• Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2012 Lexus LS

9.3

Based on 146 Ratings for the 2007 - 2012 models.

Excellent luxury sedan

By on Saturday, February 09, 2008

"I just bought my dream car after narrowing my search to an Audi A8 L, Lexus 460 and Mercedes S550 4matic. The Lexus is everything I wanted and more. For the price you can't beat the quality. I got this car $3,000 less than what Kelly Blue Book stated most folks are paying. It happened to be the end of the month and sales were down drastically. The dealer only had two 460's left on the lot. The base 460 has plenty of room in the front and back. No need to buy the L version for 10,000 more unless you have your own personal driver. I am a tall person and I fit in the car comfortably in the back and front with ease. The navigation system is much better than the Mercedes and Audi. Easy to use. The Satelite Radio is fabulous! The Parking Assist System is not that easy to use. You can park the car quicker yourself then setting the self park. This car is a great value compared to the BMW 750, Audi L8 and definitely the Mercedes. My only worry is how the car will handle in 2 inches of snow or more. My 97 infiniti Q45 was awful in the snow. Although the Lexus has a snow mode and traction control, does anyone have experience with this car in a snow storm? This was my one hesitation in buying this car verses the all wheel drive cars mentioned for the money."

Excellant Luxury Auto

By on Friday, February 15, 2008

"The car is what a luxury vehicle is all about. The big three should buy one and find out what it takes to build a great car. Quite with outstanding fit and trim. Hwy mpg at 28 and extremely comfortable. The radio upgrade is well worth the money. Download all your best music. The bluetooth phone quality is the best I ever heard. The car is absolutety amazing. The only one down fall is that the brakes tend to grab a touch."

Fanstatic Vehicle

By on Tuesday, March 31, 2009

"I recently bought a 2008 Lexus LS460, moving from a Mercedes S500 that I owned for several years. I'm delighted with this vehicle. The ride, performance, and comfort are unsurpassed. While I've only driven the vehicle for ~12K miles, I suspect that the reliability will far surpass the Mercedes. (The local Mercedes mechanic and I were on a first name basis after so much R&R (repair and replace) for the S500.) If you're looking for a "sporty" BMW drive, you might be disappointed. On the other hand, if you're looking for a refined and comfortable ride (there are no quieter vehicles), then look no farther than the Lexus LS460. An added bonus: I've obtained 31+ mpg on highway driving on many occasions with 23-24 mpg in the city not uncommon. Test drive the car...you can't beat the value or the ride. This is, simply put, the best vehicle I have every owned."

value for money

By on Friday, February 17, 2012

Pros: "value for money"

"After owning 2 "S" class Mercedes this is a breath of fresh air. So comfortable and reliable compared to the hard and troublesome Mercs.."

Best of three LSs

By on Friday, July 13, 2012

Pros: "Power, interior room, quality"

Cons: "Noisy idle, slow touchscreen"

"This is my third LS, after a 2001 and 2004. Mine is a 2010 LS460L AWD. First the bad: 1) Engine is noisy at idle, almost diesel-like. Told it is because of high-pressure direct injection. My earlier models were nearly silent at idle. 2) Navigation/phone/music touch screen is very slow to react to touch input. 3) Verbal command of phone/nav/climate control is inaccurate, as always. Now the good: 1) Lots more horsepower and torque without much drop in all-around MPG. (I got 20 MPG on earlier LS430s, and I get 19 MPG on this LS460.) 2) Adjustable suspension really works and makes a huge difference in ride quality from soft to sporty. 3) Hands-free parking really works, but practice is necessary to do it as quickly as required to avoid holding up traffic. Dealer service is fantastic, but all I've ever needed for three cars is one rearview camera replaced, and one driver window gasket replaced, all under warranty in one day. All other service has been scheduled maintenance with a loaner car. Not bad for 250,000 total miles in LSs."

One of the finest vehicles I've owned. PERIOD!

By on Thursday, October 17, 2013

Pros: "Luxury, Performance, Comfort, Style and RELIABILIT"

2007 Lexus LS460 Delivery

"I have owned my 2007 Lexus LS460 for 2 years now, and still marvel at the engineering, comfort and overall EXCELLENT driving experience/performance that this "Top of the line" Lexus has to offer. It took me 3 years to find just the right color, milage and condition I wanted and I could not have made a better choice for my first "BIG" time luxury car! The interior is pure elegance, while the performance and gas milage is exceptional. The drive is ultra quiet and the GPS/sound system round out the creature comforts. I'm completely satisified and proud to own such a well engineered automobile!"

2007 Lexus LS460 Delivery

Best Auto on the Road!

By on Friday, August 26, 2011

Pros: "they are so good, consider a certified Pre owned."

Cons: "Truck lid makes organizing seem small"

"I have owned 3 LS Models and driven each to 100K mileage without a repair. Most enjoyable car to driver of all time. Biggest pluses; quiet, fast and comfortable."

Best car ever!!!

By on Thursday, March 29, 2012

Pros: "Everythyng"

"If you don't like this car, you don't like yourself."

Very smooth (not tight) ride. All Quality.

By on Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Pros: "Exceptional quality. Great value retention."

Cons: "None."

"The ride is like being on a cloud. If you like a tight feel, like a BMW or Mercedes, buy one of those. Everything reeks of quality. This car loves to go 75 to 80 mph. At those speeds, I usually get over 29.5 mph!"

outstanding

By on Saturday, August 25, 2007

"I bought this car to take me to my weekend home in Vegas...250 miles each way never felt so good...fast enough and very comfortable...the features are amazing and I find out more of what the car is capable on each trip...the nav system is great and the seats are wonderful...a little floaty but otherwise a great car"