1997 Lexus LX

Based on 32 Ratings for the 1996 - 1997 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

Long Lasting

By on Sunday, January 20, 2008

"As noted in other reviews, this car is will last you forever. Purchased it used in 2001 with 65000. Now it has 136K and is still running strong. It will out tow my friends Expedition. My wife was hit in this vehicle by a new GMC truck a few years ago...Lexus 1, truck 0. Did little to our LX450, but totaled the truck. This thing is a tank. The only downside is MPG...about 13 or 14 MPG with moderate driving."

Wish I could get another newer one!!!

By on Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Pros: "Big engine, RELIABLE, keeps running, FUN TO DRIVE."

Cons: "On the slower side of acceleration."

"My dad first bought this car for me on my 16th birthday, and im now almost 18. This car is so great. Anything from off roading, to steap hillsides, to LOTS of highway driving. I wish they made newer ones, I'd SO buy it! I've had no problems what-so-ever with the engine. I was though, unaware that the oil had to be changed every so miles... oops! Love this car so much!!"

TopGun

By on Wednesday, September 12, 2007

"The best! Class, style and rugged. I have the 6 cyl. I use the power button all the time, except on the highway. With my Valentine One, cruise.....Smooth riding with no road noise. Exceptional roadview and towing compacity. Michelin tires look great and are exceptional in the rain and San Antonio flood zones. Parts water like divine intervention. Water-tight! Plenty of room with fold-up rear seats. Very soft leather. Compliments from all, including Lexus mechanics. Great value!"

In Need Of more Power

By on Tuesday, February 17, 2009

"This SUV feels heavy when trying to get up to speed, the engine sounds like it struggles. While there is a lot of room the SUV´s suspension is a little stiff. It´s reliable but has horrible gas consumption."

horrible mileage

By on Tuesday, July 1, 2008

"Got this vehicle in March 07 at 125000 miles. Now has 138000 miles. Transmission still going strong. Engine is one of the greatest if only it had the gas mileage of a real 6-cylinder. Overall i would recommend this vehicle to anyone looking to buy it. Only 4 starts because of gas mileage."

A solid SUV

By on Friday, March 14, 2008

"I've had the LX 450 for almost 10 years and love it . It does eat a lot of gas, but nothing like my new Tundra. The positives of this vehicle could go on. The only negatives I have would be lack of 'get-up and go' and the front cabin space is a bit tight. Outside of those two issues the LX450 is a great SUV!"

Best Luxury SUV

By on Friday, April 8, 2011

"Bought it used with 150k and have never had any problems with it. I was debating between the Land Cruiser/LX450 or a Range Rover. Although more expensive to buy upfront, the overall ownership costs are lower than other same class luxury SUVs like Range Rover. I also have to say that I really don't understand people complaining on here about the MPG rating of this vehicle. The EPA rated it as 13 MPG city and 15 highway. You should have expected to get that mileage. If your MPG are within that range then I think you have no right to complain."

tough truck

By on Saturday, March 29, 2008

"I tried to tell my wife this was a "truck" and she agreed after driving it. She loves it, and we have owned it for 8 years now. Bought it 3 yrs old with 30k miles, now it has 168k miles. The front brakes are probably the weak point, dealer pads were only lasting 20k miles. After market pads are now lasting 40k. Agree with other reviewers - doesn't need repairs often, but they are really expensive when it does. Gas mileage is around 13, with best of about 16 on the road."

Excellent Vehicle

By on Tuesday, November 6, 2007

"We purchased this car in 2001 with 50,000 miles on it. This thing was loaded and my wife wanted it right then. This has been the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned. We change the fluids and get the recommended service but other than that we have not put another penny into this car. The only problem that I can find is that the V-6 is not very powerful. I tried to tow my boat one time and the last time. My wife plans to drive this car until it reaches 200k."

Great Weekend Car

By on Friday, April 9, 2010

"I've owned it for over 10 years. Due to gas mileage, not an everyday car, but great for moving and weekend trips. Breaks do wear out from moutain descent and few minor problems, but mostly reliable. Due to weight and engine size performance isn't great."

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next
Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Lexus LX near Honolulu. See local deals