1998 Lexus LX

9.7

Based on 118 Ratings for the 1998 - 2007 models.

9.8/10

BUY ONE!!!! They are tanks!

By on Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Pros: "Great quality, very dependable."

Cons: "Gas mileage is not the best."

"We have owned three! Loved them all! No problems or issues! They still drive like new even after they have 100,000 miles! Amazing in the snow!!! Comfortable on long trips! Have owned Infiniti, BMW, and Land Rover. This vehicle blows all of them away!"

200k miles - runs like it's brand new

By on Monday, August 29, 2011

Pros: "dependable. With 200k miles it runs like it's new."

Cons: "bad gas mileage"

"I love my lx470. It's a 1999 with 190k miles on it. I've owned it for 7 yrs. No problems at all. Just regular oil changes, etc. It still runs like it's brand new and I still get comments all the time from people who think it's new and love the looks/fit and finish. It's truly an amazing SUV."

Last One Over The Pass

By on Thursday, April 7, 2011

"On a couple of occasions I have been the last car to travel over Berthoud Pass before it was closed due to deep snow and whiteout conditions. My LX would go with no problem passing dozens of stuck, abandoned cars and trucks. The LX was so good it left me wondering why others were having so much trouble. The gearing is perfect for mountain driving. The low gears will climb a tree. The air suspension is awesome for towing, loading bikes, kayaks, or just allowing my aging Golden Retriever to jump in the back. 130K miles and no problems outside regular maintenance. It's built like a tank and weighs about as much as one, too. There's nowhere this thing can't go - Moab, Vail, Winter Park, etc., The LX goes."

Best SUV! Can't wait to buy a new one.

By on Monday, October 17, 2011

Pros: "Can seat 7 comfortably with cargo space."

Cons: "NONE"

"I've owned my Lexus LX470 for almost 12 years. I've never owned a car this long, but I haven't been able to convince my husband to buy me a new one. It is the most reliable car we have ever owned!"

2005 LX 470

By on Friday, January 15, 2010

"I will say this about the LX 470, it is a true and tested family flagship that you can depend on no matter what the weather or driving conditions. I had a 2003 Limited Toyota 4Runner 4WD prior and this blows that away. Lexus knows how to build a superior product to the competition. I have driven through mud, snow, rain steep hills pulling a fully loaded trailer and this thing has continued to rise to the occassion. The Terminator of SUV's, this thing can't be stopped. If you want quality and dependability get one of these. My family loves it and the kids always want to ride in it. Yokohama Geolander tires compliment this Japaneese vehicle very nicely and are great on and off road. I had Dunlop tires when I first bought it and they were very sloppy in the rain and I had to reduce speed to maintain control. Now I have no problems with the Yokohama tires. Japaneese tires for a Japaneese vehicle-you wont go wrong. My only complaint is the GPS navigation, it is a bit quirky to use and has a safety feature that won't allow it to be used while driving. My wife usually is the passenger and will operate the GPS but is not able to so we use our TOM-TOM instead. I heard you can have the safety feature disengaged so we will look into that and a Navigation update. Again this thing is tough as nails and sylish at the same time. The big differnce between it and the Toyota Landcruiser is the Lexus has a more luxurious feel and just looks better all around. Oh the ride is much smoother. You can definately tell a differnce with the ride in the 470 v.s. the Landcruiser. Get the LX 470 and not the LX 570 it may have more power but the changes have made it lacking in many other areas. People are going out of their way to get the old 470 over the 570 for this very reason. Trust me on the tires, get Yokohama Geolander-Toyota carries them as well as Lexus. See who will give you the best deal."

Tank

By on Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Pros: "Built like a tank"

Cons: "Hard to find one for sale"

"These are the best built most reliable vehicle on the road. Plus they look good. I've owned 4 over the years. Know of owners with 300-400- and even 500 thousand miles with no failures with only recommended service."

OFFROAD CAPABLE, LUXURIOUS, DEPENDABLE IN ONE

By on Saturday, May 18, 2013

Pros: "Luxurious, safe, dependable and go anywhere SUV"

Cons: "MPG average. 16mpg like my V6."

"The LX470 has unbelievable offroad capabilities, stunning luxurious ride, very assuring safety and stability and indestructible dependability all in one amazing vehicle. I cannot call others SUV, call them just cars with their unibody/crossover structure. The LX is one of the few left with body on frame "the real thing" structure but still rides smoother, quieter and more comfortable than 99.9% of cars out there. You can go anywhere with it. Plush parties, rugged mountains, roadless stunning views only your family can experience because you have a highly capable vehicle, roads or no roads."

Best truck that I have ever owned

By on Saturday, August 16, 2014

Pros: "Take a trip over 500 daily not tired at all"

Cons: "Gas millage is not for faint at heart"

"I bought this Lexus LX470 in Aug 06 with 60,000 miles on vehicle. I now have just under 200,000 miles on truck and find this truck a pleasure to drive. I know that gas millage is not great however the ride is fantastic When we had a snow storm last winter in Alabama My LX 470 was one of the only trucks on the road that kept on going. I do change oil ever 4000 miles and have major timing belts and water pumps change ever 100,000 miles as recommended by manufacture. I have replaced radiator at 175,000 miles. When this engine goes out I will replace it with a rebuilt crate 4.7 Interior looks like showroom condition. All electric windows radio And both front & rear AC are original NO complaints Lexus motor division did their homework well when they made this SUV"

I LOVE THIS CAR!!

By on Monday, January 13, 2014

Pros: "BEST CAR EVER!!!!!"

Cons: "THERE ARE NO CONS"

"THIS HAS BEEN THE BEST VEHICLE I HAVE OWNED. I BOUGHT THE SAME MODEL-LX470 IN 1999. I LOVED IT SO MUCH THAT IN 2005 I BOUGHT ANOTHER ONE. I STILL HAVE IT AND IT HAS 213,000 MILES ON IT. NOT SURE IF HUBBY WILL AGREE TO ANOTHER ONE NEXT TIME AROUND BUT ANYONE WHO GETS THIS CAR WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED. AFTER SO MANY YEARS OF DRIVING IT I AM HAPPY TO SAY THAT I AM AN EXPERT. MY HUSBAND SAYS I DRIVE IT LIKE A SPORTS CAR. LOL!"

The Best SUV Ever

By on Tuesday, September 29, 2009

"Bought this vehicle used with 42,000 miles and now has 112,000 after seven years of ownership. Zero defect and never a problem ! Test drove the LX570 and very tempted to buy a new one but can't get rid of this one yet.....still has another 100k to go (at least)."

Great and comfortable 4 wheel drive Lexus

By on Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Pros: "Great SUV."

"This has been a wonderful SUV! My husband commuting for 4 years and put a lot of miles on it. We had a new transmission several years ago. He can no longer drive so we are selling it. It has been well maintained."

One owner. Excellent car.

By on Friday, January 10, 2014

Pros: "Great for long trips. Lots of room with comfort."

Cons: "Highway gas mileage is 16-17 mpg as per EPA rating"

"Always serviced as recommended by owners manual. Everything works as well as new. A luxury vehicle that handles like a dream with the variable suspension. Most comfortable seats imaginable."

Bullet proof...aren't broken until 250k miles

By on Saturday, June 29, 2013

Pros: "Best vehicle in it's class"

Cons: "Too expensive but still worth it."

"This is my third land cruiser actually it's a LX470 the same vehicle but has the Lexus badges. These may not be the best vehicles to drive (kinda of mushy and not the most get up and go) but by far the best vehicles on the road for quality and value and function. If you are looking for a family vehicle that gets you and all your family friends and ski gear to the mountains then look no farther."

By on Monday, February 14, 2011

"had this car for over 10 years, thing has been amazing. it has gotten me thru mud, deep snow, rain, you name it, without fail. comfortable ride and sits multiple passengers comfortably. truck now has 130,000 miles and still drives amazing."

Fantastic low maintainence car

By on Friday, September 26, 2014

Pros: "dependable"

Cons: "luxury feel not that sporty"

"I purchased this new and a Chevy Yukon at the same time.... Lexus running strong with minimal issues.... Chevy 3 transmissions, rear end, window mechanisms, problems problems..... and in junkyard now!"

Trustworthy Tank

By on Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Pros: "Everything except gas mileage"

Cons: "Low gas mileage on premium fuel only"

"Anyone you talk to whose owned a Land Cruiser aka Lexus LX470 will tell you it's one of the best machines they've ever owned. Safe, reliable, comfortable, tough, work horse."

Best vehicle ever own. It's the smoothest driver.

By on Thursday, January 15, 2015

Pros: "I never get bored driving it."

Cons: "Not much room for 3rd row seats and trunk. Low mpg"

"This is a very powerful suv. You will not regret owning and driving it. It is simply the best and most reliable suv."

Top 10 SUV from the past 15yrs

By on Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Pros: "same handling in any condition, turning radius"

Cons: "Brakes/Rotors are hard-core - need srvc bit more"

"169K with basically routine maintenance only. Would not abandon it unless there were transmission or major engine issues. With maintenance reviews of other SUV's from 1999 it would cost approximately 7K more to have bought this car in 1999 vs. other SUV's available at the time. Quality...planning to go another 40K before I buy another. Note: This is pre-LATCH system for car seats, which is a bit of a pain (takes 10min to get it right vs. 30sec)."

My Third Perfect LX 470

By on Thursday, July 23, 2015

Pros: "PERFECT, RELIABLE, DOE IT ALL - TOUGH & CLASSY"

Cons: "NONE"

"I owned a Land Crusier prior to purchasing my first LX470. I currently own my third LX 470 so since 1999 I have driving the same platform built by Toyota/Lexus. I have been looking for my fourth LX 470 replacement in the used market but just can't find a low mileage 2007/08 model year. This vehicle is so versatile it has been comfortable performing in every role I have asked of it over 16 years. I just can't love this truck enough- it is an awesome luxury vehicle, daily driver, 1000 mile + road trips with the family loaded down, towing 5-6000 lbs trailers, regularly hauling materials out the tailgate, 4 wheeling in the mountains or beach, comfortable for 6-8 adults and children, great foul weather vehicle. There is no roll this vehicle has not stepped up to perform for me over the years. If you complete your regular maintenance even as she gets older this car will never let you down while on the road. It is so reliable I am passing my second one with over 200k miles and never have had a warranty issue other than normal scheduled maintenance up until recently at 190k I had to have an air sensor an my speedo fixed. Most people think the car is only a few years old because the paint on these cars is flawless if maintained and the interior wears fantastically again if you maintain your vehicle properly. I wish I could get another one exactly like the one I own. I am not certain I like the styling and specs of the new 570 platform so I am in a wait and see on the decision to replace my current LX."

11 years later and I still LOVE ths car.

By on Monday, December 15, 2014

Pros: "Comfort"

Cons: "Gas Mileage"

"This car is the closest thing to flying on the freeway."

The car is immaculate-well maintained and garaged

By on Saturday, March 15, 2014

Pros: "This is a luxury RV. It's a Lexus,that says it all"

"The car is in perfect shape. We hate to have to sell it. We just had it detailed, which is something we do annually. And we had all the leather reconditioned. It looks fantastic. We just purchased a Motor-home and needed a smaller tow car which made this vehicle available. If it wasn't for that we would not be selling it."

15 year old LX still going strong

By on Monday, October 6, 2014

Pros: "Quality inside and out. Smooth, and quite"

Cons: "Stopped making 470."

"My families 99 LX 470 still looks brand new inside and out after 15 years and 220,000 miles. Regularly maintained and drives like it did the day we drove it off the lot. Passing vehicle down to our 2nd oldest in high school and expect to pass it down to the next two kids as well. Great snow vehicle and plan on getting back the LX and keeping after all of the kids head off to college."

Unbelievably solid good running dependable car.

By on Monday, May 25, 2015

Pros: "TO DRIVE IT IS TO LOVE IT. I'm going to move."

Cons: "Will need 4 tires in about 8-10,000 miles"

"THIS CAR HAS GOOD OUTSIDE PAINT, it is good for another 80,000 miles easy. Has two take out seats in cargo making it a 7 seater. Tape deck and CD player work well. Excellent air Conditioning. HAS NEVER BEEN USED IN WINTER MONTHS. LAST NINE YEARS IT WAS ONLY USED Five MONTHS every SUMMER IN SARATOGA SPRINGS."

Ever Reliable

By on Monday, October 6, 2014

Pros: "Excellent ride, reliably formidable behemoth."

Cons: "Not recommended for MPG worrier."

"I was the second owner when I bought this SUV. I own a 1995 Land Cruiser that's why I bought Toyota's luxury equivalent. Never had any real problem with this vehicle, takes me to work and brings me home even when the 'check engine' light comes on (usually switch problems, nothing really major, so far). I know about it's mileage so I don't really mind (if you're buying this type of vehicle, you should know off hand) unless you'll get the hybrid type. I have loaded in about 150K miles and still rides smooth and quiet. California to Mt. Rushmore, Rockies in Colorado, high altitude in Utah and back to sunny California, no sweat. Same with my Landcruiser, and I still have both trucks! I'm checking who'll give in first, my trucks or my joy in driving them. And I'm getting ready to buy another LX thereby handing down the Landcruiser to my teenage son. Watch out Landcruiser, you'll be in for a rough ride."

Best car I have ever owned.

By on Monday, March 16, 2015

"Love this car. Love it! I have owned it for 15 years. I have never kept a car for this long ever. It has been so reliable and safe. I was able to drive this car down a mountain when everyone else was stuck and snowed in. Super safe in bad weather. So solid that it lifted the AAA tow truck off the ground and they had to get a flat bed to tow me. Tons of room. I have two golden retrievers, skis, golf clubs you name it. I can make it all fit."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Lexus LX near Honolulu. See local deals