1999 Lexus RX

Based on 420 Ratings for the 1999 - 2003 models.

Great Ride

By on Monday, January 07, 2008

"We bought a 1999 RX 300 from Car Max, and after having owned just about every luxury car there is and not being able to find an SUV to suit me, I was delighted with this after the test drive. This is the first time in a long time that I have a desire to own the exact same car the next time I purchase."

Loved it until...

By on Thursday, December 06, 2007

"I was totally in love with my 2000 Lexus RX300. Then, at about 80,000 miles my transmission was having problems. Turns out I need a new tranmission already! I have put in a claim with Lexus, even though it is not under warranty. I have heard that they have helped with the cost in some cases. I am really hoping they do not ruin my views of Lexus. I was so happy with my vehicle before this, that I was planning on driving Lexuses forever! :("

Went to Atlanta car show...new RX 350 is $45G plus

By on Saturday, March 29, 2014

Pros: "Quality and minimal upkeep costs."

Cons: "Wish I had bought two in 1999."

"My 15 yr old RX 300 runs like a champ..only wish would be better turning radius, but overall is a most reliable and excellent transportation. Toyota's first RX was a gem."

Outstanding Vehicle For The Money!

By on Sunday, November 17, 2013

Pros: "Great Value For The Dollar!"

Cons: "Stearing Radius"

"Bought this car in Feb. 2001 from a Lexus dealer and have every service done there even though I have to drive 200 miles to do so! I restore antique vehicles and know the value of cars. For the price, the best value car you could ever own. Even though the new ones have a lot of bells and whistles, I can find no reason to sell or trade in this great vehicle. The paint, interior and road driving ability of this Lexus, is the same as the day I drove it off the lot!"

quality not what I expected from Lexus

By on Thursday, November 08, 2012

Pros: "ride and driver position"

Cons: "exp. repairs which should not be needed at 89000 m"

"Have owned this car since 2003. Only has 89,000 miles. Very much over rated by Consumer Reports, etc. Has been taken the best of care and always garaged, all preventive maintenance done. Just spent over $2,000 in one month to fix rear main seal leak and two sensors. Now has a vibration in the exhaust system, screams when you turn it too sharply. Turning radius is that of a large truck. Extremely comfortable and love driver position."

Great luxury SUV.

By on Sunday, February 12, 2012

"I really have been happy with this SUV. All the options make this a sweet luxury vehicle. Easy to get in, seating is nice and high. Plenty of room in the back seat plus good size storage area. Rear seats move front or back 5 inches and also fold down flat without having to remove the headrests. Only 2 negatives, if I had to find something would be; 1, I'm a tall guy (6'4") so the side leg room with the dash/shifter locating is a bit tight for long trips. 2, the placement of the radio channel selector buttons is kind of a long reach...steering controls would of been great. But the ride is nice and tight even after 155K miles and everything has held up nicely. Steering is tight, kind of a wide turning ratio-us. Over-all, great quality...but hey it's a Lexus."

1999 Lexus

By on Thursday, March 25, 2010

"I bought my Lexus used with 116,000 miles on it, to date it has 215,000 and I have never had a issue with this car! I have kept up on the regular maintenance and have only had to replace the timing belt. The leather is still in great condition and so is the paint, no one can believe this car is 11 years old! I would definitely buy another one if I needed to....I am also getting 17 mpg's in it still."

Very Good Vehicle

By on Tuesday, December 02, 2008

"We bought it new. Have had minor problems. Not comfortable for a tall/long person(like me). Doesn't have much towing ability. Now with 185,000 miles we are beginning to wear out original parts. Starter($500P&L), sensors($150-300 each P), alternator($500 P) Aside of the electrical things beginning to go, we've spent under $1500 in all other mechanical P&L."

Simply the Best

By on Wednesday, June 11, 2008

"I've owned and driven my 2000 RX 300 over 210,000 miles and have NO problem telling anyone that it's simply the best car I've ever owned. Not a single problem with drive train, engine, hydraulic, or electrical systems. I've been through tires, changed the brakes (originals lasted over 100,000 miles, if you can believe it), a couple of lite bulbs.....but that's about it. Amazing quality."

Best Suv i've vever owned

By on Tuesday, November 13, 2007

"The 2000 Lexus Rx300 is by far the best vehicle I have ever owned. I purchased it new in 1999 as a 2000 model, and have had no problems since except for normal things like the battery. It love the design. It is stylish and sporty, but not showy . The performance is fine, it drives very smooth at highway and city speeds. The interior is very luxurious, the leather and genuine walnut accents sold me on the car. It has a very spacious center console that has a ton of room for storage. I also love the way it drives, it's motor is small, but has plenty of power. The standard Lexus Premium Sound System is awesome. It has six speakers and one subwoofer that deliver excellent sound throughout the interior. It also has a six disk cd changer. The only thing I would change about my car is not put the cd player in the glove compartment, it is hard to get to, especially while driving. Overall I love it, this is the only thing I would change if I could. One of the true values to me is it won't eat you up in service costs. Different from a European car, you can use generic parts, and can service it almost anywhere. I have owned it almost eight years. It now has over 100,000 miles on it, and it has never left me stranded. The more I drive it, the more I love it. Even after eight years, it has not gone out of style. It still looks and drives like a brand new car, and I still get complements on it all the time.This is by far the best vehicle I have ever owned, and I would defenatly buy another one."