2004 Lexus RX

Based on 507 Ratings for the 2004 - 2008 models.

Lexus Excels Again

By on Tuesday, March 04, 2008

"This is my second Lexus. I traded my 2004 RX330 for the 2007 400h. The interior is well finished with all of the materials fitting perfectly, very quiet, comfortable and a joy to drive. The engine and CVT perform flawlessly and seamless. You hardly notice the shift from gas to the electric motor. The price difference which really is not that much for a hybrid is worth it no matter what any consumer magazines tell you. Although most of my driving is on the highway, I am still getting 27.5 MPG overall. I am a Lexus owner for life."

Nice vehicle; some disappointments

By on Sunday, February 24, 2008

"Bought this 2004 RX 330 AWD new and have 60K miles. Excellent comfort and cruising ability, except for transmission "hunting" with any type of hill. Excellent cargo capacity. Major problem with poor headlights that are aimed way too low and not as good as the Bi-xenon on my Cayenne S. Dealer says they are "fine" and automatic leveling is "fine." Gas mileage has been disappointing at 18-20. My wife says she will not get another Lexus due to the headlight issue alone as we live in a rural area and good visability at night is critical; she loves my new 2008 Cayenne and now wants one!"

A bit below expections

By on Friday, February 22, 2008

"Overall decent vehicle, more like a Toyota Highlander than a real Lexus. Does not quite meet expectations suggested by advertising hype. Required many trips to the dealer in order to reprogram wacko electronics module. Sun roof malfunctions on a regular basis. Very under powered, a real pokey puppy when getting on the freeway. Steering is soft and lurchy, never feels like one is really in control. A lot of "hunting" by the transmission when ascending steep hills. Horrible design of windshield, dashboard glare is always a problem. Going to the BMW dealer this weekend to talk about an X5."

Best Vehicle Ever

By on Tuesday, February 19, 2008

"I have now owned my new RX 350 08 for about a month. Its my first Lexus and brand new vehicle, and overall I am very pleased with the RX. It has a stylish look with the muscle and extras, and ofcourse it comes with the PLATINUM qualtiy and service by Lexus. I find it to be comfortable and fun to drive. I cant wait for the summertime, I am looking forward to the family trips."

By on Tuesday, February 19, 2008

"I bought this suv new in 2004 and have never had the first problem with it. I have kept it maintained at the dealership and would highly recommend this vehicle to anyone. As a matter of fact, I am seriously thinking about trading it soon for a 2008 or 2009."