• Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2004 Lexus LX

9.7

Based on 113 Ratings for the 1998 - 2007 models.

9.8/10

11 years later and I still LOVE ths car.

By on Monday, December 15, 2014

Pros: "Comfort"

Cons: "Gas Mileage"

"This car is the closest thing to flying on the freeway."

15 year old LX still going strong

By on Monday, October 06, 2014

Pros: "Quality inside and out. Smooth, and quite"

Cons: "Stopped making 470."

"My families 99 LX 470 still looks brand new inside and out after 15 years and 220,000 miles. Regularly maintained and drives like it did the day we drove it off the lot. Passing vehicle down to our 2nd oldest in high school and expect to pass it down to the next two kids as well. Great snow vehicle and plan on getting back the LX and keeping after all of the kids head off to college."

Ever Reliable

By on Monday, October 06, 2014

Pros: "Excellent ride, reliably formidable behemoth."

Cons: "Not recommended for MPG worrier."

"I was the second owner when I bought this SUV. I own a 1995 Land Cruiser that's why I bought Toyota's luxury equivalent. Never had any real problem with this vehicle, takes me to work and brings me home even when the 'check engine' light comes on (usually switch problems, nothing really major, so far). I know about it's mileage so I don't really mind (if you're buying this type of vehicle, you should know off hand) unless you'll get the hybrid type. I have loaded in about 150K miles and still rides smooth and quiet. California to Mt. Rushmore, Rockies in Colorado, high altitude in Utah and back to sunny California, no sweat. Same with my Landcruiser, and I still have both trucks! I'm checking who'll give in first, my trucks or my joy in driving them. And I'm getting ready to buy another LX thereby handing down the Landcruiser to my teenage son. Watch out Landcruiser, you'll be in for a rough ride."

Fantastic low maintainence car

By on Friday, September 26, 2014

Pros: "dependable"

Cons: "luxury feel not that sporty"

"I purchased this new and a Chevy Yukon at the same time.... Lexus running strong with minimal issues.... Chevy 3 transmissions, rear end, window mechanisms, problems problems..... and in junkyard now!"

Great and comfortable 4 wheel drive Lexus

By on Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Pros: "Great SUV."

"This has been a wonderful SUV! My husband commuting for 4 years and put a lot of miles on it. We had a new transmission several years ago. He can no longer drive so we are selling it. It has been well maintained."

Love This Truck!

By on Saturday, September 20, 2014

Pros: "Reliability; value; durability"

Cons: "MPG"

"I've owned and driven this truck for 13 of it's 16 years and put over 160,000 miles on. I have most preventive maintenance procedures performed at the recommended intervals and have it detailed every other year. Other than maintenance, its needed an air conditioning tube and compressor and level adjustment sensors for a total of about $2,400. We were rear-ended last winter by a Pontiac Grand Am going about 15 MPH. The Grand Am was totaled and the Lex was fully repaired for under $1,500! It's where I wanna be in the unfortunate event of an accident! It's been off-road in Montana's strawberry hills and the Colorado Rockies but most are highway and city miles. It's still extremely quiet, looks great, no rust, and everything works! Fit and finish on interior components is awesome! Would I get another one? You bet! But this one might well take me to the end of my years..."

Best truck that I have ever owned

By on Saturday, August 16, 2014

Pros: "Take a trip over 500 daily not tired at all"

Cons: "Gas millage is not for faint at heart"

"I bought this Lexus LX470 in Aug 06 with 60,000 miles on vehicle. I now have just under 200,000 miles on truck and find this truck a pleasure to drive. I know that gas millage is not great however the ride is fantastic When we had a snow storm last winter in Alabama My LX 470 was one of the only trucks on the road that kept on going. I do change oil ever 4000 miles and have major timing belts and water pumps change ever 100,000 miles as recommended by manufacture. I have replaced radiator at 175,000 miles. When this engine goes out I will replace it with a rebuilt crate 4.7 Interior looks like showroom condition. All electric windows radio And both front & rear AC are original NO complaints Lexus motor division did their homework well when they made this SUV"

The car is immaculate-well maintained and garaged

By on Saturday, March 15, 2014

Pros: "This is a luxury RV. It's a Lexus,that says it all"

"The car is in perfect shape. We hate to have to sell it. We just had it detailed, which is something we do annually. And we had all the leather reconditioned. It looks fantastic. We just purchased a Motor-home and needed a smaller tow car which made this vehicle available. If it wasn't for that we would not be selling it."

I LOVE THIS CAR!!

By on Monday, January 13, 2014

Pros: "BEST CAR EVER!!!!!"

Cons: "THERE ARE NO CONS"

"THIS HAS BEEN THE BEST VEHICLE I HAVE OWNED. I BOUGHT THE SAME MODEL-LX470 IN 1999. I LOVED IT SO MUCH THAT IN 2005 I BOUGHT ANOTHER ONE. I STILL HAVE IT AND IT HAS 213,000 MILES ON IT. NOT SURE IF HUBBY WILL AGREE TO ANOTHER ONE NEXT TIME AROUND BUT ANYONE WHO GETS THIS CAR WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED. AFTER SO MANY YEARS OF DRIVING IT I AM HAPPY TO SAY THAT I AM AN EXPERT. MY HUSBAND SAYS I DRIVE IT LIKE A SPORTS CAR. LOL!"

One owner. Excellent car.

By on Friday, January 10, 2014

Pros: "Great for long trips. Lots of room with comfort."

Cons: "Highway gas mileage is 16-17 mpg as per EPA rating"

"Always serviced as recommended by owners manual. Everything works as well as new. A luxury vehicle that handles like a dream with the variable suspension. Most comfortable seats imaginable."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Lexus LX near Honolulu. See local deals