2000 Lexus RX

Based on 412 Ratings for the 1999 - 2003 models.

1999 Lexus

By on Thursday, March 25, 2010

"I bought my Lexus used with 116,000 miles on it, to date it has 215,000 and I have never had a issue with this car! I have kept up on the regular maintenance and have only had to replace the timing belt. The leather is still in great condition and so is the paint, no one can believe this car is 11 years old! I would definitely buy another one if I needed to....I am also getting 17 mpg's in it still."

Very Good Vehicle

By on Tuesday, December 02, 2008

"We bought it new. Have had minor problems. Not comfortable for a tall/long person(like me). Doesn't have much towing ability. Now with 185,000 miles we are beginning to wear out original parts. Starter($500P&L), sensors($150-300 each P), alternator($500 P) Aside of the electrical things beginning to go, we've spent under $1500 in all other mechanical P&L."

Simply the Best

By on Wednesday, June 11, 2008

"I've owned and driven my 2000 RX 300 over 210,000 miles and have NO problem telling anyone that it's simply the best car I've ever owned. Not a single problem with drive train, engine, hydraulic, or electrical systems. I've been through tires, changed the brakes (originals lasted over 100,000 miles, if you can believe it), a couple of lite bulbs.....but that's about it. Amazing quality."

Great Ride

By on Monday, January 07, 2008

"We bought a 1999 RX 300 from Car Max, and after having owned just about every luxury car there is and not being able to find an SUV to suit me, I was delighted with this after the test drive. This is the first time in a long time that I have a desire to own the exact same car the next time I purchase."

Best Suv i've vever owned

By on Tuesday, November 13, 2007

"The 2000 Lexus Rx300 is by far the best vehicle I have ever owned. I purchased it new in 1999 as a 2000 model, and have had no problems since except for normal things like the battery. It love the design. It is stylish and sporty, but not showy . The performance is fine, it drives very smooth at highway and city speeds. The interior is very luxurious, the leather and genuine walnut accents sold me on the car. It has a very spacious center console that has a ton of room for storage. I also love the way it drives, it's motor is small, but has plenty of power. The standard Lexus Premium Sound System is awesome. It has six speakers and one subwoofer that deliver excellent sound throughout the interior. It also has a six disk cd changer. The only thing I would change about my car is not put the cd player in the glove compartment, it is hard to get to, especially while driving. Overall I love it, this is the only thing I would change if I could. One of the true values to me is it won't eat you up in service costs. Different from a European car, you can use generic parts, and can service it almost anywhere. I have owned it almost eight years. It now has over 100,000 miles on it, and it has never left me stranded. The more I drive it, the more I love it. Even after eight years, it has not gone out of style. It still looks and drives like a brand new car, and I still get complements on it all the time.This is by far the best vehicle I have ever owned, and I would defenatly buy another one."

Horrible Car

By on Friday, August 31, 2007

"We have owned this 1999 RX 300 for 4 years. Tranny went out at 120K, been a huge maintenance burden and all of the maintenance is expensive. Very comfortable and nice amenities but not reliable and things that have broken are not things you would expect at this mileage with the Lexus price tag. Had much better luck with the last Ford Taurus I bought. Would not recommend one of these to anyone."

Great Woman's Car

By on Thursday, August 23, 2007

"This car and the Lexus dealership behind it is the best I've ever had. Really my first non-U.S. automobile purchase, it has exceeded my expectations. After 8 years of ownership, and 90,000+ miles driven, it still looks and runs great and I intend to keep it for many more years. I did make sure to regularly maintain it (every 5000 miles), and that has been costly, but I have never worried about reliability, etc. I'm between a 3 and 4 on performance only because it's not got the best "pick-up" but as far as running generally, it's great!"

Stay Away if you can't help it.

By on Tuesday, April 01, 2014

Pros: "Handling, Interior design, fancy, good price."

Cons: "Transmission, gas, transfer case"

"I have owned this car for 2 years now and I love the interior, the handling, and enjoyed it for sometime. If you do not know this car is KNOWN by many to have transmission failures even with regular maintenance. Some report transmission problem before hitting 100k miles. I had it fixed and again it will need fixing. Gas is not that good but not horrible. Around 19MPH if you driving on freeway alot."

Went to Atlanta car show...new RX 350 is $45G plus

By on Saturday, March 29, 2014

Pros: "Quality and minimal upkeep costs."

Cons: "Wish I had bought two in 1999."

"My 15 yr old RX 300 runs like a champ..only wish would be better turning radius, but overall is a most reliable and excellent transportation. Toyota's first RX was a gem."

My office of 8 years

By on Thursday, December 19, 2013

"I purchased my '01 in '05 with 22,000 miles, it now has 199,500 on it. I have used it as a rolling office for the last 8 years of going on jobs sites to inspect heavy equipment. Since I never knew what to expect when I reaching a destination, I was always pleased with how my Lexus handled. It always got me out of any situation mud, snow, sand and holes that hadn't been filled in correctly. Spending hours in my Lexus ways never stressful or uncomfortable. Now I have retired and it is our go to vehicle for mileage, comfort and space. When this one dies I will get another. Great little vehicle."

Outstanding Vehicle For The Money!

By on Sunday, November 17, 2013

Pros: "Great Value For The Dollar!"

Cons: "Stearing Radius"

"Bought this car in Feb. 2001 from a Lexus dealer and have every service done there even though I have to drive 200 miles to do so! I restore antique vehicles and know the value of cars. For the price, the best value car you could ever own. Even though the new ones have a lot of bells and whistles, I can find no reason to sell or trade in this great vehicle. The paint, interior and road driving ability of this Lexus, is the same as the day I drove it off the lot!"

Great luxury SUV.

By on Sunday, February 12, 2012

"I really have been happy with this SUV. All the options make this a sweet luxury vehicle. Easy to get in, seating is nice and high. Plenty of room in the back seat plus good size storage area. Rear seats move front or back 5 inches and also fold down flat without having to remove the headrests. Only 2 negatives, if I had to find something would be; 1, I'm a tall guy (6'4") so the side leg room with the dash/shifter locating is a bit tight for long trips. 2, the placement of the radio channel selector buttons is kind of a long reach...steering controls would of been great. But the ride is nice and tight even after 155K miles and everything has held up nicely. Steering is tight, kind of a wide turning ratio-us. Over-all, great quality...but hey it's a Lexus."

Very good car, would buy again

By on Monday, December 05, 2011

Pros: "Features, comfort, and reliable"

Cons: "Drinks gas like a V8, but has V6 engine."

"Very good car to own, very nice features for the age of the car. Decent power, reliable, and easy to maintain. Not the best on gas consumption, but based on the features and power, I suppose it is reasonable...average 19mpg"

On Third Transmission

By on Saturday, December 03, 2011

"Second transmission was installed at 55,000. Third one installed at 101,000. Would certainly not expect that. When was the last time you had a transmission go out? There is not even a trailer hitch on it. Other than that, the vehicle has been good."

love it been reliable,comfortable,beauty @206k mi

By on Friday, October 14, 2011

Pros: "GREAT PRICE,RELIABLE"

Cons: "TURNING RADIUS NO CUP HOLDERS IN THE BACK"

"LOVE IT ! I have had my 2000 RX300 suv for 7yrs now and I love it.The style is very pretty. Has a spoiler on the rear window that they have since changed but I like my model better. It still looks new and shiny.I never had any major issues with it.The transmission was changed by the first owner so he says. I am on 206k miles and still kicking.I can fit so much stuff int he trunk of this suv when the rear seats are down.I even got an entire bunk bed in there to transport it. The only thing I dislike about Lexus is the turning radius. My friend has a 2010 Lexus suv RX and the turning radius is the same as mine.You some times have to back up and turn again in order to make the full turn you wanted. This does not happen with my Toyota Camary,it has a full turning radis.I have never had to back up to turn into a parking spot as I do with my Lexus RX. It is very comfortable to ride in,Mine is fully loaded except for a navigation system so I bought a garmin portable.It also has A/C vent in the back. It is a 5 passenger vehicle with room in the trunk that is open to view from inside. I have a pull shade thing to cover the view from the trunk and other accessories for my car. It has a roof-rack which I have never used. If you buy one of these car/SUV you will love it. It doesnt matter how high the miles,these cars go on for eve they are made by Toyota and you know how long they last. In fact buying a used older model you will save alot of money and have a great car/suv and yes its a LEXUS! If you can't afford a new one and most people can't then this is a way to have your Lexus! They look new and are just as dreamy! I love my LEXUS suv I sometimes smile when I look at it and some times even kiss it! LOL enjoy ;)"

Best Car/SUV I ever had

By on Wednesday, June 25, 2008

"I have just traded my lexus RX300 2001 in with 96,000 miles. It still drove like the first day I got it. I have purchased an Acura TL - 2005. I like this car but miss my lexus everyday...regret trading it in..."

GREAT VEHICLE

By on Tuesday, April 01, 2008

"I LOVE MY 2003 RX300! IT IS A JOY TO DRIVE. I LIKE EVERYTHING ABOUT IT FROM THE EXTERIOR TO THE INTERIOR. I BOUGHT IT USED BUT IT LOOKS NEW. WHOEVER HAD IT BEFORE ME TOOK EXCELLENT CARE OF IT. I WILL DRIVE IT AS LONG AS I CAN THEN I WILL GET ANOTHER ONE. I AM HOOKED FOR LIFE."

Best Vehicle Ever

By on Thursday, March 13, 2008

"I've owned many vehicles over the years and this is the best I've ever had! Reliable, comfortable and easy to drive. Not sure what I'll do when it finally dies."

Great bang for the buck

By on Wednesday, February 27, 2008

"I bought my 1999 RX300 used in 2002 with about 40,000 miles on it. It now has 132,000 miles on it and have had very few problems and no major repairs. It has a great comfort and luxury feel on the inside. It still looks contemporary and stylish on the outside. Was a little shocked at the cost of maintenance at the Lexus dealer... so do most oil changes outside the dealership. I now live in snow country and it handles great in the snow. Would recommend to anyone that's in the market for a used luxury SUV."

The BEST Investment

By on Friday, December 14, 2007

"I owned my Rx 300 for 4 years when on an icy Michigan morning I was swerved into causing my vehicle to spin out sideways down into the median and flip. The car was upside down and I managed to crawl out absolutely unharmed (wearing a seatbelt of course). I can't speak highly enough of that car which had no issues other than a situation with the engine which was taken care of by Lexus under warranty. The car drove smooth and I NEVER had any problems with it ever. I will be buying another Lexus suv and can't imagine driving anything else. There's a reason you can get over $10,000 for a car that's 8-9 years old with over a 100,000 miles... these cars are built to last and taken care of by those that own them."

2001 rx300 106k miles

By on Sunday, November 11, 2007

"Bought it three months ago from lady moving to Singapour, replaced af sensor for about $300. timing belt for $300, transmission fluid for $150, battery for $85, will need tune up for another $300 next season. starting to getting nervous . sold my wife's dependable "99 camry. but we do like the seating for four adults and size is just right. mileage ok, hard to change oil filter, designer should have provided more room under hood around engine for service. have owned about 30 cars and this may be almost perfect . but why should parts be so high ?"

Super Duper Car!

By on Friday, July 03, 2015

Pros: "eASY TO GET IN AND OUT PLUS PARK"

Cons: "music system needed updating"

"No maintenance issues since I bought this car 2 years ago. We put 30000 miles on it without doing anything except change oil. We are selling it because we have bought another newer Lexus."

Most reliable car.

By on Monday, March 17, 2014

"I loved this car. I bought it new and it has been the best investment and so reliable. I feel I have gotten my moneys worth. Having said that, I don't plan to buy another Lexus for two reasons: the gas mileage has not improved significantly since 2001 and for the high price they could have worked on improving this feature. Also, I don't like the look of the new Lexus. It looks and feels bigger. After owning this vehicle for 13 years I'm ready for a change."

Great ride, nice features, super reliable

By on Sunday, March 09, 2014

Cons: "expensive dealer service."

"12 years of ownership...looks as good as new except alloy wheels. Recommend spending extra for chrome wheels. Really has been a great car."

Love!

By on Monday, August 19, 2013

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "Nothing"

"I love this vehicle! I love the way it looks and performs! Its long lasting and reliable! I drive it an hour to work everyday and take it on long vacations. This is a wonderful vehicle and I love it!"