• 2014 Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2011 Lexus LS

Based on 129 Ratings for the 2007 - 2012 models.

test drove Bentley today lexus rides better

By on Wednesday, July 09, 2014

Pros: "luxury 100%"

Cons: "not great resale value 110k new 2011 49k now"

"Bentley coupe continentalGT the lexus is quitter and rides better"

This is the best car I ever had!!

By on Monday, July 07, 2014

Pros: "Great drive. So many great amenities."

Cons: "None...love my Lexus"

"I've owned Cadillacs for 25 years. I bought my Lexus in 2007 and it is by far the best car I ever owned."

Love Lexus but this time…I think I got a Lemon

By on Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Pros: "Beautiful, comfortable Luxury Car"

Cons: "Not so reliable I guess…."

"This is my third Lexus….all of them LS models. I own a 2008 LS460 and this time though, I've had more problems than my first two Lexus cars combined. First, the navigation system had to be replaced. Next, the water pump went out on me (unfortunately, it went out on the way to my daughter's who was in labor with my first grandchild) and now, at just 79K miles, the starter motor is out! This is unheard of with Lexus and I am VERY disappointed to say the least….. I will be selling this car when this repair is done."

The most incredible piece of functional art.

By on Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Pros: "i am always giddy to feel its power and silence."

Cons: "look lesss Avalon. Should have Conti DWS, Michelin"

"NOTE! This car has adj.air ride suspension that really works, with ride height up i have AWD'd 20 miles out in the desert of Arizona rockhounding, basically 4-wheeling. gone 137 mph and heard the whisper of the radio, at times gotten periods of 26 to 28 mpg going 75 on the highway. best tank shows 28. This the most phenomenal auto i am humbled to own...now if they could only put a diesel in the GX that would be quite an SUV."

A hotrod in disguise! Planted to the road.

By on Thursday, May 08, 2014

"Smooth, solid, very low NVH, great hard drive selected music, navigation system, traffic alerts, real time tire pressure, Beautiful paint job, powerful 6 piston brembo brakes on 19 inch wheels, 4 passing gears with the 8 speed transmission. Very roomy. Best high speed touring car available."

Owned for 7 years, love this car

By on Wednesday, May 07, 2014

Pros: "Love everything about this car"

Cons: "advarge tire wear 20,000 Miles, not cheap"

"Great driving/riding car, I get 33 MPH highway, love the power and the ride. Thinking of getting a new one, but since this car is go good hard to justify it"

Incredible and fun to drive

By on Wednesday, May 07, 2014

Pros: "Great value and very smart looking"

Cons: "Too little padding in the console arm rest"

"My 4th LS series. It has the sport package and is truly a joy to drive. Comfort is second to none."

BEST ROAD AUTO EVER !

By on Tuesday, May 06, 2014

Pros: "Quiet, luxurious comfort with V8 power"

Cons: "Handling, expensive maintenance"

"For comfort and luxury on long distance sojourns nothing I've driven comes close. Acquired my LS460L with 17K on it. I was able to buy it for less than $1000 more than the regular length body was retailing for-while the L option isn't worth the initial cost it's been worth the little extra I paid. Quiet, responsive V8 engine, smooth ride. It's expensive to maintain, but what car of size isnt these days ? It isnt going to run a slalom course in record time, but will get you from here to a distant there as comfortably as it can be done ! Highway mileage is 28/gallon !"

Wonderful Vehicle

By on Sunday, April 20, 2014

Pros: "For the money, the best top end luxury car."

Cons: "Cost of service and maintenance"

"I have had BMW's, Mercedes, and Nissans, and the Lexus is by far the finest car I have owned. What one may lose in road feel and driving "response" is far over shadowed by comfort, quiet, and reliability. The only issue that I have is the same as with all luxury cars. As the car gets older, the cost of maintenance and repairs can become very costly. I have never held onto a vehicle for 7 or more years, but mine has options on it that are hard to get on new models unless you are willing to foot the increase in MSRP cost. I have had excellent experience in service departments where I bought the car (Pittsburgh, Pa.) and in Charleston, SC. (our second home)."

If Substance Means More to You Than Image

By on Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Pros: "Price, quality, reliability, dealer experience."

Cons: "Fuel mileage, idle noise, can't program underway."

"This is my third LS, after a 2001 and a 2004. This one has more horsepower, more torque, and more room. What makes the LS 460L AWD, and all of my LSs, outstanding is its reliability. Things don't break. My Mercedes E-Class was a great car - I loved it - but I got tired of windows not going up, or air mass flow sensors failing. Three LSs and one defective part: the backup camera on the 2004 failed and was repaired under warranty the same day. And this car can hustle when needed. Just turn off the traction control and stability control, set the transmission to "Power" and the suspension to "Sport" and experience a whole new car. I wish more reviewers would set up the car this way before they write about the cushy, bland ride. Properly tuned, the ride is stiff but well-controlled, and the transmission keeps the engine higher in the torque curve. The all-wheel drive is seamless, and in deep snow you can raise the suspension about two inches and get over the pile of snow shoved up against the end of your driveway by the snow plows. The interior has 95,000 miles on it and looks new. All the little things still work perfectly, from the electric screens on the rear passenger windows, to the self-closing doors, to the self-leveling suspension, to the one-touch auto-close windows (all four) and sunroof, to the easy-exit driver's seat, to the auto-dimming high beams, to the self-closing trunk. Even the automatic parking for parallel and back-in stalls not only still works, but is easy to use after two or three practice runs. Now the negatives. Fuel mileage is around 18.9 mpg mixed highway/city, down almost two mpg from the earlier, less-powerful cars. The direct-injection engine idles like a diesel. Both of these disappointments are offset for the most part by the increased horsepower and torque, but I would have thought Lexus could have retained its reputation for silent running with superior engineering. The driver's seat, though luxurious, has a seat pad that does not extend as far forward in its adjustment as the older cars and does not support my legs as well as before. (I am 6'3".) And you can't operate much of the navigation system and Bluetooth telephone by the information screen when the car is underway, a false safety feature. All in all a great car for about $10,000 less than the competition, and worth even more when you go to sell or trade it."

Cons: "18-19 mpg overall, noisy at idle, plain styling"

"This is my third Lexus LS, after a 2001 and 2004. I, my friends or my relatives have owned, and I have driven their, S-Class and E-Class Mercedes-Benz; 5-Series and 7-Series BMW; Jaguar XJ; and Audi A8, A7, and A6. I owned two Mercedes before switching to Lexus. All nice cars, but what I need most is a luxury car that never breaks, and the LS has come closest by far. The 2001 and 2004, essentially that same car with a face-lift, were much quieter but did not offer the long wheelbase. Try it, and your friends and colleagues will never let you go back to the shorter wheelbase. The 2010 direct injection motor is noisy at idle but generates much more horsepower and torque. Turn off the traction control and stability control (how did we ever safely drive a car before these inventions?), put the transmission in "Power" and the suspension in "Sport," and the car can hustle. Reviewers never seem to tweak the car in this way, but it changes the character of the sedan. The interior (black aniline leather, Alcantara headliner) looks fantastic even after 95,000 miles of daily commuting. Rear seat passengers love the power screens on the rear passenger windows and rear window when the sun is out in summer. No trying to find the tiny hook by hand. All the systems - Bluetooth phone, satellite radio, CD/DVD player (and yes, you can watch DVD movies with fantastic Mark Levinson sound on the media screen when the car is in not in drive, but why would you?), navigation, voice command - have been flawless. In fact, of the three LSs there has been only one component failure: the back-up camera in the 2004 failed and was replaced under warranty in one day. My friend spent $17,000 in repairs on his BMW 540i in the last two years (6th and 7th) of ownership, and my brother left the BMW fold after three 7-Series because of the massive repair expense. I know each person has his or her own thoughts on where to have service/maintenance performed, but I have always had the dealer work on my cars (Mercedes, Audi, and Lexus). I spent more, undoubtedly, up front but I have always had a car in great shape, and a new, clean loaner while it was being worked on. And the resale value was always at the top of the range. It is hard to get excited about an LS if you value style over substance, or image over reliability. I love Mercedes-Benz, but I got tired of showing up at the dealership with a rear window that was stuck down, or an inoperative mass flow air sensor (again) and a $600 repair bill. (Mercedes split the cost of the first one and I had to eat the second one.) Also, the dealer experience with Lexus has always been professional and courteous. All scheduled maintenance done in one day with a loaner. Test drives overnight or over the weekend so my family of six and I can appreciate whether the potential purchase is right for us. Couldn't be happier with the car and the dealer."

quality vehicle

By on Wednesday, April 02, 2014

"My 3rd LS. The first 2 met all my expectations. However, this model had wind noise issues in the front windshield posts which they were unable to correct. this was very disappointing."

Excellent build quality and design

By on Friday, March 07, 2014

Pros: "Easy to understand and use electronics"

Cons: "Nothing negative to say"

"This car is a stellar example of peerless build quality and luxury. I have had several S-Class Mercedes that did achieve this level of fit, finish and material quality. The German cars may have slightly more "road feel" but no maker does ergonomics any better than Lexus. Plus, it's beautifully designed. I have owned this car since new and still enjoy the look and feel of this car, even after 6 years."

Best of 5 Lexus owned. Service excellent.

By on Saturday, March 01, 2014

Pros: "Great & reliable touring car. Showroom condition."

Cons: "Can't think of any. Each year valued improvements."

"One owner, executive driven & maintained as per Lexus requirements. Garaged daily. Mercury silver on grey leather."

Perfection, reliability and intelligent

By on Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Pros: "Reliability and beauty"

Cons: "Contact list doe not update automatically"

"I have had three LS vehicles. The only problem in 8 years was a streaky wiper blade!"

Best car I've ever had.

By on Thursday, October 24, 2013

Pros: "Easy to drive."

Cons: "Expensive routine maintenance."

"Beautiful and comfortable. Loaded with luxury. Tires wear out too fast. Routine maintenance very expensive."

One of the finest vehicles I've owned. PERIOD!

By on Thursday, October 17, 2013

Pros: "Luxury, Performance, Comfort, Style and RELIABILIT"

2007 Lexus LS460 Delivery

"I have owned my 2007 Lexus LS460 for 2 years now, and still marvel at the engineering, comfort and overall EXCELLENT driving experience/performance that this "Top of the line" Lexus has to offer. It took me 3 years to find just the right color, milage and condition I wanted and I could not have made a better choice for my first "BIG" time luxury car! The interior is pure elegance, while the performance and gas milage is exceptional. The drive is ultra quiet and the GPS/sound system round out the creature comforts. I'm completely satisified and proud to own such a well engineered automobile!"

2007 Lexus LS460 Delivery

Fits my desires

By on Sunday, September 29, 2013

Pros: "Best vehicle for many hours on the highway"

Cons: "Cost per mile is high"

"I am original and only owner. I wanted the best combination of highway safety, comfort, quality, dependibility and performance that I could afford and I paid cash for this car. I am totally satisfied even though I know that the per mile expense is high and the hybrid system will never repay the cost. I expect that this is the last car I will buy and I will enjoy it for the balance of my life. I am totally unconcerned that it isn't tuned for taking curves at 120mph or is almost silent instead of throaty with engine noise and can't go 0 to 60 in under 3 seconds."

relentless pursuit of perfection

By on Monday, August 19, 2013

Pros: "see preceding"

Cons: "can't find any"

"outstanding fit/finish, reliability, performance....legendary quality control you can pay lots more, but you can't buy better"

Outstanding car! Great quality, smooth, powerful,

By on Saturday, August 10, 2013

Pros: "Quiet, Quality, smooth, drive train"

"extremely quiet, very refined."

Can't talk myself into selling her...

By on Friday, May 24, 2013

Cons: "Driver seat bottom tilt range"

"I bought the Lexus LS460L new in 2007 and each time I think I am ready for another vehicle something "just happens" to make me want it. Lately it has been the rear seat as the driver never gets the chance to enjoy it. It works great as my office when things are too crazy to focus behind the desk. Raise the foot rest, turn on the massage feature, put drinks/lunch in the cooler, lift up the rear multipurpose table, raise the privacy shades and plug in my equipment. No distractions."

LEXUS HAS ACHIEVED "PERFECTION" WITH THE LS460L.

By on Tuesday, April 02, 2013

Pros: "FAIR PRICE, GREAT ENJOYMENT TO DRIVE"

Cons: "ADD AUTO TRUNK CLOSING."

"MY ONLY CONCERN HAS BEEN SOMEONE PUTTING A SCRATCH ON THE DOOR OR BUMPER. SO FAR ONLY A HAIR SCRATCH. SERVICE IS A PLEASANT EXPERIENCE AT THE DEALERSHIP. LOTS OF POWER, QUIET, SMOOTH ACCELERATION AND BRAKING. FEEL VERY SAFE KNOWING THE ENDLESS NUMBER OF AIR BAGS. LEXUS REALLY IS ON THE EDGE OF CREATING PERFECTION WITH MY LS 460L. THE 5 EXTRA INCHES FOR LEG ROOM IN THE BACK SEAT MAKES IT SUPER EASY FOR FRIENDS."

Tremendous car

By on Saturday, December 29, 2012

Pros: "All good"

Cons: "Expensive"

"Best car I have ever had"

See if you qualify for