2005 Lexus LX

9.7

Based on 118 Ratings for the 1998 - 2007 models.

Yes, I'd Do It Again

By on Tuesday, January 01, 2008

"Lexus quality is everywhere in this SUV...Thanks for the Ride !"

Masterpiece of technology

By on Friday, August 31, 2007

"The finest (of many vehicles) that I have ever owned or driven. As surefooted and agile as a cat (given it's size), both on the road and off. When there is snow or ice, it is supremely competent. Plenty of power and presence, which I use to blast my way through Chicago traffic. The ultimate road trip vehicle!"

The best SUV ever!

By on Friday, October 25, 2013

Pros: "quality in every aspect. Country club or cornfield"

Cons: "15MPG."

"This truck is 14 years old, with 284K miles. I love it! No rattles. Nice ride. Change oil every 6-7K miles and not a teaspoon of oil used between changes. I do tune-ups at 100K. After I get it detailed about once every year or 2, people ask if I bought a new car. I use this truck as it was meant to be used. A lot of highway miles, but also a lot of cornfield, timber, creek bed, mud and sand miles. The clamshell tailgate is the best as the bottom folds down and gives you something clean to sit on when changing boots in the field. I took out 3d row jumpseats after I was no longer hauling kids. The paint still shines. My wife keeps suggesting I ought to buy a newer truck. The new Lexus LX and GX were made for soccer moms. I can't afford the new LX and don't like its looks. Had a new GX as a 3d car for a while. HATED the tailgate. Got rid of it. This truck is solid as Gibralter and looks great and rides/handles great. If it falls apart tomorrow, it doesn't owe me a dime. Nonetheless, I think I will be inconsolable when I have to part with this truck. I should mention that after all these miles, the leather on drivers seat still looks great with no tears or rips."

The Best Car. EVER.

By on Thursday, July 11, 2013

"I have driven the LX470 for over 14 years...and this is the best vehicle i have ever owned. We refuse to get rid of her now...She is part of the family. The car has never broken down. ever. It just keeps going. She is in need of some body work and a paint job but we plan to keep her til she is rusted through."

Awesome value in a used car

By on Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Pros: "Reliable, durable, looks new after 11 years."

Cons: "None."

"I purchased my 2001 a few years old to save on depreciation. I have it serviced at the recommended intervals and have not had one problem. At 11 years old the truck still looks brand new and runs great. Very good quality."

BUY ONE!!!! They are tanks!

By on Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Pros: "Great quality, very dependable."

Cons: "Gas mileage is not the best."

"We have owned three! Loved them all! No problems or issues! They still drive like new even after they have 100,000 miles! Amazing in the snow!!! Comfortable on long trips! Have owned Infiniti, BMW, and Land Rover. This vehicle blows all of them away!"

200k miles - runs like it's brand new

By on Monday, August 29, 2011

Pros: "dependable. With 200k miles it runs like it's new."

Cons: "bad gas mileage"

"I love my lx470. It's a 1999 with 190k miles on it. I've owned it for 7 yrs. No problems at all. Just regular oil changes, etc. It still runs like it's brand new and I still get comments all the time from people who think it's new and love the looks/fit and finish. It's truly an amazing SUV."

Last One Over The Pass

By on Thursday, April 07, 2011

"On a couple of occasions I have been the last car to travel over Berthoud Pass before it was closed due to deep snow and whiteout conditions. My LX would go with no problem passing dozens of stuck, abandoned cars and trucks. The LX was so good it left me wondering why others were having so much trouble. The gearing is perfect for mountain driving. The low gears will climb a tree. The air suspension is awesome for towing, loading bikes, kayaks, or just allowing my aging Golden Retriever to jump in the back. 130K miles and no problems outside regular maintenance. It's built like a tank and weighs about as much as one, too. There's nowhere this thing can't go - Moab, Vail, Winter Park, etc., The LX goes."

Best SUV! Can't wait to buy a new one.

By on Monday, October 17, 2011

Pros: "Can seat 7 comfortably with cargo space."

Cons: "NONE"

"I've owned my Lexus LX470 for almost 12 years. I've never owned a car this long, but I haven't been able to convince my husband to buy me a new one. It is the most reliable car we have ever owned!"

2005 LX 470

By on Friday, January 15, 2010

"I will say this about the LX 470, it is a true and tested family flagship that you can depend on no matter what the weather or driving conditions. I had a 2003 Limited Toyota 4Runner 4WD prior and this blows that away. Lexus knows how to build a superior product to the competition. I have driven through mud, snow, rain steep hills pulling a fully loaded trailer and this thing has continued to rise to the occassion. The Terminator of SUV's, this thing can't be stopped. If you want quality and dependability get one of these. My family loves it and the kids always want to ride in it. Yokohama Geolander tires compliment this Japaneese vehicle very nicely and are great on and off road. I had Dunlop tires when I first bought it and they were very sloppy in the rain and I had to reduce speed to maintain control. Now I have no problems with the Yokohama tires. Japaneese tires for a Japaneese vehicle-you wont go wrong. My only complaint is the GPS navigation, it is a bit quirky to use and has a safety feature that won't allow it to be used while driving. My wife usually is the passenger and will operate the GPS but is not able to so we use our TOM-TOM instead. I heard you can have the safety feature disengaged so we will look into that and a Navigation update. Again this thing is tough as nails and sylish at the same time. The big differnce between it and the Toyota Landcruiser is the Lexus has a more luxurious feel and just looks better all around. Oh the ride is much smoother. You can definately tell a differnce with the ride in the 470 v.s. the Landcruiser. Get the LX 470 and not the LX 570 it may have more power but the changes have made it lacking in many other areas. People are going out of their way to get the old 470 over the 570 for this very reason. Trust me on the tires, get Yokohama Geolander-Toyota carries them as well as Lexus. See who will give you the best deal."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Lexus LX near Honolulu. See local deals