2008 Lexus LX

9.4

Based on 27 Ratings for the 2008 - 2015 models.

9.7/10

Truly Great SUV, almost NOTHING BREAKS!!

By on Friday, January 04, 2013

Pros: "Reliable, incredible quality, low service costs"

Cons: "Gas mileage"

"We have owned one LX570 (45,000 miles currently) and two LX470s (180k miles on our current one!). The LX570 is a fine continuation of the LX470 model,however I preferred the slightly narrower wheel base/size of the LX470 which makes it more maneuverable and those incredible lighted running boards had us standing and staring at it, with our jaws dropped, in the garage after we brought our first 470 home. I consider the LX470 a collectors item - was perfect for taking my son and friends to overnight soccer games (Lexus has THE BEST Navigation - much better than our BMWs, Ford truck), good for pulling a horse, like a rolling house! The LX570 takes that tradition farther by having the built-in refrigerator in front arm rest and we have DVD w this one (but rarely use - don't lose remote control as necessary to operate it!) But as an engineer, what really sold me on the Lexus SUVs when first driving them in comparison to Lincoln, Infinity, and other brands is their Engineering! I personally like the engine timing better on the LX470 than my husbands BMW645i (I know that is blasphemous) but the 470 just runs so smoothly. Became loyal Lexus buyers because almost NOTHING HAS BROKEN on 4 Lexus cars we have had aside from brake changes (I made to 80,000 highway miles on the RX450h we own and that my daughter now drives), the LX470/570s typically go ~65k for brakes with me driving. We do the minimally recommended maintenance and my husband changes the oil!! Our dealer service (very reasonable . . gives labor discounts & much cheaper overall than the BMW service) states he has 470s with 300k miles still running perfectly. All the electronics, engine, etc. are incredibly well engineered. The RELIABILITY of these cars is phenomenonall! The gas mileage is NOT!! I picked up the 570 last year right after the tsunami out of concern they might become scarce and we wanted to have one for when the 470 wears out, also hoping the larger engin might be better for pulling 26ft boat. Still, wish they had kept the LX470 body, however, until such large SUVs get phased out as fuel standards increase, these are too useful to be without. Truly great SUVs, I cannot imagine any European or American brands measuring up to these."

super luxury

By on Sunday, March 23, 2008

"This car is fantastic. it has a strong engine, and is very luxurious"

Awesome SUV!

By on Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive! Luxury features"

Cons: "No blindspot monitors on the outside mirrors."

"Bought my LX six months ago. Perfect finish, great features, and awesome technology. Great reputation for quality and dependability. Lexus got it right with this vehicle. Love driving it."

Excellent car never had a single reason to return

By on Saturday, November 23, 2013

Pros: "Great performance car"

Cons: "Would like more leg room in the 2 seat area"

"Great car Comfortable Responsive Maintain is almost nothing"

BEST VEHICLE EVER

By on Sunday, July 25, 2010

"I HAVE OWED AMERICAN MADE VEHICLES, SUCH AS FORD AND LINCOLN. AND FOUND THEM TO BE FINE. BUT WHEN I DECIDED TO BUY A LEXUS I FOUND THIS VEHICLE TO BE WELL WORTH THE MONEY THAT I PAYED FOR IT."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Lexus LX near Honolulu. See local deals