• 2014 Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2006 Lexus LX

9.7

Based on 110 Ratings for the 1998 - 2007 models.

Fantastic low maintainence car

By on Friday, September 26, 2014

Pros: "dependable"

Cons: "luxury feel not that sporty"

"I purchased this new and a Chevy Yukon at the same time.... Lexus running strong with minimal issues.... Chevy 3 transmissions, rear end, window mechanisms, problems problems..... and in junkyard now!"

Great and comfortable 4 wheel drive Lexus

By on Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Pros: "Great SUV."

"This has been a wonderful SUV! My husband commuting for 4 years and put a lot of miles on it. We had a new transmission several years ago. He can no longer drive so we are selling it. It has been well maintained."

Love This Truck!

By on Saturday, September 20, 2014

Pros: "Reliability; value; durability"

Cons: "MPG"

"I've owned and driven this truck for 13 of it's 16 years and put over 160,000 miles on. I have most preventive maintenance procedures performed at the recommended intervals and have it detailed every other year. Other than maintenance, its needed an air conditioning tube and compressor and level adjustment sensors for a total of about $2,400. We were rear-ended last winter by a Pontiac Grand Am going about 15 MPH. The Grand Am was totaled and the Lex was fully repaired for under $1,500! It's where I wanna be in the unfortunate event of an accident! It's been off-road in Montana's strawberry hills and the Colorado Rockies but most are highway and city miles. It's still extremely quiet, looks great, no rust, and everything works! Fit and finish on interior components is awesome! Would I get another one? You bet! But this one might well take me to the end of my years..."

Best truck that I have ever owned

By on Saturday, August 16, 2014

Pros: "Take a trip over 500 daily not tired at all"

Cons: "Gas millage is not for faint at heart"

"I bought this Lexus LX470 in Aug 06 with 60,000 miles on vehicle. I now have just under 200,000 miles on truck and find this truck a pleasure to drive. I know that gas millage is not great however the ride is fantastic When we had a snow storm last winter in Alabama My LX 470 was one of the only trucks on the road that kept on going. I do change oil ever 4000 miles and have major timing belts and water pumps change ever 100,000 miles as recommended by manufacture. I have replaced radiator at 175,000 miles. When this engine goes out I will replace it with a rebuilt crate 4.7 Interior looks like showroom condition. All electric windows radio And both front & rear AC are original NO complaints Lexus motor division did their homework well when they made this SUV"

The car is immaculate-well maintained and garaged

By on Saturday, March 15, 2014

Pros: "This is a luxury RV. It's a Lexus,that says it all"

"The car is in perfect shape. We hate to have to sell it. We just had it detailed, which is something we do annually. And we had all the leather reconditioned. It looks fantastic. We just purchased a Motor-home and needed a smaller tow car which made this vehicle available. If it wasn't for that we would not be selling it."

I LOVE THIS CAR!!

By on Monday, January 13, 2014

Pros: "BEST CAR EVER!!!!!"

Cons: "THERE ARE NO CONS"

"THIS HAS BEEN THE BEST VEHICLE I HAVE OWNED. I BOUGHT THE SAME MODEL-LX470 IN 1999. I LOVED IT SO MUCH THAT IN 2005 I BOUGHT ANOTHER ONE. I STILL HAVE IT AND IT HAS 213,000 MILES ON IT. NOT SURE IF HUBBY WILL AGREE TO ANOTHER ONE NEXT TIME AROUND BUT ANYONE WHO GETS THIS CAR WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED. AFTER SO MANY YEARS OF DRIVING IT I AM HAPPY TO SAY THAT I AM AN EXPERT. MY HUSBAND SAYS I DRIVE IT LIKE A SPORTS CAR. LOL!"

One owner. Excellent car.

By on Friday, January 10, 2014

Pros: "Great for long trips. Lots of room with comfort."

Cons: "Highway gas mileage is 16-17 mpg as per EPA rating"

"Always serviced as recommended by owners manual. Everything works as well as new. A luxury vehicle that handles like a dream with the variable suspension. Most comfortable seats imaginable."

The best SUV ever!

By on Friday, October 25, 2013

Pros: "quality in every aspect. Country club or cornfield"

Cons: "15MPG."

"This truck is 14 years old, with 284K miles. I love it! No rattles. Nice ride. Change oil every 6-7K miles and not a teaspoon of oil used between changes. I do tune-ups at 100K. After I get it detailed about once every year or 2, people ask if I bought a new car. I use this truck as it was meant to be used. A lot of highway miles, but also a lot of cornfield, timber, creek bed, mud and sand miles. The clamshell tailgate is the best as the bottom folds down and gives you something clean to sit on when changing boots in the field. I took out 3d row jumpseats after I was no longer hauling kids. The paint still shines. My wife keeps suggesting I ought to buy a newer truck. The new Lexus LX and GX were made for soccer moms. I can't afford the new LX and don't like its looks. Had a new GX as a 3d car for a while. HATED the tailgate. Got rid of it. This truck is solid as Gibralter and looks great and rides/handles great. If it falls apart tomorrow, it doesn't owe me a dime. Nonetheless, I think I will be inconsolable when I have to part with this truck. I should mention that after all these miles, the leather on drivers seat still looks great with no tears or rips."

The Best Car. EVER.

By on Thursday, July 11, 2013

"I have driven the LX470 for over 14 years...and this is the best vehicle i have ever owned. We refuse to get rid of her now...She is part of the family. The car has never broken down. ever. It just keeps going. She is in need of some body work and a paint job but we plan to keep her til she is rusted through."

Bullet proof...aren't broken until 250k miles

By on Saturday, June 29, 2013

Pros: "Best vehicle in it's class"

Cons: "Too expensive but still worth it."

"This is my third land cruiser actually it's a LX470 the same vehicle but has the Lexus badges. These may not be the best vehicles to drive (kinda of mushy and not the most get up and go) but by far the best vehicles on the road for quality and value and function. If you are looking for a family vehicle that gets you and all your family friends and ski gear to the mountains then look no farther."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Lexus LX near Honolulu. See local deals