2004 Lexus RX

Based on 548 Ratings for the 2004 - 2009 models.

Good quality SUV

By on Saturday, November 12, 2011

Pros: "Smooth ride"

Cons: "All 4 doors don't unlock when you turn car off"

"I bought my rx400 in August of 09 with 30,000 miles on it. I currently has 88,000 on it now so this car gets plenty of time on the road. My favorite feature is how quite the ride is and comfortable the seats are. In my 2 plus years with this SUV I have averaged 26-27 MPG which is excellent for a mid size SUV. With back seats folded down the rx holds a lot of stuff. I use mine for work and it amazes me how much stuff I can fit back there. I've only had one major problem and that was with the hybrid system converting back to the gas system. It took Lexus a week to fix and it would have cost me $8500 if it wasn't covered under warranty. Glad it was. Other than normal maintaince this SUV has been easy to service and not to expensive. I am overall very happy with my rx400."

Lexus Excels Again

By on Tuesday, March 04, 2008

"This is my second Lexus. I traded my 2004 RX330 for the 2007 400h. The interior is well finished with all of the materials fitting perfectly, very quiet, comfortable and a joy to drive. The engine and CVT perform flawlessly and seamless. You hardly notice the shift from gas to the electric motor. The price difference which really is not that much for a hybrid is worth it no matter what any consumer magazines tell you. Although most of my driving is on the highway, I am still getting 27.5 MPG overall. I am a Lexus owner for life."

Numerous problems

By on Saturday, May 15, 2010

"I purchased this vehicle new and I have had ongoing problems -seal broke on both front head lights had to replace both front headlights- motor in drivers seat had to be replaced- VSC warning light flashing- engine will not start replaced battery- numerous engine no starts even after battery replaced- lengthy repair visits- I was told the reason it won't start is because I don't drive the vehicle enough and I need a trickle down battery- I have never had problems like this before only with this Lexus- in the past 4 years this vehicle has been in for repairs over 12 times about 45 days total. One final comment is the severe blind spot on the rear passenger side csnnot see vehicles to the right and the oversized mirrors on both sides block view of pedesterans crossing street."

GREAT EXCEPT THE TRANSMISSION

By on Friday, May 22, 2009

"A DEFECTIVE DESIGN FEATURE CAUSING UNSAFE TRANSMISSION SHIFTING AT LOW SPEEDS AND LEXUS FAILURE TO ACKNOWLDGE OR FIX IT SPOILS AN OTHERWISE GREAT CAR."

A quality used SUV Pick

By on Friday, April 17, 2009

"My wife and I was searching for a new SUV, we looked at the 2009 Murano, Tribeca and Acura RDX - all with the luxuary packages. The average cost of each new was over $33,000 dollars. The RDX was too small, the Murano SL has visibility issues, not a true push button start and no ipod adapter. The Tribeca was a little noisy, but adequate with average looks at best. After all the frustration, we saw a used 2006 Lexus 330. After the test drive, it was love at first site. All the luxury features and size at $28K cost with only 29k miles. This SUV was superior to the brand new vehicles we looked at and you get the quality of a Lexus product and warranty - couldn't beat the deal. No ipod adapter, but we use the cassette adapter for idop and it works great. Go quality used, new SUV prices in this catagory are too high and the Lexus has features neither of the new SUVs we tested have: Adaptive head lights and knee airbag for the driver."