• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2000 Lexus RX

Based on 385 Ratings for the 1999 - 2003 models.

My office of 8 years

By on Thursday, December 19, 2013

"I purchased my '01 in '05 with 22,000 miles, it now has 199,500 on it. I have used it as a rolling office for the last 8 years of going on jobs sites to inspect heavy equipment. Since I never knew what to expect when I reaching a destination, I was always pleased with how my Lexus handled. It always got me out of any situation mud, snow, sand and holes that hadn't been filled in correctly. Spending hours in my Lexus ways never stressful or uncomfortable. Now I have retired and it is our go to vehicle for mileage, comfort and space. When this one dies I will get another. Great little vehicle."

excellent reliebility, perfect in snow

By on Sunday, December 08, 2013

Pros: "perfect in winter: all-wheel drive & heated seats"

Cons: "alittle short on legroom, gas milages 17-18mpg"

"I love my old RX. I bought this one in 2011 with 120,000. A few minor things don't work so well anymore, 1 of the back doors has to be locked manually, and the outside temperature reading doesn't work anymore. Other than that its a perfect vehical with very low maintainence required. No rust. The owners manual recomends using premium (92 oct.) gas, I use regular (87 oct.) and it works just fine. I put premium gas in a few times and the gas milage was exactly the same. 1 draw back of this vehical for me is that I am kind of tall and this vehical only provides adequate leg room. Most others would not have this issue though. With the all-wheel drive system I don't need to spend big money on snow tires, regular all season tires work just fine in the snow. I would highely recomend this vehical to anyone. My Mom bought a 2003 RX this past summer and she loves it."

Outstanding Vehicle For The Money!

By on Sunday, November 17, 2013

Pros: "Great Value For The Dollar!"

Cons: "Stearing Radius"

"Bought this car in Feb. 2001 from a Lexus dealer and have every service done there even though I have to drive 200 miles to do so! I restore antique vehicles and know the value of cars. For the price, the best value car you could ever own. Even though the new ones have a lot of bells and whistles, I can find no reason to sell or trade in this great vehicle. The paint, interior and road driving ability of this Lexus, is the same as the day I drove it off the lot!"

Really great car.

By on Thursday, November 14, 2013

Pros: "comfortable front and back. No mechanical problems"

Cons: "terrible gas milage, terrible turning ratio"

"This car looks nice and is very comfortable both in the front seats and the back seats. The trunk area in the back with the fold down seats is excellent for most anything you want to carry in a car. The head room is very good and comfortable and helps when carrying large items. I had very little problem at all with the engine of the car. I changed the oil every 3000 miles and had regular service done on it to make sure that it stayed reliable. The down side of this car is that the turning ratio is terrible. My husbands truck has a better turning ratio than this car. It is like a turtle when a tight turn is needed. I found that the paint on the overhead racks outside was not good. I began to wear off. The car is parked out side but I never had that happen before. Also the bumpers stick out too far. It is hard to calculate the distance out that they are. The sun visor on the passenger side began to fall down and would not stay up. I replaced it. I have leather seats in the car and I liked the way they wore. Wear does not show at all. The carpeting in the car cleans very very well. Over all I think it is a very recommendable car to drive. Oh the mileage is absolutely terrible. Freeway milage is 16 miles to the gallon at 60 mi / hr. Steet driving is only at best 15.8 at the speed limit. Terrible mileage."

Wonderful automobile

By on Friday, October 25, 2013

Pros: "A joy to drive."

Cons: "Premium gas instead of standard."

"Have had a wonderful experience with this my second Lexus. Very comfortable and safe driving on short and long trips.Many luxurious features included. Color dark cherry has been complemented often. Parchment leather interior enhances automobile. Carries five adults comfortably. Back seat roomy and hand rest with seat controls. Sorry the LS430 is no longer available. Would have liked navigation equipment but not necessary with other GPS navigators. Cup holders in front and back seats. Extra floor mats and cargo net available. Good size trunk with tools and full size spare. Garage kept and in very good condition."

By far, the best car purchase I ever made.

By on Tuesday, October 08, 2013

Pros: "Reliable and effortless to drive-smooth and quiet"

Cons: "Steering Radius"

"When I bought my Lexus, I test drove all of them, BMW, Acura, Mazda, Nissan, Toyota, Mercedes and the rest. It was not until I sat in the RX300... After purchasing, the years went on and I could not have been more pleased - and why not. - The body design was still in style. - The interior and exterior still were like new. - No mechanical problems at all... it ran great! - Gas mileage was even holding true. - No car payment! Now it is 12 years later and the little things are starting to go, door locks, shorts in the electrical, leather is worn, and not quite in style like it was. That said, know that my RX300 still runs like a champ and has no signs of letting up. Best Car Purchase I Ever Made!"

best vehicle ever

By on Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Pros: "very likely"

"Very little repair on this suv very dependable"

Awesome Car!

By on Thursday, September 05, 2013

Pros: "smooth ride, luxury feel"

Cons: "only 5 passengers"

"We have owned this car for 9 yrs. Bought it 2 yrs. used. Except for normal maintenance over the years,(brakes, new tires, new battery) this car has been worth every penny we spent on it!"

2001 RX 300

By on Thursday, August 29, 2013

Pros: "Wow, what a car."

"Purchased this vehicle in 2005 and I have loved it for 8 years. This is my office. Most of the mileage was for business. This car handles like a dream in all circumstances and weather. Rides like your favorite easy chair and now that I am retiring I might buy a new one this time!"

Great Vehicle

By on Saturday, August 24, 2013

"This car is comfortable and reliable. It's been a excellent value for us as a family car. It currently has 225K miles, and its still going strong. We folded the seats flat to haul things, and it fits two car seats and a school-aged child without too much fighting. All in all, we enjoy the car's convenience and hope to continue driving it for a long time."

Great car, so comfortable

By on Friday, August 23, 2013

Pros: "So reliable and comfortable."

"This is our second RX300. Both have been great cars. We are looking for a third one now. This model does not have the audio controls on the steering wheel like my 07 Tundra, and I miss that. Plenty of power, comfortable ride, great for long drives across country. Works great in the snow here in Idaho."

Love!

By on Monday, August 19, 2013

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "Nothing"

"I love this vehicle! I love the way it looks and performs! Its long lasting and reliable! I drive it an hour to work everyday and take it on long vacations. This is a wonderful vehicle and I love it!"

My first Lexus RX 300.

By on Thursday, August 15, 2013

"I love it so much it is perfect for personal drive and wonderful travel any where .. I just want new one same kind RX"

Best car I've ever owned and will own another one

By on Friday, August 09, 2013

"I moved to Florida a year ago and was very happy with my Lexus until I got convertible fever!! In a perfect work I would keep my RX and buy a new Lexus IS. Unfortunately Lyme disease has me on a limited income but I can dream!"

i like the way it drives,had it for 14 years love

By on Tuesday, July 09, 2013

"the pick-up it has for speed.very reliable,its lets you know when you need to change something on it.every thing great about it not over price$$,....very good tear and wear."

BEST CAR I HAVE EVER OWENED

By on Saturday, June 22, 2013

Pros: "FUN TO DRIVE; PRICED TO SELL"

Cons: "NO CUP HOLDERS"

CLASSIC DESIGN

"2ND OWNER, NEW ALTERNATOR, BATTERY, TUNEUP, TIMING BELT. GREAT FOR AROUND TOWN DRIVING AND ON THE ROAD. EASY PARKING."

CLASSIC DESIGN

Best Vehicle Ever

By on Thursday, May 16, 2013

Pros: "Long lasting, reliable, comfortable, great mileage"

Cons: "Too wide a steering radius."

"I bought this car brand new off the lot in July of 2000. Paid cash. It still drives like a dream. The AC is the coldest anywhre, and we here in Miami know how important that is. The stereo is even better than in my 2007 Lexus LS 460! I hate to give this car up but my wife deserves a new car. The only complaint is that the turning radius is a little large. We will see how much that has improved during the test drives. Will try the newest RX, plus the BMW X3, the Audi Q5 and what ever else she wants. Sorry to see it go, but hopefully the new model will also last us 13 years!"

OK..But long for my Santa Fe

By on Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Pros: "Look good, comfortable seats"

Cons: "Gas mileage, do it your-self maintenance"

"My Wife loves this SUV, and admit it has been reliable. But V6 gas mailage, driving motions, and ease of maintenance goes to my old Santa Fe. Sorry Toyota fans, do it your self oil changes on the 3.0 engine is something for a monkey. Poor place to put an oil filter, right over the exhaust manifold. Better check out your spare tire well, it may be full of water. The foam seals around the tail lights shrink, causing rain to leak in. Driving down the highway, the RX has alot of annoying up and down motions that the Santa Fe didn't have. Anyway this is my Wifes SUV, and she likes it, so thats all that matters."

Best vehicle ever owned

By on Monday, April 22, 2013

Pros: "Luxury options are still operational & looks great"

Cons: "Small gas tank"

"I call my 2000 RX 300 my baby and for 13 years she has been a dream to drive and is still in excellent condition inside and out. I just had to replace brakes and the water pump but I was willing to spend the money since this was really the only expense I have had to do in the 13 years that I owned this car, with the exception of batteries and tires. I have no desire to ever get rid of this car since she runs great and everything is still operational including the heated seats. With all the luxury features that this vehicle has it is no wonder the reviews are so favorable for this car."

i would recommend this car with no reservations

By on Monday, April 22, 2013

Pros: "comfort, convenience, reliability"

Cons: "cost of repairs if and when needed."

"i have had my RX300 for 14 years and have had very few issues. the issues i have had are due to my less than optimal maintainence schedule. it drives well, gets decent milage for an SUV. its a work horse and it has traversed a wide range of terrian."

Loved this Lexi for 14++ years

By on Sunday, April 21, 2013

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "Bad cup holder broke after a year"

"I've owned premium cars before ...nothing can compare to the reliability and beauty of a 1999 RX 300....nicest interior around ...body atill does not look outdated!! Fyi car still looks new.."

My 4th Lexus and my favorite

By on Saturday, March 23, 2013

"I worked real estate many years and always leased a nice vehicle including 3 Lexus sedans until I was severely rear ended in my 400. That is when I moved to the Lexus RX300 because it was easy to get in and out with my double knee injury. I started with a lease and had equity at the end so I bought it - and because I loved it. It is quiet, extremely comfortable, handles great (I have maneuvered out of a few situations on the freeway and avoided accidents)it looks good and I get compliments all the time on how new it looks. This is the first vehicle I have owned this long and I still love driving it. I also appreciate the "trunk" space, the flexibility of the rear seats folding down as well as moving forward when needed. I would recommend this vehicle to everyone. I have owned many nice vehicles including an MG, Vet, 2 T-Birds, mustang, cadillac, Fords, Chevys, VW, Toyotas, and this is my overall favorite. Love the drink holders too."

Great car for every day use plus sand and snow

By on Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Pros: "Day in day out reliability"

Cons: "Not "aggressive" looking, or fully off-road worthy"

"I live in Baja Ca MX in an area where there are few paved roads. I drive on dirt and gravel roads 50% of the time, off road and sand 25% and paved roads 25%. With the proper tires, this SUV is perfect for down here. I'd trade it for a four door Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, but that's about it."

Great service, would hate to get rid of it.

By on Sunday, March 10, 2013

"I may keep this car until it becomes an antique, and then some more."

Awesome old luxury vehicle!

By on Monday, February 25, 2013

Pros: "Roomy, amazing suspension, luxurious."

Cons: "Vague steering."

Still looking brand new even after 10 years and 100,000 miles!

"Brakes quick, feels safe, has decent acceleration, very roomy, still performs great and looks new at 106,000 miles. Interior is very high quality, leather is comfortable. Sufficient cargo space and in-cabin storage. Suspension feels like you're riding on a cloud. Lexus did a good job on this one. Only con is the loose and vague steering can be disconcerting at times."

Still looking brand new even after 10 years and 100,000 miles!