2002 Lexus RX

Based on 424 Ratings for the 1999 - 2003 models.

By far, the best car purchase I ever made.

By on Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Pros: "Reliable and effortless to drive-smooth and quiet"

Cons: "Steering Radius"

"When I bought my Lexus, I test drove all of them, BMW, Acura, Mazda, Nissan, Toyota, Mercedes and the rest. It was not until I sat in the RX300... After purchasing, the years went on and I could not have been more pleased - and why not. - The body design was still in style. - The interior and exterior still were like new. - No mechanical problems at all... it ran great! - Gas mileage was even holding true. - No car payment! Now it is 12 years later and the little things are starting to go, door locks, shorts in the electrical, leather is worn, and not quite in style like it was. That said, know that my RX300 still runs like a champ and has no signs of letting up. Best Car Purchase I Ever Made!"

Great car, couple of flaws though

By on Thursday, July 15, 2010

"I have had my 1999 RX 300 for 2 years now. I purchased it 2 years ago with 94k miles. I now have 140k miles on it, and only recently started having a problem. The car wasn't shifting into OD...anytime I was on the highway, I couldn't go faster than 55. I did some research and became a little startled when I read my car is known to have transmission problems. Everything that everyone was stating was happening the exact same way with me. After doing a little more research, I discovered this car actually has bad knock sensors...a design flaw from Lexus. Which explains why people who had their transmissions replaced in their RX continued to have problems afterwards. I just had the knock sensors replaced (be prepared to spend $1100 from Lexus Dealorship), and so far so good! Other than that, I love my car. I live in CO and take regular trips to the mountains and it out performs most other cars with power. It does great in the snow as well."

Sheer comfort

By on Thursday, May 15, 2008

"This is the most comfortable vehicle I have ever owned. I love to drive this vehicle. The only thing I would change is the turn radius. In this vehicle, you need a large area to turn around in which makes it inconvenient in many parking situations. Overall this vehicle has been reliable, comfortable, stylish and easy to own."

luv my car

By on Friday, February 22, 2013

Cons: "no cup holders in rear, heated seats uncontrolled"

"i bought this car at 168,000. which actually surprised myself and my family when i took the chance at buying a car with that many miles on it. glad i did. this car has been so good to me even when i was not so good to her. she continued to start for me everyday without fail. she has been very dependable for other members of my family who has needed her as well. all she asked for was her oil changes on time and to stick with one brand of gas. once she hit 200k, i began using premium gas and she purrs like a kitten. Keep in mind that this was Lexus' 1st year making this model so some of the features was not quite worked out yet, like the dual heated seats are not individually controlled. And it is lacking rear cupholders in the armrests, etc. My very 1st(college) vehicle was a toyota.and i believe my very last one (retirement) willbe one! (Lexus)"

Go LEXUS

By on Saturday, January 12, 2013

Pros: "its quiet and smooth as long as taken care of"

look how nice

"this car is so relible ive had it for alittle more than ten yrs with over 140000 miles and it still drives like new,many people mistake this car for the new one,cuz it drives and looks so nice,I recommend this car to anyone who what a nice luxury car for a lower price."

look how nice