2004 Lexus RX

Based on 550 Ratings for the 2004 - 2009 models.

Nice SUV

By on Wednesday, September 19, 2007

"I have owned a 2007 for 13 months and overall, am satisfied with it. It has plenty of power and is for the most part comfortable. I would ask that Lexus do a better job making the drivers and passenger seating more accomodating for larger or taller people. The build quality is very good overall especially inside. Exterior and drive side, I don't see alot of difference between this and a nice Toyota however. The brakes occassionally feel 'weak' and seem to lock up easily in wet weather. It has good cargo room for a luxury SUV and can handle my Home Depot runs for the most part. If you keep your foot out of it...the gas mileage can be quite good. It has excellent visibility and interior refinements. The engine is good with the transmission being the 'weak' link as it whines occassionally and does not like to shift at lower speeds."

Best Value for Money

By on Thursday, August 9, 2007

"This car is great. I hasn't had any mechenical defects at all and the car has 15,000 miles on it."

Great car

By on Saturday, August 4, 2007

"I owned a 1999 RX300 and I wrecked it last August when I bought the RX330. It is a great car and Lexus provides excellent value and service. I highly recommend the car to anyone."

Greatest vehicle Ever....

By on Sunday, April 19, 2015

"First Rx 300 295,000 miles 2009 has 260,000 and running stronger than ever...."

Best vehicle I have ever owned and driven.

By on Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Pros: "Comfort, styling, efficiency, overall value."

Cons: "Better fuel economy would be desirable."

"Extremely reliable and practical vehicle for both commuting and travel. Lowest maintenance cost over 10 years of several I have previously owned and driven. Exceptional value-for-money, regardless of kilometers."

Best vehicle ever vs several decades of Mercedes.

By on Monday, March 10, 2014

Pros: "After 94,000 driving is fun and you feel secure."

Cons: "Absolutely none"

"After owning five Mercedes sedans including diesel models I became discouraged at the maintenance costs and reliability especially of the more recent diesel models. I purchased a Lexus for the first time and it was like walking from the dark out into the daylight. The RX 330 I bought has had reasonable maintenance costs and has been rock solid in all components of reliability. I view Mercedes vehicles as more stylish and elegant, but Lexus is far more value for the money."

Best birthday purchase

By on Sunday, September 1, 2013

Pros: "Comfort, agility, and safety"

Cons: "Gas"

"I'd been in the market for another SUV for almost a year now. I recently sold a Subaru. My RX 350 is preowned. After two months of ownership, I find that it offers a smooth ride, a great view of the road, and simple ease with maneuvering. I am very happy with this purchase and I cannot see myself going back to any other brand!"

Above Ave Mid Size SUV

By on Thursday, May 23, 2013

Pros: "smooth driver"

Cons: "ignition coil replacement - costly."

"Overall RX350 has been great to drive. known issues (buyer beware) AFS light blinking, Ignition coils failing. Front ones easy to replace yourself. Rear ones will cost you $800 (Do rear {3} all at once. Rear Power Trunk struggles to work in the winter time."

Best SUV on the market PERIOD!

By on Thursday, October 28, 2010

"We purchased our 2007 RX350 in April of 2008 as a demo model that our dealership was using as a loaner car. It is certified pre-owned to 3 years 100K miles. We have about 65,000 miles on it now and have driven it 35,000 miles since we have owned it. We have taken this car everywhere, from trips to Tahoe in the winter, to roadtrips to LA (from SF where we live) 3 - 4 times and we even drove to Salt Lake City (1,000mile+ round trip) for a wedding. I can truly say that this car is worth every penny we paid for it. It is roomy for a family of 4. Plenty of cargo room. Also comes with roof rack standard that is easy to work with. Our's came with the 2009 Navigation CD which has never let us down. However, just the other day I was in a newly developed area of town and did not see it on the map so maybe time for an upgrade. All-in-all this car is the most reliable, gas friendly, practical vehicle for a family with 2 kids. Yes, it will cost a little more than the Blazers or Envoys. But, you have to look at the Total Cost Of Ownership and resale value. We bought this car over 2 1/2 years ago for $33K and aside from normal service costs (oil changes and a 60K service (around $400 at the dealer)) the car has gvien us no issues (knock on wood) and I can sell it today for $28K. Not a bad investment as far as cars go in my book."

2004 Lexus RX-330

By on Friday, July 9, 2010

"We purchased this vehicle in 2003 and it has proved to be osne of the best cars we've ever owned. Suprisingly, this thing will go through 12" of snow and it's tractrion control is awsome even on really slippery surfaces. Quick, quiet, reliable. My wife looks great in it and loves it... Our 4th lexus and although some BMW owners might not like the smoth and quiet environment, it's reliability superceeds the need for speed. If you compare the X-5 dollar dor dollar, meaning tires, brakes, fluid changes, even an extra key the word VALUE jumps out at you. Value can be defined in this SUV... Only problemis after 7 years she's tired of it??? Looking at new one this fall."