2000 Lexus RX

Based on 413 Ratings for the 1999 - 2003 models.

i like the way it drives,had it for 14 years love

By on Tuesday, July 09, 2013

"the pick-up it has for speed.very reliable,its lets you know when you need to change something on it.every thing great about it not over price$$,....very good tear and wear."

very very happy with this vehicle.

By on Thursday, January 12, 2012

Pros: "great handling, comfort, dependable, holds value"

Cons: "Wide turn radius (you get used to it)"

"Bought my RX 300 in Sept. of 2009 from a trusted family friend with just shy 80,000 miles. I could not be happier with my decision. I drove a Camry LS before, and was a bit apprehensive about the trade off in gas mileage (avg around 19.5 mpg with the Lexus), but the trade off is well worth it! Great ride. This crossover extremely smooth on highway and/or gravel roads and very comfortable for my passengers. Although the vehicle is not overly large, it does have a lot of storage in the rear. Overall, i really, really, really, love this ride. I pinch myself every once in a while to make sure i am actually driving this Lexus."

Lexus is luxury

By on Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Pros: "Really keeps it's value well."

Cons: "Older model, no bluetooth, usb, etc."

"I bought new in 2003. My wife drives most of the time and not much, only 35,000 miles on in 8 years. The car is still like new and rides like a new Lexus. Very well built car and I will buy Lexus again. Very comfortable when we take on road."

bad experiance

By on Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Pros: "comfortable"

Cons: "maintenance"

"I bought used and have it now for two years. I paid so for about $5000 in repairs (main seal, head gasket, sensors,...). Never thought that Lexus would make such a bad car. Totally disappointed."

This is the BEST vehicle I ever owned.

By on Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Pros: "Extremely comfortable ride, quiet, reliable."

Cons: "None that I can think of."

"I am the original owner and have been meticulous about maintenance and keeping the car sparkling clean. It has payed me back by being the most reliable and comfortable vehicle I ever owned, including the Lexus sedan I had prior to purchasing this vehicle. There is plenty of room in the cabin for the driver and passengers. The cargo space is also roomy. The ride is smooth and extremely quiet. The paint still looks like new. I've never had any major problems but did have the rear hatch closers replaced under warranty and the rear hatch lock had to be replaced because it was not unlocking at times. The sound system is awesome. My gas mileage was way better than the sticker - 22 city instead of 18 and 27 highway instead of 22. I started using synthetic oil several years ago so that along with conservative driving may explain it."

I love this vehicle

By on Sunday, November 13, 2011

Pros: "Well built, reliable, stylish and fun to drive."

"This is a very reliable vehicle with a quiet and omfortable ride. There is plenty of room for cargo in the back, even when the back seats are not folded down. I've had this vehicle since the fall of 2001 and it still looks like new, inside and out. I've followed the recommended maintenance schedule faithfully and never had any problems except for having the hatch lock and hydraulics replaced under warranty. I test drove the 2011 and frankly, I like the way this vehicle handles better. I have 130,000 miles on it. Family and friends are lined up to buy it but I can't part with it."

This is absolutely the best car I ever owned!

By on Monday, October 24, 2011

Pros: "Its worth the price!"

Cons: "Poor turning radius."

"I am about to pass this car off to my son so that he can drive it to college and I am having separation anxiety. I have never had a problem with the car - other than one of my electronic door locks no longer work. I changed the timing belt at 120000 miles and gave the car a new lease on life. This care will NOT hug the corners. However it accelerates, its comfortable and it retains its value and will never let you down."

Can't get rid of this car

By on Friday, October 07, 2011

Pros: "reliable, easy to maintain, comfy"

Cons: "gas mileage, pop-up antenna (its not cool)"

"I have a 2001 RX, I got as hand-me-down from my mom (I'm a guy). At first I didn't like the car to much as I grew up with it being taken to soccer practice and such. However, over the years I grew to love the car (as well as my friends too). I have never had any problems with it. It is very reliable and doesn't seem to ever quit. It is fast and agile when it needs to be and yet still is quiet and comfy for those long road trips. Since it is an older car it is simple and easy to maintain (nothing too fancy for the average person to google). I have only found a few downfalls with it: 1. It will consume gas pretty quickly... I get about 13-16 mpg in the city; about 220 -250 miles(DC) and I can get about 20 - 23 on the highway; 275 - 330miles. 2. Insurance (its expensive) about 2200 a year (AllState). 3. Cargo room, its not terrible by any means, however, it can be a puzzle to figure out how to use the space fully. Lastly, it is getting old but I can't come to terms to sell the car and get a new one. If you have the opportunity to by one of these, do it."

Best car I'll ever own

By on Tuesday, January 18, 2011

"I bought my 2001 new and I have never regretted it. I love the visibility that you get with the large windows and large side view mirrors. The only negative is the turning radius, which I knew about when I bought it so no surprise there. It is quiet, comfortable, reliable, and has great cargo space. It also gets great gas mileage for an SUV. I'm coming up on 150K and hope to keep it as long as it runs well."

A joy, simply a joy!

By on Monday, April 05, 2010

"We bought our '01 RX used back in '03. 75,000 miles and almost seven years later, this car looks and drives as if it is fresh off the showroom floor. Not since my dad's '85 Lincoln Towncar have I driven or rode in a car so smooth. We've contemplated upgrading a couple of times, but there aren't many choices that measure up, so we keep it movin'. Fit and finish is hard to beat, even in new cars, and all around quality has been excellent. Outside of the usual maintainence, this vehicle has been virtually trouble-free. If one is thinking of buying one of these used, this is a fine choice. Test drive one for yourself, and you'll see what I mean. There are a ton of newer ones around, but make no mistake, the '01-'03 models are no slouch. We're enjoying ours... and best of all, it's paid 4!"

tremendous vehicle

By on Saturday, March 13, 2010

"Purchased this vehicle new in early 2002. Loved it then and still love it with 200117 miles on it! It's been very reliable, still looks great and runs great. Hated the OEM Bridgestone tires, much better on Michelins. Repairs outside of routine maintenance: wheel speed sensor (at 198K miles) and a headlight leveler sensor (at 148K miles). I hope that my next Lexus is as good!"

Just bought Jan 2009

By on Tuesday, May 19, 2009

"Purchased with 76K. Excellent build quality. Comfort - 10. Very impressed, no buyer remorse here."

Great little SUV

By on Friday, May 15, 2009

"Bought our 2000 RX300 about 2 1/2 yrs ago with 85k miles. Now it has 113k miles on it. Not a lick of trouble with it. Like others have said--turning radius could be a little better. A little underpowerd (but this is the first vehicle I've owned that didn't have a V8). Overall a great vehicle. Has more interior (& leg room) than you'd think by looking at it. Love the all wheel drive. I feel confident that the wife and kids are safe in it. Love my Lexus!"

By on Wednesday, April 15, 2009

"I have had my 2000 Rx 300 for almost 6 years and I love it! I love the comfort, the handling,the 7 speaker Pioneer sound system rocks, all the safety features, the lay out, the ease of putting the second row seats up and down, the full size spare, and the reliability! Also, I feel so safe driving in the snow and the snow mode feature is a real plus as well. I am updrading to a 2006 RX 330 tomorrow and after test drving it for only a few minutes, I realized the handling is smoother and even better than the 300!! (Not to mention a lot of other updrages too!) I am so excited! I can wait to pick it up tomorrow! Lexus, hands down is one outstanding ride!!! (This is my 5th Lexus and I am a lifer!) :):)"

good used buy

By on Sunday, November 02, 2008

"Bought 2003 RX300 used. Vehicle well maintained, practically new looking. Interior is well laid out, shift is on front panel, leaves room in the middle for purse, junk. Leather seats make comfort nice. All the buttons and switches. Handles much better than competitor vehicles. Not loose yet corners great. Mileage around 20 overall. Only thing negative would be the turning radius. When in a parking lot, swing it wide."

Drives like a dream!

By on Saturday, June 07, 2008

"After used & new car shopping for weeks I came upon a 1999 Lexus Rx300. The previous owner had left it in almost new condition although it is almost 10 years old. I took it for a test drive and fell in love! I couldn't believe the smoothness of the ride and how well it handles! I have no complaints about anything."

Great Car!!

By on Sunday, December 02, 2007

"I have owned a certified pre-owned 2000 RX 300 since Aug 2005. It is a great car and I have never had any problems whatsoever. It is still under the CPO warranty and only one time the dealer changed some valve on it (covered by warranty) which was not really causing any problem to me. I would definitely recommend a certified RX 300"

great vehicle

By on Sunday, November 25, 2007

"i have owned my 200 rx300 since new and logged in 160,000 miles only had to replace the individual spark plug coils at 80 bucks a pop but did the work myself other than a battery and tires i love driving this thing!!!"

By on Tuesday, November 20, 2007

"I have owned this 1999 RX300 since 2002 and no problems except battery and tires. Yesterday the motor locked up and left me stranded on interstate. This was caused by oilgel leaks. Hoping Lexus will help with cost of replacement, I have 106,000 miles never had a problem before yesterday. Has anyone else had this problem?"

Great car!

By on Sunday, November 18, 2007

"I've had my Lexus RX300 for six years, and the only problem I've had is making sure the gas tank lid is clicked several times-to make sure air isn't let into the engine, because the "engine light" comes on, and then I've had to take the car to the dealer to have the engine light sign turned off. This has happened twice."

Great car and stylish

By on Saturday, October 13, 2007

"As usual, very reliability, great quality, and stylish Japanese SUV. The only problems you might have are the electronic. Make sure you check all the power seats, mirrors, windows, the door lockers, sound systems etc. This car often have problems with the trunk, which it can't open manually as well as the doors."

Nice

By on Wednesday, September 26, 2007

"Other than having to replace the air conditioner compressor, expansion valve, and dryer at 55,000 miles which is the only black mark I have against this vehicle, this '99 RX has been a good vehicle. Never had ANY air conditioner problems on the previous 28 vehicles I had owned since I was sixteen."

The 1st car I've ever loved

By on Sunday, September 16, 2007

"I've never kept a car as long as we've kept our 2000 RX300. We bought it new and we've never had a bit of trouble (kept up to date with service). We are selling this car to our daughter as we just bought the 2007 RX400. The 2000 looks as good as the day we drove it off the lot. The ride is comfy (over 165,000 miles!). Excellent car"

By on Friday, August 10, 2007

"I have owned my 2001 RX300 for over 5 years. It has never disappointed me. The sound system began to make a clicking noise in the dashboard at about 65K miles but other than that it is a very sweet machine. I used to own the ES300 sedan and it was beautifully quiet but I needed the hauling space because I am a landlord. It gets good mileage and is very luxurious inside."

Great SUV

By on Wednesday, August 08, 2007

"This car drives like a powerful sedan, has excellent view of the road and extremely comfortable. In 3 years I've owned this car it was the most reliable."