2004 Lexus RX

Based on 533 Ratings for the 2004 - 2008 models.

Simply the Best!!

By on Saturday, August 11, 2007

"I have a 2005 RX w/36000 miles on it and its simply the best vehicle I have ever owned (I'm 55 yrs old)! I live in the north and the RX is great on snow (AWD). I have had zero problems and this is the 3rd year of ownership."

The best

By on Monday, March 10, 2014

Pros: "Excellent quality."

Cons: "Some service is a bit pricey."

"This car is truly special. The hybrid drive is super quiet with great acceleration. It has been serviced by Lexus at every interval. We bought the same model again."

awsome car

By on Sunday, March 09, 2014

Pros: "great car"

"lexus build great car, own a 2004, keep up with service and it will keep running. looking for rx450h newer model now. this rx 2004 still run strong. start to show some aging on the car, dash have hair line crack."

LOVE (LOVE) this Super Impressive Hybrid Lexus!!

By on Friday, August 30, 2013

Pros: "SMART value, Comfort, Size, Reliability & Savings!"

Cons: "Just that it was redesigned in 2010. Ha!"

"I've owned a lot of vehicles. I've owned BMW, Volkswagen, Toyota, Mercedes, etc. I typically only keep a vehicle a couple years, but I LOVE my 2007 Lexus RX 400h. This is hands down the longest I've ever owned a vehicle, and I thought I'd share my own pleasant, surprising experience with you. What I love: *Reliability* - Never have had a thing go wrong, ever; *Hybrid Savings* - I've averaged 26 mi/gal every year, and I do a lot of interstate driving so if you're in city, you'll probably do even better, but simply outstanding for an SUV; *Power* - You would never know this is a Hybrid - other than fact that it makes no noise! Get up & go is exceptional. LOVE this vehicle! *Comfort* - I've gone coast to coast in this, and it is just comfortable, plus all the bells & whistles for its time from heated seats, moonroof, DVD/6-CD, navigation, tow pkg, power everything - push button/auto-open access to trunk, back-up camera, etc, etc. *!JUST SMART!* - I hate depreciating money. As far as vehicles go, this baby is a winner all the way around for me. Great gas mileage. Great comfort for my clients. Low maintenance! Oil changes every 5K and your basic 30K, 60K, 90K, 120K service recommendations. Done & done. If you are wondering if the older Lexus RX Hybrids are any good, I'm here to tell you, my 2007 RX 400h is amazing. The *ONLY* reason I am even considering an upgrade to the RX 450h is because I have clients with me often and the redesign has been out long enough now that more & more of my clients realize the difference between brand new & guessing the age of mine (most clients have no idea mine is a 2007) Which reminds me of another reason I am sold on Lexus: Lexus rarely does a huge/highly noticeable redesign...to which I say THANK YOU. The more redesigns, the more/faster depreciation to previous models. Why change what isn't broken? Ironically, I wasn't sure if I liked "the look" of the Lexus RX 400h when I first bought it. I've literally grown to love it more & more & more with every year! It's the funniest thing to me. I think the combination of how SMART this vehicle is in quality, comfort, value and ride just has me loving it more than I ever would have guessed possible. I frequent car shows, and definitely enjoy a good-looking vehicle(!), but I'm also more like Warren Buffett at my core...and thus I'm not a fan of pouring money into depreciating investments anymore than absolutely necessary. The Lexus RX 400h has been the smartest vehicle purchase for my needs from a financial place, too. Both the Lexus name & hybrid aspect assure my clients (that can't help but judge me/my success by what I drive) that they are in good hands, and the hybrid mileage savings, cargo size & exceptional reliability satisfies my need for achieving the most bang for my buck in this part of my life. I don't know what else to say. I've grown to love this vehicle more & more & more with every passing year. I just hope the RX 450h is as awesome as my 2007 RX 400h!!"

Completely spoiled by this car!!

By on Monday, August 19, 2013

Pros: "stylish, RELIABLE, really takes care of you"

Cons: "Protect seats and armrests from sunscreen, etc."

"At 145,000 miles, it's time to start thinking about a new car, but I hate the thought! The garage man who recently changed the oil (and yes, I maintain it on schedule), said, "I gotta hand it to you--it's in excellent condition!" What other car wouldn't be leaking, at least a little, at this age? Only one moon roof glitch has cost us extra for repairs. Paint looks like new, too. I love the little pampering extras--like opening the windows with the key. One teeny complaint is that the leather seats show some wear after 10 searing, sweating, saltwater, sunscreened Florida summers. We'll get a new one just like this--definitely worth the substantial up front price."

Bells and whistles galore

By on Friday, August 02, 2013

Pros: "Luxury, comfort, nice to drive, some neat features"

Cons: "You pay for what you get"

"This car really cossets you. Couldn't justify cost new, so bought used 2005 with 72K miles. 630 page instruction manual boggles the mind. Very nice interior. Automatic wipers and headlights are a bit over the top, and the GPS is rather inelegant tho the female voice is nice. Compromise between ride comfort and handling is well done. Toyota dealers can service, a big plus for cost. Still learning the bells and whistles of which there are many, some good and others are what were they thinking?"

Love my Lexus!

By on Thursday, March 07, 2013

Pros: "Just an incredibly good car/suv"

"Bought the RX new, and have never had any problem. I feel so safe in it, and the reliability factor is through the roof. This is our 3rd Lexus and my first, and I would not want anything else. Gas mileage for this size SUV is outstanding and with 95K miles its still going.My husbands first Lexus,ES350-2004, had 350K miles when traded in."

Good solid vehicle

By on Saturday, December 22, 2012

"Good solid vehicle for the money. If your looking for a vehicle that drives like a car but has the room of a small SUV. This is the one for you. Power rear lift gate is a plus when your hands are full."

This car drives so smoothly

By on Monday, October 29, 2012

Pros: "Smooth drive, beautiful, great features"

Cons: "I wish the gas mileage was a little better"

"I bought this car because I wanted something a little bigger than my VW Passat that had been wrecked, yet something with good gas mileage. I had a really hard time finding something that was classy, economic, large and a little prestigious looking. I think I looked at every foreign made SUVs and a couple of domestic made SUVs as well. I finally found this one, that was beautiful and I as soon as I drove it, I knew I wanted it. It was preowned, which was okay, but it was a great deal. I bought it and have LOVED it. My friends love to drive it too. I broke my tailbone and my friends have had to drive if we go anywhere. I always offer my car, and they jump at the chance to drive it!! Many people have tried to trade their car for mine! My ONLY complaint is that the gas mileage is not as great as one might think for a hybrid, but I know that the newer ones do get better mpg. Great car, I highly recommend it."

Best car I've owned

By on Sunday, April 01, 2012

Cons: "Side rear view mirrors not powered to lay flat"

"Easy to drive. good power and response. Very reliable."

Best car we've ever owned!

By on Thursday, January 26, 2012

Pros: "Fun and easy to drive in all environments."

Cons: "I have only one."

"After owning many different vehicles, this is by far the best value! Incredibly dependable, easy to drive in crowded city maneuvering as well as stable cross-country traveler. We have two grown children that happily travel long distance in the back seat. When we need to transport guests, we don't hesitate to take the RX! Known for tight seal against road noise, Lexus expertly designed the windows and sunroof to keep out road and wind noise even at highway speed! In fact, we had a brief wind-noise complaint and Lexus kept the car until they brought it back into perfect adjustment. If you drive another car, you will need to grow accustomed to the tomb-like quiet driving experience or you'll easily being traveling down the road at 80mph and not realize it. Very strong power off the line with respectable gas mileage. Also great for hauling groceries and luggage. A real joy to drive!!!"

I love my Lexus!

By on Friday, November 18, 2011

Pros: "Holds its value"

"I bought this car used from my boss, and I love it! I have traveled over the mountains in eastern Kentucky in blinding snowstorms when other vehicles were stuck, and never stopped moving! It is quiet, comfortable, affordable, and holds its' value well! The interior is spacious, design is practical, and I have refused to trade it for a Cadillac Escalade!"

Needs improvement for price

By on Tuesday, June 15, 2010

"I've had this car 5 years. The paint on the door handles faded after 2 yrs, now the side mirrors clear coat is peeling off. The headlight plastic covers started getting foggy after 3 yrs. The ride in the front is nice, but once I rode in the back seat and realized what an awful ride my passengers had, like riding in a truck, you feel every bump in the road. It felt like worn out shock absorbers were on the car. Lexus needs to improve on the 05 and hopefully has. I baby this car and it is otherwise in great condition. There is no reason Lexus could not fix the above issues for the price they charge for the car and hopefully they did on later models. Also when I have to punch the gas to excellerate their is a odd smell in the cabin, like when you are behind someone who just excellerated and you get that gas smell. I have asked them to check in on several occassions and they say they don't smell anything, but me and my passengers do! I roll down the windows for a few seconds to clear the cabin."

You can't do better for a comfortable SUV

By on Tuesday, March 09, 2010

"I have now owned the vehicle for 3+ years and have driven it 71,459 miles in all kinds of weather and road conditions. How does it operate in the snow and mud... Great. How does it operate in 4 wheel drive on gravel roads... Great. I am a Civil Engineer and wanted some driving comfort but my practice takes into the boondocks lots of times. I have never had my Lexus get stuck or had to be towed out of the ditch. Control is excellent and the V6 has enough power on the road to get you a speeding ticket."

My dream vehicle

By on Monday, November 23, 2009

"I have tried other luxury vehicles, none match the performance and dependability of a Lexus."

Nice car I expect to last forever

By on Saturday, October 24, 2009

"I bought this car used off a 3-yr lease. It's stylish and classy and very comfortable. Even the back seats give plenty of room for long hauls. You can just feel that it's going to last forever. That said, this is not the X3 and happily so. The RX provides a luxurious ride - not a sports feel."

Awesome Luxury

By on Monday, August 17, 2009

"This is such a wonderful ride, you'd think you were in one of the comfy Lexus sedans instead of the SUV. I wanted to keep my SUV height, but without the gas-guzzling engine my old SUV had. The hybrid was the only answer. And this hybrid has as good or better pickup than my old non-hybrid SUV. (That was a priority, or I wouldn't have bought it...in DC traffic, you need to be able to move quickly, or you'll never get anyplace!) Bottom line, you have a nice looking luxury ride, and you get to feel good that you're helping the environment a little, too."

By on Thursday, May 21, 2009

"This is one of the most comfortable well performing cars I have ever owned. The mileage on the open road exceeds 24 miles per gallon...stop and go traffic is around 15."

good vehicle

By on Friday, May 01, 2009

"I have owened my 2007 400h about 2 years. For the previous 20+ years, I owed Chevy Blazers. Overall, I must say that the Lexus does not have much on the Blazer. The Lexus is a more attractive vehicle, but for handling heavy snow weather, I prefer the Blazer. My family is tall. Unfortunately, neither the Blazer nor the Lexus has much backseat room for tall people, especially when the driver is tall as well and needs the seat pushed back. Thus far, the reliability of the Lexus has been excellent with mileage about 24-26 mpg."

lexus

By on Tuesday, April 28, 2009

"youll never regret to have one of this car."

Luxury... at a price

By on Thursday, October 30, 2008

"I've owned the RX400h for 2 1/2 years now. It replaced a Grand Cherokee. Not as much room but the vehicle is in a separate class. The continuously variable transmission delivers power at any speed but not quite as quick as the Jeep. The gas engine cutting out at stops takes getting used to but that saves gas. Service is always exceptional - although not free as was the case with my Audi (and BMW) - a 'simple' service will set you back $150. PRO's: great styling; exceptional fit and finish; reliability (its a Lexus!); great re-sale value; hybrid engine is powerful and smooth; lets me drive in our State's HOV lane! CON's: don't expect better than 28 mpg overall; chews through tires - 2 sets in 40,000 miles and I don't drive it like Mario Andretti..."

By on Thursday, August 21, 2008

"WITH EXTRA EXPENCE OF HYBREAD, MILAGE COULD BE BETTER. AT 25k CAR HAS NEVER BEEN BACK FOR SERVICE EXCEPT OIL CHANGES. TIRES WORE OUT AT 15k, DEALER SPLIT COST OF NEW TIRES AND ALIGHMENT. OVERALL VERY SATISFIED!"

RX400

By on Tuesday, June 24, 2008

"We have so far driven the 2006 RX400h 44,000 miles. we have had 100% reliability and no maintenance problems. We live 20 miles out of town and normally achieve 30 mpg on regular gas on a 350 mile tank of gas. if you push it on the highway, mileage drops to 25 mpg. It still has its original tires, hope to get 16,000 miles out of the Michelin;s. It is comfortable to drive, I have driven 900+ miles in one day and not been exhausted."

not a real hybrid

By on Monday, January 28, 2008

"real life gas mileage is 22.5 mpg"

Love this car!

By on Monday, December 17, 2007

"This is my 2nd RX. The first saved my life and was totaled so I got a new one!"