2008 Lexus LS

Based on 129 Ratings for the 2007 - 2012 models.

Owned for 7 years, love this car

By on Wednesday, May 07, 2014

Pros: "Love everything about this car"

Cons: "advarge tire wear 20,000 Miles, not cheap"

"Great driving/riding car, I get 33 MPH highway, love the power and the ride. Thinking of getting a new one, but since this car is go good hard to justify it"

Incredible and fun to drive

By on Wednesday, May 07, 2014

Pros: "Great value and very smart looking"

Cons: "Too little padding in the console arm rest"

"My 4th LS series. It has the sport package and is truly a joy to drive. Comfort is second to none."

BEST ROAD AUTO EVER !

By on Tuesday, May 06, 2014

Pros: "Quiet, luxurious comfort with V8 power"

Cons: "Handling, expensive maintenance"

"For comfort and luxury on long distance sojourns nothing I've driven comes close. Acquired my LS460L with 17K on it. I was able to buy it for less than $1000 more than the regular length body was retailing for-while the L option isn't worth the initial cost it's been worth the little extra I paid. Quiet, responsive V8 engine, smooth ride. It's expensive to maintain, but what car of size isnt these days ? It isnt going to run a slalom course in record time, but will get you from here to a distant there as comfortably as it can be done ! Highway mileage is 28/gallon !"

Wonderful Vehicle

By on Sunday, April 20, 2014

Pros: "For the money, the best top end luxury car."

Cons: "Cost of service and maintenance"

"I have had BMW's, Mercedes, and Nissans, and the Lexus is by far the finest car I have owned. What one may lose in road feel and driving "response" is far over shadowed by comfort, quiet, and reliability. The only issue that I have is the same as with all luxury cars. As the car gets older, the cost of maintenance and repairs can become very costly. I have never held onto a vehicle for 7 or more years, but mine has options on it that are hard to get on new models unless you are willing to foot the increase in MSRP cost. I have had excellent experience in service departments where I bought the car (Pittsburgh, Pa.) and in Charleston, SC. (our second home)."

If Substance Means More to You Than Image

By on Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Pros: "Price, quality, reliability, dealer experience."

Cons: "Fuel mileage, idle noise, can't program underway."

"This is my third LS, after a 2001 and a 2004. This one has more horsepower, more torque, and more room. What makes the LS 460L AWD, and all of my LSs, outstanding is its reliability. Things don't break. My Mercedes E-Class was a great car - I loved it - but I got tired of windows not going up, or air mass flow sensors failing. Three LSs and one defective part: the backup camera on the 2004 failed and was repaired under warranty the same day. And this car can hustle when needed. Just turn off the traction control and stability control, set the transmission to "Power" and the suspension to "Sport" and experience a whole new car. I wish more reviewers would set up the car this way before they write about the cushy, bland ride. Properly tuned, the ride is stiff but well-controlled, and the transmission keeps the engine higher in the torque curve. The all-wheel drive is seamless, and in deep snow you can raise the suspension about two inches and get over the pile of snow shoved up against the end of your driveway by the snow plows. The interior has 95,000 miles on it and looks new. All the little things still work perfectly, from the electric screens on the rear passenger windows, to the self-closing doors, to the self-leveling suspension, to the one-touch auto-close windows (all four) and sunroof, to the easy-exit driver's seat, to the auto-dimming high beams, to the self-closing trunk. Even the automatic parking for parallel and back-in stalls not only still works, but is easy to use after two or three practice runs. Now the negatives. Fuel mileage is around 18.9 mpg mixed highway/city, down almost two mpg from the earlier, less-powerful cars. The direct-injection engine idles like a diesel. Both of these disappointments are offset for the most part by the increased horsepower and torque, but I would have thought Lexus could have retained its reputation for silent running with superior engineering. The driver's seat, though luxurious, has a seat pad that does not extend as far forward in its adjustment as the older cars and does not support my legs as well as before. (I am 6'3".) And you can't operate much of the navigation system and Bluetooth telephone by the information screen when the car is underway, a false safety feature. All in all a great car for about $10,000 less than the competition, and worth even more when you go to sell or trade it."

See if you qualify for