• Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2011 Lexus LS

9.3

Based on 146 Ratings for the 2007 - 2012 models.

Best value for the money, Reliability is Very Good

By on Monday, February 13, 2012

Pros: "all around great car"

Cons: "none come to mind"

"Only back to the dealer for oil changes and 20,000 mile service which was reasonable. If you want a luxurious vehicle and do not want to pay a lot of money, the base LS 460 is the car for you. Enjoy the ride."

great car

By on Wednesday, February 08, 2012

"I looked at S class, 7 series, etc. This car has everything, drives great, and never lets me down the way past German cars have. I will buy this same car again in a few years!"

I just want to keep driving it!

By on Thursday, January 26, 2012

Pros: "a true ultra luxury ride."

"I love this car and everything about it. I usually get a different car every 2 or 3 years. However I am not sure I will be able to find a car that I like better than this one. Maybe I will just get a different color. HA! I have ownd Infiniti Mercedes Acura and BMW. I have not owned an Audi yet however I am sure it would not ride as beautiful as this car."

Its the best car i even owned

By on Monday, November 15, 2010

"This is my 2nd Lexus, traded in my GS 350 AWD to LS 460 L AWD. Its not as fast as GS but it still got lot of punch. Super Comfortable and ride is very quiet and steady. Levinston surround sound system is the best,navigation system is great. Nothing wrong with this car,"

Best car i ever owned

By on Wednesday, June 17, 2009

"This is my 3rd Ls that i have owned, i thought my first two were great cars but this one is much better that the other cars. The navigation system and mark levenson sound system with hard drive is amazing!"

The best of the best

By on Wednesday, October 22, 2008

"How could anyone not love this car. Comfort,acceleration, looks, quiteness and best of all, the price. Mine averages 29MPH on the highway. BMW, Mercedes and Audi don't hold a candle to it. I owned a LS430 before it and also a SC 430. I am a Lexus fan."

BEST ROAD AUTO EVER !

By on Tuesday, May 06, 2014

Pros: "Quiet, luxurious comfort with V8 power"

Cons: "Handling, expensive maintenance"

"For comfort and luxury on long distance sojourns nothing I've driven comes close. Acquired my LS460L with 17K on it. I was able to buy it for less than $1000 more than the regular length body was retailing for-while the L option isn't worth the initial cost it's been worth the little extra I paid. Quiet, responsive V8 engine, smooth ride. It's expensive to maintain, but what car of size isnt these days ? It isnt going to run a slalom course in record time, but will get you from here to a distant there as comfortably as it can be done ! Highway mileage is 28/gallon !"

quality vehicle

By on Wednesday, April 02, 2014

"My 3rd LS. The first 2 met all my expectations. However, this model had wind noise issues in the front windshield posts which they were unable to correct. this was very disappointing."

Outstanding car! Great quality, smooth, powerful,

By on Saturday, August 10, 2013

Pros: "Quiet, Quality, smooth, drive train"

"extremely quiet, very refined."

best car ever!!!

By on Sunday, February 19, 2012

Pros: "all"

"This car is fantastic!!!!!"

all around great touring car, trunk space to small

By on Thursday, January 19, 2012

Pros: "great car and ride, to costly for the trouble."

Cons: "small trunk, too much trouble,see below."

"first year had two failures,hard drive crashed in a snow storm on ohio business,trip-lost five days. Also had a second failure on another business; the air compressor for the air shocks broke, had to drive 700 miles without shocks, like riding on a skate board. my first lexus was in 1989, had five since up to this one. I used to brag about how I have not seen a mechanic since 1989.I always had the better class of car, the 400 series, then I got this LS600hL, and started seeing your mechanics, plus this car lost resale value more than all my previous lexus's.Where do we go from here? LEXUS PLEASE REPLY."

Best car I have owned

By on Friday, January 13, 2012

Pros: "Fuel economy, overall quality, pleasure to drive"

"The most noteworthy aspect is the fact that everything works as designed. Seat heat/cool, controls, sound all meet expectations and more. Handling, for such a large car is amazing and I am a very demanding driver. Acceleration is generous and the suspension is surprisingly good. My last car was a CL 65, I was expecting to be Highly disappointed with, well, everything in my next car. The truth is the Lexus is so polished it was like an oasis in comparison."

Best auto ever owned or driven

By on Monday, November 21, 2011

Pros: "Holds the road and fun to drive"

"I traded in a 1998 LS 400. (Still upsetting)it had 150,000 mile, did have regular oil changes and put 3 sets of windshield wipers. First question to Lexus salesman was "when I hold down my unlock will my windows still go down?" Not that I would have dropped the Lexus replacement idea. Fun to drive, 80 MPH is the favorite cruising speed on this 2008. No compaints just wish I could afford 7 colors, one for each day of the week. Have had a Corvette and a 911 but no comparison."

Highest residual value

By on Tuesday, September 21, 2010

"This is a great car. the handling and styling on this car are second to none. I cant drive this car without heads turning. If you are debating on getting this car, buy it. For the past 8 years their is not another car on the road that carries the value of this car. The highest residual of any car today!. Guys its the flagship of all sedans. I have driven the Mercedes and BMW and they don't compare."

VERY NICE CAR.

By on Friday, July 11, 2008

"I purchased a 2008 LS460 with the Levinson stero and Nav option, and I am convinced that I could not have made a better choice. the car is hands down the most comfortable car I have ever sat in. The stereo is also the clearest and most accurate sound system in the auto industry. If you have the desire for the ultimate luxury car under $150k, Lexus LS460!"

Quality and Reliability for Less Money

By on Sunday, April 13, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, quiet under way, powerful, roomy"

Cons: "18-19 mpg overall, noisy at idle, plain styling"

"This is my third Lexus LS, after a 2001 and 2004. I, my friends or my relatives have owned, and I have driven their, S-Class and E-Class Mercedes-Benz; 5-Series and 7-Series BMW; Jaguar XJ; and Audi A8, A7, and A6. I owned two Mercedes before switching to Lexus. All nice cars, but what I need most is a luxury car that never breaks, and the LS has come closest by far. The 2001 and 2004, essentially that same car with a face-lift, were much quieter but did not offer the long wheelbase. Try it, and your friends and colleagues will never let you go back to the shorter wheelbase. The 2010 direct injection motor is noisy at idle but generates much more horsepower and torque. Turn off the traction control and stability control (how did we ever safely drive a car before these inventions?), put the transmission in "Power" and the suspension in "Sport," and the car can hustle. Reviewers never seem to tweak the car in this way, but it changes the character of the sedan. The interior (black aniline leather, Alcantara headliner) looks fantastic even after 95,000 miles of daily commuting. Rear seat passengers love the power screens on the rear passenger windows and rear window when the sun is out in summer. No trying to find the tiny hook by hand. All the systems - Bluetooth phone, satellite radio, CD/DVD player (and yes, you can watch DVD movies with fantastic Mark Levinson sound on the media screen when the car is in not in drive, but why would you?), navigation, voice command - have been flawless. In fact, of the three LSs there has been only one component failure: the back-up camera in the 2004 failed and was replaced under warranty in one day. My friend spent $17,000 in repairs on his BMW 540i in the last two years (6th and 7th) of ownership, and my brother left the BMW fold after three 7-Series because of the massive repair expense. I know each person has his or her own thoughts on where to have service/maintenance performed, but I have always had the dealer work on my cars (Mercedes, Audi, and Lexus). I spent more, undoubtedly, up front but I have always had a car in great shape, and a new, clean loaner while it was being worked on. And the resale value was always at the top of the range. It is hard to get excited about an LS if you value style over substance, or image over reliability. I love Mercedes-Benz, but I got tired of showing up at the dealership with a rear window that was stuck down, or an inoperative mass flow air sensor (again) and a $600 repair bill. (Mercedes split the cost of the first one and I had to eat the second one.) Also, the dealer experience with Lexus has always been professional and courteous. All scheduled maintenance done in one day with a loaner. Test drives overnight or over the weekend so my family of six and I can appreciate whether the potential purchase is right for us. Couldn't be happier with the car and the dealer."

Best of 5 Lexus owned. Service excellent.

By on Saturday, March 01, 2014

Pros: "Great & reliable touring car. Showroom condition."

Cons: "Can't think of any. Each year valued improvements."

"One owner, executive driven & maintained as per Lexus requirements. Garaged daily. Mercury silver on grey leather."

This car is very good

By on Tuesday, November 08, 2011

"A car like this is good for anyone. It's great for family trips"

Excellent car

By on Wednesday, June 23, 2010

"This is my 4th Lexus: ES 300, LS 400, GX 470 and now the LS 460L. This car is outstanding in all faucets. The LS 460L is an outstanding car in every which possible. Never had any problems with any of my previous lexus and I still have two of them and the 460L. The LS 400 has 168K and never once had a problem, so I'm looking for the same out of the 460L. The gas mileage is outstanding 30-32 miles a gallon on the hwy. The only car that I will purchase will be a lexus and now I'm waiting on the new model which I believe will be the LS 490."

Excellent car

By on Thursday, June 03, 2010

"This is the fifth Lexus that I've owned. I started with a LS400, moved to a SC400 then a LS430 then traded for a new LS430 and now have a LS460. I have never had a problem with any of them. They have all been very well built and extremely tight and believe it or not I get around 31.5 mpg on the interstate with this monstrous V-8. If you're thinking of it, make the jump...even if it is a certified used one."

By on Wednesday, February 03, 2010

"We call it the limo - for long trips - nothing better - MPG averaging over 22 mpg - 28 on highway - for twisty roads drive slow as does not handle like a BMW. Quality and fit is simply outstanding"

Excellent Value

By on Wednesday, February 25, 2009

"This is one of the best cars ever made and my fourth Lexus. You can't go wrong with this family of cars"

Luxury

By on Tuesday, July 15, 2008

"Comfort for all riders and a truly outstanding experience every time one rides in this vehicle. Lexus has done it right."

Consider options carefully

By on Sunday, February 17, 2008

"I've had my 2007 LS460L with the executive package option 15 months. Needless to say that this car is the best, Lexus has ever built and I love it. Unlike the model it replaced it handles much better at high speeds and curves. Here is what I do not like about the executive package with the reclining/massage seat in the rear: The seat is basically unusable unless you are 5 foot tall. The trunk space is reduced to a point where you can only fit one (not two) regular sized suitcase. So, if you are travelling, one person is comfortable in the driver's seat. The front passenger seat is all the way up to the windshield and unusable. The rear seat behind the driver carries the second suitcase, which will not fit in the trunk. The other rear seat can carry another passenger in a slightly reclined position. Not a pretty sight for $13,000.00 option for the seat and $10,000.00 necessary for the extra cabin lenght. This is very poor design, not expected from a company like Lexus. And guess what? When you trade-in the LS460L with the executive package you do not get anything extra for the $23,000.00 option! Yes. I am angry with Lexus for wasting my money on a useless option. Would I buy another Lexus? Definitelly, but no more executive package for me."

THE BEST LUXURY SEDAN!

By on Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Pros: "Solid, dependable, comfortable,quiet and safe."

Cons: "Styling could be a bit more exciting."

"My 2010 LS460L is my NINTH new LS since 1993. Silky smooth, ultra quiet and supremely comfortable. Navigation & other features are VERY user friendly. Almost nothing ever goes wrong with the car, but should something require attention, the dealers will FALL ALL OVER THEMSELVES trying to fix it quickly and properly. I cannot say enough good things about the Lexus brand. I have also owned NINE new Mercedes-Benz autos. Much more money but not better cars."