2002 Lexus RX

Based on 409 Ratings for the 1999 - 2003 models.

Good ride

By on Monday, August 13, 2007

"I am on my way to another one. The ride is great, but the steering is better on the 2003's and up. Good gas mileage and comfort. 330 and 350 has more power. Great car I'm hooked!"

By far, the best car purchase I ever made.

By on Tuesday, October 08, 2013

Pros: "Reliable and effortless to drive-smooth and quiet"

Cons: "Steering Radius"

"When I bought my Lexus, I test drove all of them, BMW, Acura, Mazda, Nissan, Toyota, Mercedes and the rest. It was not until I sat in the RX300... After purchasing, the years went on and I could not have been more pleased - and why not. - The body design was still in style. - The interior and exterior still were like new. - No mechanical problems at all... it ran great! - Gas mileage was even holding true. - No car payment! Now it is 12 years later and the little things are starting to go, door locks, shorts in the electrical, leather is worn, and not quite in style like it was. That said, know that my RX300 still runs like a champ and has no signs of letting up. Best Car Purchase I Ever Made!"

Go LEXUS

By on Saturday, January 12, 2013

Pros: "its quiet and smooth as long as taken care of"

look how nice

"this car is so relible ive had it for alittle more than ten yrs with over 140000 miles and it still drives like new,many people mistake this car for the new one,cuz it drives and looks so nice,I recommend this car to anyone who what a nice luxury car for a lower price."

look how nice

Great car, couple of flaws though

By on Thursday, July 15, 2010

"I have had my 1999 RX 300 for 2 years now. I purchased it 2 years ago with 94k miles. I now have 140k miles on it, and only recently started having a problem. The car wasn't shifting into OD...anytime I was on the highway, I couldn't go faster than 55. I did some research and became a little startled when I read my car is known to have transmission problems. Everything that everyone was stating was happening the exact same way with me. After doing a little more research, I discovered this car actually has bad knock sensors...a design flaw from Lexus. Which explains why people who had their transmissions replaced in their RX continued to have problems afterwards. I just had the knock sensors replaced (be prepared to spend $1100 from Lexus Dealorship), and so far so good! Other than that, I love my car. I live in CO and take regular trips to the mountains and it out performs most other cars with power. It does great in the snow as well."

Sheer comfort

By on Thursday, May 15, 2008

"This is the most comfortable vehicle I have ever owned. I love to drive this vehicle. The only thing I would change is the turn radius. In this vehicle, you need a large area to turn around in which makes it inconvenient in many parking situations. Overall this vehicle has been reliable, comfortable, stylish and easy to own."

luv my car

By on Friday, February 22, 2013

Cons: "no cup holders in rear, heated seats uncontrolled"

"i bought this car at 168,000. which actually surprised myself and my family when i took the chance at buying a car with that many miles on it. glad i did. this car has been so good to me even when i was not so good to her. she continued to start for me everyday without fail. she has been very dependable for other members of my family who has needed her as well. all she asked for was her oil changes on time and to stick with one brand of gas. once she hit 200k, i began using premium gas and she purrs like a kitten. Keep in mind that this was Lexus' 1st year making this model so some of the features was not quite worked out yet, like the dual heated seats are not individually controlled. And it is lacking rear cupholders in the armrests, etc. My very 1st(college) vehicle was a toyota.and i believe my very last one (retirement) willbe one! (Lexus)"

1999 Lexus

By on Thursday, March 25, 2010

"I bought my Lexus used with 116,000 miles on it, to date it has 215,000 and I have never had a issue with this car! I have kept up on the regular maintenance and have only had to replace the timing belt. The leather is still in great condition and so is the paint, no one can believe this car is 11 years old! I would definitely buy another one if I needed to....I am also getting 17 mpg's in it still."

Very Good Vehicle

By on Tuesday, December 02, 2008

"We bought it new. Have had minor problems. Not comfortable for a tall/long person(like me). Doesn't have much towing ability. Now with 185,000 miles we are beginning to wear out original parts. Starter($500P&L), sensors($150-300 each P), alternator($500 P) Aside of the electrical things beginning to go, we've spent under $1500 in all other mechanical P&L."

Simply the Best

By on Wednesday, June 11, 2008

"I've owned and driven my 2000 RX 300 over 210,000 miles and have NO problem telling anyone that it's simply the best car I've ever owned. Not a single problem with drive train, engine, hydraulic, or electrical systems. I've been through tires, changed the brakes (originals lasted over 100,000 miles, if you can believe it), a couple of lite bulbs.....but that's about it. Amazing quality."

Great Ride

By on Monday, January 07, 2008

"We bought a 1999 RX 300 from Car Max, and after having owned just about every luxury car there is and not being able to find an SUV to suit me, I was delighted with this after the test drive. This is the first time in a long time that I have a desire to own the exact same car the next time I purchase."

Loved it until...

By on Thursday, December 06, 2007

"I was totally in love with my 2000 Lexus RX300. Then, at about 80,000 miles my transmission was having problems. Turns out I need a new tranmission already! I have put in a claim with Lexus, even though it is not under warranty. I have heard that they have helped with the cost in some cases. I am really hoping they do not ruin my views of Lexus. I was so happy with my vehicle before this, that I was planning on driving Lexuses forever! :("

Best Suv i've vever owned

By on Tuesday, November 13, 2007

"The 2000 Lexus Rx300 is by far the best vehicle I have ever owned. I purchased it new in 1999 as a 2000 model, and have had no problems since except for normal things like the battery. It love the design. It is stylish and sporty, but not showy . The performance is fine, it drives very smooth at highway and city speeds. The interior is very luxurious, the leather and genuine walnut accents sold me on the car. It has a very spacious center console that has a ton of room for storage. I also love the way it drives, it's motor is small, but has plenty of power. The standard Lexus Premium Sound System is awesome. It has six speakers and one subwoofer that deliver excellent sound throughout the interior. It also has a six disk cd changer. The only thing I would change about my car is not put the cd player in the glove compartment, it is hard to get to, especially while driving. Overall I love it, this is the only thing I would change if I could. One of the true values to me is it won't eat you up in service costs. Different from a European car, you can use generic parts, and can service it almost anywhere. I have owned it almost eight years. It now has over 100,000 miles on it, and it has never left me stranded. The more I drive it, the more I love it. Even after eight years, it has not gone out of style. It still looks and drives like a brand new car, and I still get complements on it all the time.This is by far the best vehicle I have ever owned, and I would defenatly buy another one."

Great Woman's Car

By on Thursday, August 23, 2007

"This car and the Lexus dealership behind it is the best I've ever had. Really my first non-U.S. automobile purchase, it has exceeded my expectations. After 8 years of ownership, and 90,000+ miles driven, it still looks and runs great and I intend to keep it for many more years. I did make sure to regularly maintain it (every 5000 miles), and that has been costly, but I have never worried about reliability, etc. I'm between a 3 and 4 on performance only because it's not got the best "pick-up" but as far as running generally, it's great!"

Went to Atlanta car show...new RX 350 is $45G plus

By on Saturday, March 29, 2014

Pros: "Quality and minimal upkeep costs."

Cons: "Wish I had bought two in 1999."

"My 15 yr old RX 300 runs like a champ..only wish would be better turning radius, but overall is a most reliable and excellent transportation. Toyota's first RX was a gem."

My office of 8 years

By on Thursday, December 19, 2013

"I purchased my '01 in '05 with 22,000 miles, it now has 199,500 on it. I have used it as a rolling office for the last 8 years of going on jobs sites to inspect heavy equipment. Since I never knew what to expect when I reaching a destination, I was always pleased with how my Lexus handled. It always got me out of any situation mud, snow, sand and holes that hadn't been filled in correctly. Spending hours in my Lexus ways never stressful or uncomfortable. Now I have retired and it is our go to vehicle for mileage, comfort and space. When this one dies I will get another. Great little vehicle."

Outstanding Vehicle For The Money!

By on Sunday, November 17, 2013

Pros: "Great Value For The Dollar!"

Cons: "Stearing Radius"

"Bought this car in Feb. 2001 from a Lexus dealer and have every service done there even though I have to drive 200 miles to do so! I restore antique vehicles and know the value of cars. For the price, the best value car you could ever own. Even though the new ones have a lot of bells and whistles, I can find no reason to sell or trade in this great vehicle. The paint, interior and road driving ability of this Lexus, is the same as the day I drove it off the lot!"

quality not what I expected from Lexus

By on Thursday, November 08, 2012

Pros: "ride and driver position"

Cons: "exp. repairs which should not be needed at 89000 m"

"Have owned this car since 2003. Only has 89,000 miles. Very much over rated by Consumer Reports, etc. Has been taken the best of care and always garaged, all preventive maintenance done. Just spent over $2,000 in one month to fix rear main seal leak and two sensors. Now has a vibration in the exhaust system, screams when you turn it too sharply. Turning radius is that of a large truck. Extremely comfortable and love driver position."

Great luxury SUV.

By on Sunday, February 12, 2012

"I really have been happy with this SUV. All the options make this a sweet luxury vehicle. Easy to get in, seating is nice and high. Plenty of room in the back seat plus good size storage area. Rear seats move front or back 5 inches and also fold down flat without having to remove the headrests. Only 2 negatives, if I had to find something would be; 1, I'm a tall guy (6'4") so the side leg room with the dash/shifter locating is a bit tight for long trips. 2, the placement of the radio channel selector buttons is kind of a long reach...steering controls would of been great. But the ride is nice and tight even after 155K miles and everything has held up nicely. Steering is tight, kind of a wide turning ratio-us. Over-all, great quality...but hey it's a Lexus."

Very good car, would buy again

By on Monday, December 05, 2011

Pros: "Features, comfort, and reliable"

Cons: "Drinks gas like a V8, but has V6 engine."

"Very good car to own, very nice features for the age of the car. Decent power, reliable, and easy to maintain. Not the best on gas consumption, but based on the features and power, I suppose it is reasonable...average 19mpg"

On Third Transmission

By on Saturday, December 03, 2011

"Second transmission was installed at 55,000. Third one installed at 101,000. Would certainly not expect that. When was the last time you had a transmission go out? There is not even a trailer hitch on it. Other than that, the vehicle has been good."

love it been reliable,comfortable,beauty @206k mi

By on Friday, October 14, 2011

Pros: "GREAT PRICE,RELIABLE"

Cons: "TURNING RADIUS NO CUP HOLDERS IN THE BACK"

"LOVE IT ! I have had my 2000 RX300 suv for 7yrs now and I love it.The style is very pretty. Has a spoiler on the rear window that they have since changed but I like my model better. It still looks new and shiny.I never had any major issues with it.The transmission was changed by the first owner so he says. I am on 206k miles and still kicking.I can fit so much stuff int he trunk of this suv when the rear seats are down.I even got an entire bunk bed in there to transport it. The only thing I dislike about Lexus is the turning radius. My friend has a 2010 Lexus suv RX and the turning radius is the same as mine.You some times have to back up and turn again in order to make the full turn you wanted. This does not happen with my Toyota Camary,it has a full turning radis.I have never had to back up to turn into a parking spot as I do with my Lexus RX. It is very comfortable to ride in,Mine is fully loaded except for a navigation system so I bought a garmin portable.It also has A/C vent in the back. It is a 5 passenger vehicle with room in the trunk that is open to view from inside. I have a pull shade thing to cover the view from the trunk and other accessories for my car. It has a roof-rack which I have never used. If you buy one of these car/SUV you will love it. It doesnt matter how high the miles,these cars go on for eve they are made by Toyota and you know how long they last. In fact buying a used older model you will save alot of money and have a great car/suv and yes its a LEXUS! If you can't afford a new one and most people can't then this is a way to have your Lexus! They look new and are just as dreamy! I love my LEXUS suv I sometimes smile when I look at it and some times even kiss it! LOL enjoy ;)"

Best Car/SUV I ever had

By on Wednesday, June 25, 2008

"I have just traded my lexus RX300 2001 in with 96,000 miles. It still drove like the first day I got it. I have purchased an Acura TL - 2005. I like this car but miss my lexus everyday...regret trading it in..."

GREAT VEHICLE

By on Tuesday, April 01, 2008

"I LOVE MY 2003 RX300! IT IS A JOY TO DRIVE. I LIKE EVERYTHING ABOUT IT FROM THE EXTERIOR TO THE INTERIOR. I BOUGHT IT USED BUT IT LOOKS NEW. WHOEVER HAD IT BEFORE ME TOOK EXCELLENT CARE OF IT. I WILL DRIVE IT AS LONG AS I CAN THEN I WILL GET ANOTHER ONE. I AM HOOKED FOR LIFE."

Best Vehicle Ever

By on Thursday, March 13, 2008

"I've owned many vehicles over the years and this is the best I've ever had! Reliable, comfortable and easy to drive. Not sure what I'll do when it finally dies."

Great bang for the buck

By on Wednesday, February 27, 2008

"I bought my 1999 RX300 used in 2002 with about 40,000 miles on it. It now has 132,000 miles on it and have had very few problems and no major repairs. It has a great comfort and luxury feel on the inside. It still looks contemporary and stylish on the outside. Was a little shocked at the cost of maintenance at the Lexus dealer... so do most oil changes outside the dealership. I now live in snow country and it handles great in the snow. Would recommend to anyone that's in the market for a used luxury SUV."