• Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

1999 Lexus LX

9.7

Based on 113 Ratings for the 1998 - 2007 models.

The best SUV ever!

By on Friday, October 25, 2013

Pros: "quality in every aspect. Country club or cornfield"

Cons: "15MPG."

"This truck is 14 years old, with 284K miles. I love it! No rattles. Nice ride. Change oil every 6-7K miles and not a teaspoon of oil used between changes. I do tune-ups at 100K. After I get it detailed about once every year or 2, people ask if I bought a new car. I use this truck as it was meant to be used. A lot of highway miles, but also a lot of cornfield, timber, creek bed, mud and sand miles. The clamshell tailgate is the best as the bottom folds down and gives you something clean to sit on when changing boots in the field. I took out 3d row jumpseats after I was no longer hauling kids. The paint still shines. My wife keeps suggesting I ought to buy a newer truck. The new Lexus LX and GX were made for soccer moms. I can't afford the new LX and don't like its looks. Had a new GX as a 3d car for a while. HATED the tailgate. Got rid of it. This truck is solid as Gibralter and looks great and rides/handles great. If it falls apart tomorrow, it doesn't owe me a dime. Nonetheless, I think I will be inconsolable when I have to part with this truck. I should mention that after all these miles, the leather on drivers seat still looks great with no tears or rips."

The Best Car. EVER.

By on Thursday, July 11, 2013

"I have driven the LX470 for over 14 years...and this is the best vehicle i have ever owned. We refuse to get rid of her now...She is part of the family. The car has never broken down. ever. It just keeps going. She is in need of some body work and a paint job but we plan to keep her til she is rusted through."

Bullet proof...aren't broken until 250k miles

By on Saturday, June 29, 2013

Pros: "Best vehicle in it's class"

Cons: "Too expensive but still worth it."

"This is my third land cruiser actually it's a LX470 the same vehicle but has the Lexus badges. These may not be the best vehicles to drive (kinda of mushy and not the most get up and go) but by far the best vehicles on the road for quality and value and function. If you are looking for a family vehicle that gets you and all your family friends and ski gear to the mountains then look no farther."

OFFROAD CAPABLE, LUXURIOUS, DEPENDABLE IN ONE

By on Saturday, May 18, 2013

Pros: "Luxurious, safe, dependable and go anywhere SUV"

Cons: "MPG average. 16mpg like my V6."

"The LX470 has unbelievable offroad capabilities, stunning luxurious ride, very assuring safety and stability and indestructible dependability all in one amazing vehicle. I cannot call others SUV, call them just cars with their unibody/crossover structure. The LX is one of the few left with body on frame "the real thing" structure but still rides smoother, quieter and more comfortable than 99.9% of cars out there. You can go anywhere with it. Plush parties, rugged mountains, roadless stunning views only your family can experience because you have a highly capable vehicle, roads or no roads."

Tank

By on Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Pros: "Built like a tank"

Cons: "Hard to find one for sale"

"These are the best built most reliable vehicle on the road. Plus they look good. I've owned 4 over the years. Know of owners with 300-400- and even 500 thousand miles with no failures with only recommended service."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Lexus LX near Honolulu. See local deals