1999 Lexus LX

9.7

Based on 118 Ratings for the 1998 - 2007 models.

Worry-Free Vehicle

By on Tuesday, June 03, 2008

"The LX470 has been the most reliable vehicle we've ever owned! Before purchasing the LX470, we owned a BMW 540i and were constantly at the dealership having it serviced for this and that. The only time we have to visit the Lexus dealership is to have a maintenance check or to change the oil! Still looks like new even 5 years later! Best deal ever!"

Simply The Best

By on Monday, February 25, 2008

"Unquestionably, this is the best SUV on the road. I joke that Lexus invested in the drivetrain, suspension and engine rather than in cupholders. This is our 2nd Lexus SUV / 3rd LandCruiser (one was a Toyota) and we now consider them mandatory for living in the mountains of Colorado. (We also had a Range Rover which was HORRIBLE to maintain - the head finally cracked with only 67K miles! ) The Lexus is quiet, comfortable, safe and confident. If it wasn't for scheduled maintenance, this SUV would have never seen a mechanic. The AWD system is truly a lifesaver. The bigger 4.7 liter engine gets up and over mountain passes easily with a full load. While not as high powered as some US SUV's, I bet this one will be on the road twice as long. It's built better than any auto I have ever owned. No compromises on this one."

By on Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Yes, I'd Do It Again

By on Tuesday, January 01, 2008

"Lexus quality is everywhere in this SUV...Thanks for the Ride !"

Masterpiece of technology

By on Friday, August 31, 2007

"The finest (of many vehicles) that I have ever owned or driven. As surefooted and agile as a cat (given it's size), both on the road and off. When there is snow or ice, it is supremely competent. Plenty of power and presence, which I use to blast my way through Chicago traffic. The ultimate road trip vehicle!"

The best SUV ever!

By on Friday, October 25, 2013

Pros: "quality in every aspect. Country club or cornfield"

Cons: "15MPG."

"This truck is 14 years old, with 284K miles. I love it! No rattles. Nice ride. Change oil every 6-7K miles and not a teaspoon of oil used between changes. I do tune-ups at 100K. After I get it detailed about once every year or 2, people ask if I bought a new car. I use this truck as it was meant to be used. A lot of highway miles, but also a lot of cornfield, timber, creek bed, mud and sand miles. The clamshell tailgate is the best as the bottom folds down and gives you something clean to sit on when changing boots in the field. I took out 3d row jumpseats after I was no longer hauling kids. The paint still shines. My wife keeps suggesting I ought to buy a newer truck. The new Lexus LX and GX were made for soccer moms. I can't afford the new LX and don't like its looks. Had a new GX as a 3d car for a while. HATED the tailgate. Got rid of it. This truck is solid as Gibralter and looks great and rides/handles great. If it falls apart tomorrow, it doesn't owe me a dime. Nonetheless, I think I will be inconsolable when I have to part with this truck. I should mention that after all these miles, the leather on drivers seat still looks great with no tears or rips."

The Best Car. EVER.

By on Thursday, July 11, 2013

"I have driven the LX470 for over 14 years...and this is the best vehicle i have ever owned. We refuse to get rid of her now...She is part of the family. The car has never broken down. ever. It just keeps going. She is in need of some body work and a paint job but we plan to keep her til she is rusted through."

Awesome value in a used car

By on Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Pros: "Reliable, durable, looks new after 11 years."

Cons: "None."

"I purchased my 2001 a few years old to save on depreciation. I have it serviced at the recommended intervals and have not had one problem. At 11 years old the truck still looks brand new and runs great. Very good quality."

BUY ONE!!!! They are tanks!

By on Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Pros: "Great quality, very dependable."

Cons: "Gas mileage is not the best."

"We have owned three! Loved them all! No problems or issues! They still drive like new even after they have 100,000 miles! Amazing in the snow!!! Comfortable on long trips! Have owned Infiniti, BMW, and Land Rover. This vehicle blows all of them away!"

200k miles - runs like it's brand new

By on Monday, August 29, 2011

Pros: "dependable. With 200k miles it runs like it's new."

Cons: "bad gas mileage"

"I love my lx470. It's a 1999 with 190k miles on it. I've owned it for 7 yrs. No problems at all. Just regular oil changes, etc. It still runs like it's brand new and I still get comments all the time from people who think it's new and love the looks/fit and finish. It's truly an amazing SUV."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Lexus LX near Honolulu. See local deals