• 2014 Small Luxury Sport Sedans

2013 Lexus LS Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $63,529 - $66,341.

7.0

Based on 5 Ratings for the 2013 - 2014 models.

6.4/10
    7.2/10
    7.2/10
    7.4/10

This car is over ated with ESseats.

By on Friday, March 07, 2014

Pros: "Levinson"

Cons: "heat A/C Vv ystem its APPPs Lexus Enform is a joke"

"This is a highy overratd car with ES seats and poor visibility and horrible fuel mileage. When head lights are placed on in maual mode the car will not turn them off just sound a loud buxxer telling me to do it. Thanks for the lury I have been driving this brand since 1994 with GS' and RX's and LS's.I will look elsewhere next time. This is an 82K flop. IF you really want one check it out very well and do not listen to the hype"

A/C Unresolved Problem

By on Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Pros: "Quiet, elegant and roomy"

Cons: "Horrible A/C"

"This is my second LS 460. My first was owned for 6 years without a problem. This vehicle has had a problem with the A/C system from the get-go whereby it has a horrible odor when the vehicle is started (Reminiscent of the Seinfeld episode titled "The Beast"). I have had the vehicle in for service 3 times and the vehicle has only 900 miles. The service department has been unable to correct the problem and states that Lexus Corporately does not have a "fix" (solution) for the dealers to use to repair the issue. Therefore, the dealer is trying various solutions such as changing a/c filters, ozone, antibacterial mists, and line flushing with no avail. When I asked the service department to replace the entire a/c system (condenser, evaporator, compressor, lines, coolant, etc), they stated that they would not be able to because it would not be an authorized fix by Lexus corporately and would not be covered under warranty. I spoke to the General Manager of the dealership today who gave me a very discomforting answer. He stated that the dealership only sells the cars and services the cars but does not manufacture the cars. He stated that the best solution he could have from his level would be to buy the car back from me, at a price less than I paid, and sell me a new vehicle. Unfortunately, I purchased a 2013 at the end of the model year and now only 2014's are available which means that the 2013's have depreciated and the 2014's are not being discounted which would require that I come out of pocket many, many thousands of dollars to use his solution. It is quite disturbing that I am caught between a rock and a hard-place because the dealer is pointing fingers at the manufacturer but there is no way to deal with the manufacturer when purchasing a vehicle. Florida has a Lemon Law but the General Manager is stating that this would not apply as the problem is not mechanical; it is considered "cosmetic". I did not notice the problem with the vehicle upon the first test drive because the vehicle is brought around by someone and by the time the test drive is taken the odor disappears. While the odor goes away after a couple of minutes of using the a/c, the initial odor is horrific to the point that a client I was taking last Sunday asked me if I had neglected to use antiperspirant/deodorant. This is not what I was expecting when purchasing an $80,000 vehicle."

Exceeds expectations

By on Wednesday, August 21, 2013

"Looking for a perfect vehicle? This is it. Ride exceptional, power good (even with AWD), fit and finish perfect. Hated buying new car at premium price but it's been worth it. You can't go wrong. Have had Mercedes S500. Cabin in LS much quieter and don't have to continually fix annoying (and expensive) problems."

Good car for the Price

By on Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Pros: "Nice GPS, Button start, app selection"

Cons: "Too many buttons make the dash messy."

"Had it for a few months now, I am very impressed with the car, drives very well, sporty yet has some smoothness. It's very responsive. Nice size engine, smooth transmission, silent cabin. The stereo is pretty good and rivals some after market systems and has some apps. The interior is very nice, one of the best I've seen, BUT too many buttons. If they could somehow hid half of them, I would have given it a 10/10, they just take away from the interior beauty. Cons Homelink did not work- nothing to do with the car, I found out I had a one-off garage opener, happened on my other car too. Not a huge fan of the duel wood/leather steering wheel. Can't say much about reliability since I haven't owned it for that long, but seems like it is very well built."

Sporty elegance

By on Tuesday, May 14, 2013

"LS460 F Sport I absolutely love this Lexus. A friend said it was a perfect car-I agree. Quiet, comfortable and sporty all in one-what's not to like. I think if you take a test drive you will agree-make sure it is the F Sport"