2007 Lexus LX

9.7

Based on 117 Ratings for the 1998 - 2007 models.

The best SUV ever!

By on Friday, October 25, 2013

Pros: "quality in every aspect. Country club or cornfield"

Cons: "15MPG."

"This truck is 14 years old, with 284K miles. I love it! No rattles. Nice ride. Change oil every 6-7K miles and not a teaspoon of oil used between changes. I do tune-ups at 100K. After I get it detailed about once every year or 2, people ask if I bought a new car. I use this truck as it was meant to be used. A lot of highway miles, but also a lot of cornfield, timber, creek bed, mud and sand miles. The clamshell tailgate is the best as the bottom folds down and gives you something clean to sit on when changing boots in the field. I took out 3d row jumpseats after I was no longer hauling kids. The paint still shines. My wife keeps suggesting I ought to buy a newer truck. The new Lexus LX and GX were made for soccer moms. I can't afford the new LX and don't like its looks. Had a new GX as a 3d car for a while. HATED the tailgate. Got rid of it. This truck is solid as Gibralter and looks great and rides/handles great. If it falls apart tomorrow, it doesn't owe me a dime. Nonetheless, I think I will be inconsolable when I have to part with this truck. I should mention that after all these miles, the leather on drivers seat still looks great with no tears or rips."

200k miles - runs like it's brand new

By on Monday, August 29, 2011

Pros: "dependable. With 200k miles it runs like it's new."

Cons: "bad gas mileage"

"I love my lx470. It's a 1999 with 190k miles on it. I've owned it for 7 yrs. No problems at all. Just regular oil changes, etc. It still runs like it's brand new and I still get comments all the time from people who think it's new and love the looks/fit and finish. It's truly an amazing SUV."

Last One Over The Pass

By on Thursday, April 07, 2011

"On a couple of occasions I have been the last car to travel over Berthoud Pass before it was closed due to deep snow and whiteout conditions. My LX would go with no problem passing dozens of stuck, abandoned cars and trucks. The LX was so good it left me wondering why others were having so much trouble. The gearing is perfect for mountain driving. The low gears will climb a tree. The air suspension is awesome for towing, loading bikes, kayaks, or just allowing my aging Golden Retriever to jump in the back. 130K miles and no problems outside regular maintenance. It's built like a tank and weighs about as much as one, too. There's nowhere this thing can't go - Moab, Vail, Winter Park, etc., The LX goes."

OFFROAD CAPABLE, LUXURIOUS, DEPENDABLE IN ONE

By on Saturday, May 18, 2013

Pros: "Luxurious, safe, dependable and go anywhere SUV"

Cons: "MPG average. 16mpg like my V6."

"The LX470 has unbelievable offroad capabilities, stunning luxurious ride, very assuring safety and stability and indestructible dependability all in one amazing vehicle. I cannot call others SUV, call them just cars with their unibody/crossover structure. The LX is one of the few left with body on frame "the real thing" structure but still rides smoother, quieter and more comfortable than 99.9% of cars out there. You can go anywhere with it. Plush parties, rugged mountains, roadless stunning views only your family can experience because you have a highly capable vehicle, roads or no roads."

BUY ONE!!!! They are tanks!

By on Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Pros: "Great quality, very dependable."

Cons: "Gas mileage is not the best."

"We have owned three! Loved them all! No problems or issues! They still drive like new even after they have 100,000 miles! Amazing in the snow!!! Comfortable on long trips! Have owned Infiniti, BMW, and Land Rover. This vehicle blows all of them away!"

Best SUV! Can't wait to buy a new one.

By on Monday, October 17, 2011

Pros: "Can seat 7 comfortably with cargo space."

Cons: "NONE"

"I've owned my Lexus LX470 for almost 12 years. I've never owned a car this long, but I haven't been able to convince my husband to buy me a new one. It is the most reliable car we have ever owned!"

2005 LX 470

By on Friday, January 15, 2010

"I will say this about the LX 470, it is a true and tested family flagship that you can depend on no matter what the weather or driving conditions. I had a 2003 Limited Toyota 4Runner 4WD prior and this blows that away. Lexus knows how to build a superior product to the competition. I have driven through mud, snow, rain steep hills pulling a fully loaded trailer and this thing has continued to rise to the occassion. The Terminator of SUV's, this thing can't be stopped. If you want quality and dependability get one of these. My family loves it and the kids always want to ride in it. Yokohama Geolander tires compliment this Japaneese vehicle very nicely and are great on and off road. I had Dunlop tires when I first bought it and they were very sloppy in the rain and I had to reduce speed to maintain control. Now I have no problems with the Yokohama tires. Japaneese tires for a Japaneese vehicle-you wont go wrong. My only complaint is the GPS navigation, it is a bit quirky to use and has a safety feature that won't allow it to be used while driving. My wife usually is the passenger and will operate the GPS but is not able to so we use our TOM-TOM instead. I heard you can have the safety feature disengaged so we will look into that and a Navigation update. Again this thing is tough as nails and sylish at the same time. The big differnce between it and the Toyota Landcruiser is the Lexus has a more luxurious feel and just looks better all around. Oh the ride is much smoother. You can definately tell a differnce with the ride in the 470 v.s. the Landcruiser. Get the LX 470 and not the LX 570 it may have more power but the changes have made it lacking in many other areas. People are going out of their way to get the old 470 over the 570 for this very reason. Trust me on the tires, get Yokohama Geolander-Toyota carries them as well as Lexus. See who will give you the best deal."

Trustworthy Tank

By on Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Pros: "Everything except gas mileage"

Cons: "Low gas mileage on premium fuel only"

"Anyone you talk to whose owned a Land Cruiser aka Lexus LX470 will tell you it's one of the best machines they've ever owned. Safe, reliable, comfortable, tough, work horse."

I love it!! Plan on 500,000 miles from it!!!

By on Thursday, January 12, 2012

Pros: "Still rides like new"

"Best vehicle I've ever owned!!!"

Like a sedan with more room

By on Tuesday, October 09, 2007

"I just got back from a 10,000 mile trip to Alaska. The LX470 was problem free, rode like a sedan. had enough room for all my gear (including room for a sleeping bag - yes, I sept in it). Gas mileage was 17.5-20 depending on terrain at speeds of 70-75 in the west and midwest. Drove 600 miles/day without fatigue. What more can you ask from a avehicle?"

I LOVE THIS CAR!!

By on Monday, January 13, 2014

Pros: "BEST CAR EVER!!!!!"

Cons: "THERE ARE NO CONS"

"THIS HAS BEEN THE BEST VEHICLE I HAVE OWNED. I BOUGHT THE SAME MODEL-LX470 IN 1999. I LOVED IT SO MUCH THAT IN 2005 I BOUGHT ANOTHER ONE. I STILL HAVE IT AND IT HAS 213,000 MILES ON IT. NOT SURE IF HUBBY WILL AGREE TO ANOTHER ONE NEXT TIME AROUND BUT ANYONE WHO GETS THIS CAR WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED. AFTER SO MANY YEARS OF DRIVING IT I AM HAPPY TO SAY THAT I AM AN EXPERT. MY HUSBAND SAYS I DRIVE IT LIKE A SPORTS CAR. LOL!"

Nice family car for over 11 years

By on Friday, March 16, 2012

Pros: "comfortable, quite, capable"

Cons: "gas mileage, 4 speed auto"

"Bought the car new. very good family car, very comfortable, quite. hydraulic suspensions help a lot driving on the freeway compare to land cruiser (toyota version) Took trip around California, very capable vehicle. Mostly driven in the city. Would buy 2001 model or later, due to 5 speed auto trans. Dealers are not good maintaining the car, tried several Lexus dealers during 11 years period, mostly charged a lot of $$$, but does not consistantly deliver. Looking at 2003 Land Cruiser ($$$$ - toyota version now comes with hydraulic suspension)"

By on Monday, February 14, 2011

"had this car for over 10 years, thing has been amazing. it has gotten me thru mud, deep snow, rain, you name it, without fail. comfortable ride and sits multiple passengers comfortably. truck now has 130,000 miles and still drives amazing."

The Best SUV Ever

By on Tuesday, September 29, 2009

"Bought this vehicle used with 42,000 miles and now has 112,000 after seven years of ownership. Zero defect and never a problem ! Test drove the LX570 and very tempted to buy a new one but can't get rid of this one yet.....still has another 100k to go (at least)."

True Great Luxury SUV

By on Tuesday, June 02, 2009

"Bought it used in September 2007 from a previous owner. This SUV in my opinion is truly a great dependable and comfortable SUV. I have never had any problem with it so far. Wish the third row seat fall flat into floor."

Lexus Supporter

By on Monday, March 23, 2009

"I enjoy the ride from my Lexus LX 470 Sport. I feel safe with the daughter in the back seat. I would highly recommend this vehicle to families or just anyone who enjoys sporty comfort."

Unprecedented quality

By on Monday, February 09, 2009

"We bought the 1999 LX after driving the 1997 LX450 for 3 years. After 10 years of abuse from the elements in the Adirondacks, this thing has never quit. Sure, it might have a few dings on it from its off-road adventures, but the engine still sounds as good as the day it rolled off the assembly line. The only vehicle to surpass this in quality is the new LX570. Even so, I don't think we'll ever get rid of this one. It's been too good of a vehicle to toss in the scrap heap. Maybe we'll see how much further we can get past 240,000 miles. If you're thinking about buying one of these, go ahead and pull the trigger. You won't be disappointed."

I love this SUV! It drives like a car.

By on Friday, December 30, 2011

Pros: "Smooth drive, built to last."

"Great SUV, purchased Certified used, with no regrets. I have yet to drive an SUV that drives like this model LX 470 so smooth like a car but 4x4 protection. The SUV is so well balanced with great curves, very pretty!"

lx470

By on Saturday, March 26, 2011

"have for 5 year excellent"

Great vehicle

By on Tuesday, February 16, 2010

"I've been a Land Cruiser fan since a teenager and the LX 470 is about 95% Land Cruiser. I previously owned an LX 450 but sold it to a gentleman that flew down from Canada to buy it. He loves it (we stay in touch). The 470 doesn't have the rugged good looks of the 450 but is handsome in its own right. Much more comfortable and powerful and better in some offroad conditions such as ice and snow due to the more advanced 4wd system and anti-lock brakes. The 470 has taken me through all conditions including icy and snowy roads, muddy dirt trails, heavy rain, and rocky trails that would ruin any "cute ute." Living in Arizona I'm not afraid to take this beast on the trails given its abilities: Body on frame construction? Check. Locking center differential? Check. Skid plates? Check. Good approach, departure, and break over angles? Check. Solid rear axle? Check. Advanced 4wd system with low range gearing? Check. It's all there plus a trick adjustable suspension. Easily the best blend of ability, reliability, and comfort in the SUV world."

BEST VEHICLE EVER

By on Sunday, September 27, 2009

"Owned lexux lx 470 2007, the last year before redesign. IMHO, this is even better than the lx570. It has ample power to do just everything you want except towing heavy heavy boat. But guess what? Not many people need towing anyway. Most reliable SUV truck I've ever owned. I like to keep them for many years to come.:)"

GREAT SUV

By on Friday, June 26, 2009

"THE LEXUS LX470 IS AN OUTSTANDING VEHICLE. THE LX HAS A STRONG ENGINE AND A SMOOTH TRANSMISSION. THE DRIVING EXPERIENCE IS A PURE PLEASURE. I WOULD RECOMMEND THIS VEHICLE TO EVERYONE. LEXUS MY VEHICLE OF CHOICE."

By on Wednesday, May 27, 2009

"This is a The hardest working truck ever . It will take whatever you can dish out and more . My 01 has never failed except the battery."

Best Car I ever owned

By on Tuesday, April 21, 2009

"Bougt it in nov2000, now it has 75000Mi, only one repair (in warranty-oxyg sensor). finally got new brakes and tires (tires were good for another 15-20kmi but was told not to drive them more than 9-10 years).ride is fanastic, log trips are pure joy. if you want a dream car and keep it forever, this is it."

AS GOOD AS IT GETS

By on Wednesday, March 04, 2009

"2000 model with 115k miles, owned 6 years still luv it, still looks great, safe, luxury,competent, reliable, amazing in the snow would buy again. do yourself a favor and buy one!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Lexus LX near Honolulu. See local deals