1997 Lexus LX

Based on 31 Ratings for the 1996 - 1997 models.

Best Luxury SUV

By on Friday, April 08, 2011

"Bought it used with 150k and have never had any problems with it. I was debating between the Land Cruiser/LX450 or a Range Rover. Although more expensive to buy upfront, the overall ownership costs are lower than other same class luxury SUVs like Range Rover. I also have to say that I really don't understand people complaining on here about the MPG rating of this vehicle. The EPA rated it as 13 MPG city and 15 highway. You should have expected to get that mileage. If your MPG are within that range then I think you have no right to complain."

Great Weekend Car

By on Friday, April 09, 2010

"I've owned it for over 10 years. Due to gas mileage, not an everyday car, but great for moving and weekend trips. Breaks do wear out from moutain descent and few minor problems, but mostly reliable. Due to weight and engine size performance isn't great."

Comfortable & Reliable, but a gas hog

By on Monday, January 31, 2011

"Very comfy leather seats, smooth ride, great offroad performance, great in snow & ice. No major problems mechanically. However- I get only 12 or 13 mi to the gallon."

TopGun

By on Wednesday, September 12, 2007

"The best! Class, style and rugged. I have the 6 cyl. I use the power button all the time, except on the highway. With my Valentine One, cruise.....Smooth riding with no road noise. Exceptional roadview and towing compacity. Michelin tires look great and are exceptional in the rain and San Antonio flood zones. Parts water like divine intervention. Water-tight! Plenty of room with fold-up rear seats. Very soft leather. Compliments from all, including Lexus mechanics. Great value!"

Best Car I've ever owned!

By on Tuesday, September 11, 2007

"I have over 224,000 miles on my Lexus and I've never had any trouble with it! Because of the weight of the vehicle, I change brake pads more often than typical, most likely, but other than that, I couldn't recommend this car enough. It's one of the biggest expenses I've ever had and it was well worth it!!!!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Lexus LX near Honolulu. See local deals