couldn't be happier... best features - Great GPS/info center, like the backup camera, power rear door lift/close, great "Bluetooth" interface, comfortable seats, (with memory) very ergonomic layout...("things" (buttons, option placement and operation are where they should be) dual zone heating/cooling, and of all things, I just love the way the rear view mirrors work on Lexus' at night. Oh, might as well add the rain sensing wipers - some mentioned they don't like the way it works, we do...It works perfectly as far as I can tell. I could go on, "lights move" as you turn L and R, headlight washers, etc. We "likely" will never even consider ANY other vehicle manufacturer."

Numerous problems

By on Saturday, May 15, 2010

"I purchased this vehicle new and I have had ongoing problems -seal broke on both front head lights had to replace both front headlights- motor in drivers seat had to be replaced- VSC warning light flashing- engine will not start replaced battery- numerous engine no starts even after battery replaced- lengthy repair visits- I was told the reason it won't start is because I don't drive the vehicle enough and I need a trickle down battery- I have never had problems like this before only with this Lexus- in the past 4 years this vehicle has been in for repairs over 12 times about 45 days total. One final comment is the severe blind spot on the rear passenger side csnnot see vehicles to the right and the oversized mirrors on both sides block view of pedesterans crossing street."

Great Value in Luxury

By on Thursday, March 11, 2010

"We have been very pleased with our 2005 RX330 AWD. 20-22mpg, only surprise was cost to get oil change at dealer ($55-$70). Replaced Michelin's at $900 (whew!) - great handling and ride. Never a problem."

Great vehicle!

By on Tuesday, December 29, 2009

"I would have rated this vehicle all 5s except for two areas: 1) The navigation system is far too complicated. I use a free app on my iPhone to map routes, and 2) the seats are less comfortable than my husband's Toyota Tacoma's seats. It would have been nice to put a little more money in the comfort of the seats and a little less engineering (too many screens) in the Navi system."

Runs great Feels great

By on Sunday, December 13, 2009

"This is my 3rd Rx. I've had a Rx300, Rx330 and my 2007 Rx350. The improvements are always top notch and intuitive. The ride, service and Lexus experience is well worth it. The car always does what you ask of it. You can hardly hear it run at idle. The seats are very comfortable. You can drive for hours on end and never have a back ache. The service is pricey but they always get it right and treat you like #1.Try asking your local Ford dealer to return your vehicle washed and for a courtesy loaner? You get what you pay for and the Lexus is well worth it. I've had many auto's over the years but this is a great vehicle. Go and buy one."

By on Sunday, October 25, 2009

"I have owned my 2004 RX330 since January, 2004. Traded in an Infiniti, which drove like a truck. The RX is so comfortable, I love the large side-view mirrors. Have driven to North Carolina quite a number of times, and it handles beautifully and quietly. I am definitely treating myself to a 2010 RX, though I am not enamored of the new colors. I was told to forget the Navigation."

Quiet Luxury

By on Saturday, May 23, 2009

"The quietest, most comfortable car I have ever driven. The Mark Levinson audio system is fantastic. Smooth, responsive handling. Luxurious interior styling with super-convenient storage. Best of all, we get terrific gas mileage for an SUV (about 27 mpg for a combination of city and freeway driving)."

GREAT EXCEPT THE TRANSMISSION

By on Friday, May 22, 2009

"A DEFECTIVE DESIGN FEATURE CAUSING UNSAFE TRANSMISSION SHIFTING AT LOW SPEEDS AND LEXUS FAILURE TO ACKNOWLDGE OR FIX IT SPOILS AN OTHERWISE GREAT CAR."