• Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2004 Lexus LX

9.7

Based on 116 Ratings for the 1998 - 2007 models.

The best SUV ever!

By on Friday, October 25, 2013

Pros: "quality in every aspect. Country club or cornfield"

Cons: "15MPG."

"This truck is 14 years old, with 284K miles. I love it! No rattles. Nice ride. Change oil every 6-7K miles and not a teaspoon of oil used between changes. I do tune-ups at 100K. After I get it detailed about once every year or 2, people ask if I bought a new car. I use this truck as it was meant to be used. A lot of highway miles, but also a lot of cornfield, timber, creek bed, mud and sand miles. The clamshell tailgate is the best as the bottom folds down and gives you something clean to sit on when changing boots in the field. I took out 3d row jumpseats after I was no longer hauling kids. The paint still shines. My wife keeps suggesting I ought to buy a newer truck. The new Lexus LX and GX were made for soccer moms. I can't afford the new LX and don't like its looks. Had a new GX as a 3d car for a while. HATED the tailgate. Got rid of it. This truck is solid as Gibralter and looks great and rides/handles great. If it falls apart tomorrow, it doesn't owe me a dime. Nonetheless, I think I will be inconsolable when I have to part with this truck. I should mention that after all these miles, the leather on drivers seat still looks great with no tears or rips."

200k miles - runs like it's brand new

By on Monday, August 29, 2011

Pros: "dependable. With 200k miles it runs like it's new."

Cons: "bad gas mileage"

"I love my lx470. It's a 1999 with 190k miles on it. I've owned it for 7 yrs. No problems at all. Just regular oil changes, etc. It still runs like it's brand new and I still get comments all the time from people who think it's new and love the looks/fit and finish. It's truly an amazing SUV."

Last One Over The Pass

By on Thursday, April 07, 2011

"On a couple of occasions I have been the last car to travel over Berthoud Pass before it was closed due to deep snow and whiteout conditions. My LX would go with no problem passing dozens of stuck, abandoned cars and trucks. The LX was so good it left me wondering why others were having so much trouble. The gearing is perfect for mountain driving. The low gears will climb a tree. The air suspension is awesome for towing, loading bikes, kayaks, or just allowing my aging Golden Retriever to jump in the back. 130K miles and no problems outside regular maintenance. It's built like a tank and weighs about as much as one, too. There's nowhere this thing can't go - Moab, Vail, Winter Park, etc., The LX goes."

OFFROAD CAPABLE, LUXURIOUS, DEPENDABLE IN ONE

By on Saturday, May 18, 2013

Pros: "Luxurious, safe, dependable and go anywhere SUV"

Cons: "MPG average. 16mpg like my V6."

"The LX470 has unbelievable offroad capabilities, stunning luxurious ride, very assuring safety and stability and indestructible dependability all in one amazing vehicle. I cannot call others SUV, call them just cars with their unibody/crossover structure. The LX is one of the few left with body on frame "the real thing" structure but still rides smoother, quieter and more comfortable than 99.9% of cars out there. You can go anywhere with it. Plush parties, rugged mountains, roadless stunning views only your family can experience because you have a highly capable vehicle, roads or no roads."

BUY ONE!!!! They are tanks!

By on Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Pros: "Great quality, very dependable."

Cons: "Gas mileage is not the best."

"We have owned three! Loved them all! No problems or issues! They still drive like new even after they have 100,000 miles! Amazing in the snow!!! Comfortable on long trips! Have owned Infiniti, BMW, and Land Rover. This vehicle blows all of them away!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Lexus LX near Honolulu. See local deals