2003 Lexus RX

Based on 385 Ratings for the 1999 - 2003 models.

Excellent vehicle!

By on Sunday, July 06, 2014

"I bought this car used and have driven it for 11 years. It is a beautiful car! One of my favorite features is the premium stereo because the sound is just so Nice!! It has an extremely comfortable cabin. I have loved it so much and about 3 years ago started getting that itch for a new car. I looked at all the SUVs used and new and debated giving up a car I still really enjoyed. This year, I chose another Lexus! Once again for the reliability, beauty, and the fabulous drive."

Best car ever for our family

By on Monday, June 30, 2014

Cons: "Gas consumming. Only 15-16 miles / gallon"

"We own this car for 13 years with 259000 miles on it and still running great. We take so many roadtrip with this car. I wish Lexus still have the same model. The new RX look and feel so fleemsy."

very good condition

By on Monday, June 16, 2014

I don't own this car

Pros: "Very reliable utility vehicle in affordable price."

Cons: "High milage"

"work done in less than 500 miles ago- Timing belt with water pump belt tensioner and pullys, cam and crank seals, drive belts. All four brakes with new rotors. Front struts,ball joints and sway bar link rod. California emission passable. Chrome wheels."

love it the best

By on Friday, May 23, 2014

Pros: "handles well"

Cons: "expensive but worth it"

"I love it. I would buy another one. Reliable. Classy. Comfortable. Excellent in the snow. My only complaint is the wide turning radius when turning around. Over 140000 miles and still going strong!"

i love this vehicle

By on Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Pros: "rides nicely"

Cons: "retains alot of interior dust"

"i would always remain in the lexus family, because I am treated with high standards and the vehicle has excellent maintenance to endure its performance"

Great at first but not for long term

By on Friday, May 16, 2014

Pros: "Great style and load capacity."

Cons: "Less than 123K miles, better have cash"

"I bought the 2002 Lexus 300 thinking that this premium car from Toyota would last 175K to 250K miles, if I took care of it. For 12 years, I have followed the Lexus guidelines for maintenance taking it to the Lexus dealer. I currently have 123,000 miles on it. I love the way it drives and style. It is also great to haul large loads. In the first years, the only problem I had was with the adhesive label/plastic on doors, fender and back of car. Being a "luxury car" it looked bad and I replaced 3 times at the cost of $800 each time. Then when the car turned 9 years old with only 90,000 miles the real cost began. Blue smoke came from my car. $1500, Oil pan Gasket replaced 2 times, Oil leaking replaced Valve cover and gasket $3200. Now the exhaust is not right and for an additional $2700. I thought I was buying a Toyota Luxury Car that would last. Now I am looking for a cheap car with the expectation of lasting 6 years."

Awesome car!!!

By on Friday, May 16, 2014

Pros: "Awesome car."

Cons: "Gas consumption."

"I have owned a 2000 Lexus RX300 for over 10 years, bought it used, and is a champ!!! Awesome car! Wish I could replace it with another one. This car keeps on going and holds up on value. Lexus are great cars. The only thing with my car now with 179,000 miles+ is high gas consumption. Its doing about 15 mpg in city which is to be expected because of high mileage, but still a great car."

So very disappointed in this car-all this at 99K!

By on Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Pros: "Good on tires, great driving position, comfortable"

Cons: "too many ailments to name! Unreliable & expensive!"

"I bought this car a little before retirement, and thought it would last for years and years, as I always keep up all maintenance and have a habit of actually overdoing anything a car might need sometimes before recommended. Always kept in garage never outside. I did all the research before I bought this car and spent months looking for it. Was supposed to be trouble free according to everything I could find, as are other Lexus cars. I have been completely disappointed in this area. I bought the car when it had 15,000 miles on it at age 3 and now it is 14 years old and only has 99k on it, so I know the car's history. It has had to have several sensors at about $300 each. Just had the rear main seal replaced at $1300. Is leaking on the rear of valve cover gasket, had front differential leaks and rear differential leak, as well as has vibration due to (they tell me) leaking gel motor supports. Had problems with power window motor on drivers' side. The automatic door lock key came apart and the cost to replace was ungodly. Latest event: Leaking transmission fluid! Cost to repair will be $900 to 1500. Every time I get ready to go on vacation, it has a new ailment. People are brainwashed that these are great vehicles, but I would never recommend one to a friend, and I will never buy another one! The good thing that I can think of which was better than expected is that I put Michelin tires on it in 2004; they had 84,000 miles on them and were still as smooth as silk and still had tread, but I was afraid and replaced them, as it had been over ten years! I love the way this car rides and how comfortable it is on a trip; I have driven over ten hours at a time and arrived barely tired."

Rebuilt transmission at 140,000.

By on Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Pros: "Good MN winter car. Good AWD."

Cons: "Poor gas mileage. Expensive transmission repair."

"Great in the snow. Smoothe on the road. Great heat and A/C. Wonderful sound system. Expensive transmission rebuild at 140,000 and I'm aware of 2 others with same problem. Comfortable interior. No problems with rust. 16 mpg city, 21 mpg hiway. Most difficult vehicle I've ever changed oil on. Use Moble One. Does not use a drop of oil between changes. Very wide turning radius. Quiet, smoothe engine. Bought in 2009 with 97,000 miles."

This is the best vehicle I've ever owned.

By on Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Pros: "Dependable, fun to drive, looks great"

"Still driving this car after 15 years! I still love my car. I don't want to give it up. Dependable, fun to drive and still looks great too!"

See if you qualify for