2001 Lexus RX

Based on 423 Ratings for the 1999 - 2003 models.

Most reliable and trouble free car ever!

By on Tuesday, April 8, 2014

"This car is now 14 years old. It has never had a major problem. It has never failed to start, all of the systems still work at 100%. It has the same feel and power as it did when I first got it. The styling is such, that even though it may not look like a brand-new model, it looks like a newer car. I will keep it as long as possible. My fear is that if something happens, that it is totaled or stolen, I won't get its real value. It's worth a brand-new car. I have 120,000 miles on it. The dealer says I should expect 200,000 at the minimum. It doesn't burn a drop of oil, and the air-conditioning still will freeze you out. I have heard that this is considered the best SUV model Lexus has made. I cannot imagine a more reliable sturdy car."

So sad to outgrow it!!!!

By on Wednesday, April 2, 2008

"I LOVE MY RX300!!!!!!!!!1 I have an '00, which I purchased used in '04, and it seemed like new. It is the first luxury vehicle I've owned, and I'm sad to say that our growing family needs more space. I'm one of those Moms that will NEVER own a minivan, and this vehicle has well suited our family's needs for the past 4 years. We live in Maine with LOTS of snow, and this vehicle handles amazingly in the snow! We can climb any incline with the SNOW traction setting, and it's so nice to feel so safe and secure even in the slipperiest road conditions. When other cars avoid the road like the plague, we're out for a Sunday drive in our RX! It's as smooth as a sedan, unbelievably quiet. It corners well, looks great, and is extremely comfortable & stylish. You can't go wrong with this vehicle!"

Best car on the road, as far as I'm concerned

By on Sunday, December 29, 2013

Pros: "I love my navigation system, it drives great still"

Cons: "It won't wear out and I want a new car."

"Well, I want to get rid of this car because I want a new car, but I just can't justify it even yet. There's nothing wrong with it! I've driven it everywhere, on the road and in town. Nearly 300000 miles now, and it is quiet, the drive is great, the gas mileage is OK... as advertised. I bought it used with about a thousand miles on it back in 2001. A few small small problems, like the power locks. This year the front defroster on the inside of the dash went out. I still have the original engine, and have had such minimal repairs that I can't even remember them. I just have a great mechanic that checks it over now and then, and do routine maintenance and oil changes. Someone even asked me this year if I just got a new car! The cassette tape deck quit functioning long ago :) What can I say but NO PROBLEMS except for very minor ones."

reliable,comfortable awd suv

By on Monday, February 3, 2014

Pros: "reliability,quality,awd-excellent traction"

Cons: "premium gas ,typical suv-poor gas mileage"

"bought as 3 year old with only 32,000 miles-like new.now 14 years old with 168,000.well maintained-oil changed every 5k,trans fluid every 30k.no engine nor trans problem. basically no major work.only tires,brakes,rotors and couple oxygen sensors & ignition coil.have noticed last year slight engine oil leak-add maybe half quart a month.Body,paint interior leather good condition-driver seat rip fixed couple years ago.Only real complaint is car runs better on premium gas and gas mileage 17-24 mpg."

Best Quality!

By on Thursday, December 20, 2007

"I purchased my 99 model RX300 new in Aug, 1998. It now got 116K miles. It still runs like new. The engine is smooth and quiet. I drove it to move from Houston to Chicago and back. It had enough room to take all my stuff and another passenger. I haven't had any problem with it except for regular maintenance. I did have to change the rear door lock swtich (it wouldn't lock). This car is also very safe. I was hit in the rear by a Durango on the freeway. The Durango's front end was totally gone with fluid leaking everywhere. My lexus had no frame demage, only had to replace the rear door, the lock was stuck after the impact; and the bumper. Lexus did a great job on the repair. For the last two years, I have been sending my car to a Toyota Dealer for service. It saves me a lot of $$. Especially at the 90K timing belt replacement. I believe that it's about time for the valve cover gasket replacement, I see a little oil leak. But no big deal, I will do it on the next oil change. I'm keeping this car for a long time more. I strongly recommend this car. *The lady who had problem with oil gel in engine, Toyota sent out a warranty letter stating that they will cover all repair. You should check with Lexus.*"