2007 Lexus LS

9.3

Based on 153 Ratings for the 2007 - 2012 models.

quality vehicle

By on Wednesday, April 02, 2014

"My 3rd LS. The first 2 met all my expectations. However, this model had wind noise issues in the front windshield posts which they were unable to correct. this was very disappointing."

Outstanding car! Great quality, smooth, powerful,

By on Saturday, August 10, 2013

Pros: "Quiet, Quality, smooth, drive train"

"extremely quiet, very refined."

best car ever!!!

By on Sunday, February 19, 2012

Pros: "all"

"This car is fantastic!!!!!"

Best car I have owned

By on Friday, January 13, 2012

Pros: "Fuel economy, overall quality, pleasure to drive"

"The most noteworthy aspect is the fact that everything works as designed. Seat heat/cool, controls, sound all meet expectations and more. Handling, for such a large car is amazing and I am a very demanding driver. Acceleration is generous and the suspension is surprisingly good. My last car was a CL 65, I was expecting to be Highly disappointed with, well, everything in my next car. The truth is the Lexus is so polished it was like an oasis in comparison."

Best auto ever owned or driven

By on Monday, November 21, 2011

Pros: "Holds the road and fun to drive"

"I traded in a 1998 LS 400. (Still upsetting)it had 150,000 mile, did have regular oil changes and put 3 sets of windshield wipers. First question to Lexus salesman was "when I hold down my unlock will my windows still go down?" Not that I would have dropped the Lexus replacement idea. Fun to drive, 80 MPH is the favorite cruising speed on this 2008. No compaints just wish I could afford 7 colors, one for each day of the week. Have had a Corvette and a 911 but no comparison."

Highest residual value

By on Tuesday, September 21, 2010

"This is a great car. the handling and styling on this car are second to none. I cant drive this car without heads turning. If you are debating on getting this car, buy it. For the past 8 years their is not another car on the road that carries the value of this car. The highest residual of any car today!. Guys its the flagship of all sedans. I have driven the Mercedes and BMW and they don't compare."

VERY NICE CAR.

By on Friday, July 11, 2008

"I purchased a 2008 LS460 with the Levinson stero and Nav option, and I am convinced that I could not have made a better choice. the car is hands down the most comfortable car I have ever sat in. The stereo is also the clearest and most accurate sound system in the auto industry. If you have the desire for the ultimate luxury car under $150k, Lexus LS460!"

Quality and Reliability for Less Money

By on Sunday, April 13, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, quiet under way, powerful, roomy"

Cons: "18-19 mpg overall, noisy at idle, plain styling"

"This is my third Lexus LS, after a 2001 and 2004. I, my friends or my relatives have owned, and I have driven their, S-Class and E-Class Mercedes-Benz; 5-Series and 7-Series BMW; Jaguar XJ; and Audi A8, A7, and A6. I owned two Mercedes before switching to Lexus. All nice cars, but what I need most is a luxury car that never breaks, and the LS has come closest by far. The 2001 and 2004, essentially that same car with a face-lift, were much quieter but did not offer the long wheelbase. Try it, and your friends and colleagues will never let you go back to the shorter wheelbase. The 2010 direct injection motor is noisy at idle but generates much more horsepower and torque. Turn off the traction control and stability control (how did we ever safely drive a car before these inventions?), put the transmission in "Power" and the suspension in "Sport," and the car can hustle. Reviewers never seem to tweak the car in this way, but it changes the character of the sedan. The interior (black aniline leather, Alcantara headliner) looks fantastic even after 95,000 miles of daily commuting. Rear seat passengers love the power screens on the rear passenger windows and rear window when the sun is out in summer. No trying to find the tiny hook by hand. All the systems - Bluetooth phone, satellite radio, CD/DVD player (and yes, you can watch DVD movies with fantastic Mark Levinson sound on the media screen when the car is in not in drive, but why would you?), navigation, voice command - have been flawless. In fact, of the three LSs there has been only one component failure: the back-up camera in the 2004 failed and was replaced under warranty in one day. My friend spent $17,000 in repairs on his BMW 540i in the last two years (6th and 7th) of ownership, and my brother left the BMW fold after three 7-Series because of the massive repair expense. I know each person has his or her own thoughts on where to have service/maintenance performed, but I have always had the dealer work on my cars (Mercedes, Audi, and Lexus). I spent more, undoubtedly, up front but I have always had a car in great shape, and a new, clean loaner while it was being worked on. And the resale value was always at the top of the range. It is hard to get excited about an LS if you value style over substance, or image over reliability. I love Mercedes-Benz, but I got tired of showing up at the dealership with a rear window that was stuck down, or an inoperative mass flow air sensor (again) and a $600 repair bill. (Mercedes split the cost of the first one and I had to eat the second one.) Also, the dealer experience with Lexus has always been professional and courteous. All scheduled maintenance done in one day with a loaner. Test drives overnight or over the weekend so my family of six and I can appreciate whether the potential purchase is right for us. Couldn't be happier with the car and the dealer."

Best of 5 Lexus owned. Service excellent.

By on Saturday, March 01, 2014

Pros: "Great & reliable touring car. Showroom condition."

Cons: "Can't think of any. Each year valued improvements."

"One owner, executive driven & maintained as per Lexus requirements. Garaged daily. Mercury silver on grey leather."

This car is very good

By on Tuesday, November 08, 2011

"A car like this is good for anyone. It's great for family trips"

Excellent car

By on Wednesday, June 23, 2010

"This is my 4th Lexus: ES 300, LS 400, GX 470 and now the LS 460L. This car is outstanding in all faucets. The LS 460L is an outstanding car in every which possible. Never had any problems with any of my previous lexus and I still have two of them and the 460L. The LS 400 has 168K and never once had a problem, so I'm looking for the same out of the 460L. The gas mileage is outstanding 30-32 miles a gallon on the hwy. The only car that I will purchase will be a lexus and now I'm waiting on the new model which I believe will be the LS 490."

Excellent car

By on Thursday, June 03, 2010

"This is the fifth Lexus that I've owned. I started with a LS400, moved to a SC400 then a LS430 then traded for a new LS430 and now have a LS460. I have never had a problem with any of them. They have all been very well built and extremely tight and believe it or not I get around 31.5 mpg on the interstate with this monstrous V-8. If you're thinking of it, make the jump...even if it is a certified used one."

By on Wednesday, February 03, 2010

"We call it the limo - for long trips - nothing better - MPG averaging over 22 mpg - 28 on highway - for twisty roads drive slow as does not handle like a BMW. Quality and fit is simply outstanding"

Excellent Value

By on Wednesday, February 25, 2009

"This is one of the best cars ever made and my fourth Lexus. You can't go wrong with this family of cars"

Luxury

By on Tuesday, July 15, 2008

"Comfort for all riders and a truly outstanding experience every time one rides in this vehicle. Lexus has done it right."

Excellent luxury sedan

By on Saturday, February 09, 2008

"I just bought my dream car after narrowing my search to an Audi A8 L, Lexus 460 and Mercedes S550 4matic. The Lexus is everything I wanted and more. For the price you can't beat the quality. I got this car $3,000 less than what Kelly Blue Book stated most folks are paying. It happened to be the end of the month and sales were down drastically. The dealer only had two 460's left on the lot. The base 460 has plenty of room in the front and back. No need to buy the L version for 10,000 more unless you have your own personal driver. I am a tall person and I fit in the car comfortably in the back and front with ease. The navigation system is much better than the Mercedes and Audi. Easy to use. The Satelite Radio is fabulous! The Parking Assist System is not that easy to use. You can park the car quicker yourself then setting the self park. This car is a great value compared to the BMW 750, Audi L8 and definitely the Mercedes. My only worry is how the car will handle in 2 inches of snow or more. My 97 infiniti Q45 was awful in the snow. Although the Lexus has a snow mode and traction control, does anyone have experience with this car in a snow storm? This was my one hesitation in buying this car verses the all wheel drive cars mentioned for the money."

Consider options carefully

By on Sunday, February 17, 2008

"I've had my 2007 LS460L with the executive package option 15 months. Needless to say that this car is the best, Lexus has ever built and I love it. Unlike the model it replaced it handles much better at high speeds and curves. Here is what I do not like about the executive package with the reclining/massage seat in the rear: The seat is basically unusable unless you are 5 foot tall. The trunk space is reduced to a point where you can only fit one (not two) regular sized suitcase. So, if you are travelling, one person is comfortable in the driver's seat. The front passenger seat is all the way up to the windshield and unusable. The rear seat behind the driver carries the second suitcase, which will not fit in the trunk. The other rear seat can carry another passenger in a slightly reclined position. Not a pretty sight for $13,000.00 option for the seat and $10,000.00 necessary for the extra cabin lenght. This is very poor design, not expected from a company like Lexus. And guess what? When you trade-in the LS460L with the executive package you do not get anything extra for the $23,000.00 option! Yes. I am angry with Lexus for wasting my money on a useless option. Would I buy another Lexus? Definitelly, but no more executive package for me."

THE BEST LUXURY SEDAN!

By on Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Pros: "Solid, dependable, comfortable,quiet and safe."

Cons: "Styling could be a bit more exciting."

"My 2010 LS460L is my NINTH new LS since 1993. Silky smooth, ultra quiet and supremely comfortable. Navigation & other features are VERY user friendly. Almost nothing ever goes wrong with the car, but should something require attention, the dealers will FALL ALL OVER THEMSELVES trying to fix it quickly and properly. I cannot say enough good things about the Lexus brand. I have also owned NINE new Mercedes-Benz autos. Much more money but not better cars."

Love this car!

By on Thursday, September 06, 2007

"I've always thought Lexus was basically a Toyota with an "L" on the hood. Boy was I wrong! While this car has the reliability of a Toyota, it is in another class. This is the most comfortable car I've ever driven. It's quiet and luxurious and yet sporty. With 380 horse power it out performs most sports cars, while the driver is seated in the ultimate luxury. I am now a dedicated Lexus fan!"

We expect to continue to buy Lexus vehicles.

By on Wednesday, March 11, 2015

"I have owned several Lexus models: ES, GS, and LS (2000). Our 2010 is the best of all the previous ones. We tried a Infinity M35, but went back to Lexus. The LS is elegant, roomy and super reliable."

Lexus LS460L - Honest Review

By on Wednesday, August 15, 2007

"From test drive to present ownership - it is a superb automobile. The roomy and luxurious interior is very comfortable. The Navigation is so easy to use. The "wood" is polished to look so nice. The power is good. This Air Conditioning is the best I have ever used. The optional air suspension is worth every penney. The radio system puts out music like you are in a music hall in person. The seating is creamy soft and adjustments make your seating perfect. I have owned Mercedes (2006 S500 & 2007 S550) - they continually had problems and do not compare in quality to this world class Lexus. A short drive or a long drive in this car will always be a pleasure. Live it up some, get the options they offer, it makes the car MORE enjoyable (I got all the options available on my LS 460 L)."

Best of three LSs

By on Friday, July 13, 2012

Pros: "Power, interior room, quality"

Cons: "Noisy idle, slow touchscreen"

"This is my third LS, after a 2001 and 2004. Mine is a 2010 LS460L AWD. First the bad: 1) Engine is noisy at idle, almost diesel-like. Told it is because of high-pressure direct injection. My earlier models were nearly silent at idle. 2) Navigation/phone/music touch screen is very slow to react to touch input. 3) Verbal command of phone/nav/climate control is inaccurate, as always. Now the good: 1) Lots more horsepower and torque without much drop in all-around MPG. (I got 20 MPG on earlier LS430s, and I get 19 MPG on this LS460.) 2) Adjustable suspension really works and makes a huge difference in ride quality from soft to sporty. 3) Hands-free parking really works, but practice is necessary to do it as quickly as required to avoid holding up traffic. Dealer service is fantastic, but all I've ever needed for three cars is one rearview camera replaced, and one driver window gasket replaced, all under warranty in one day. All other service has been scheduled maintenance with a loaner car. Not bad for 250,000 total miles in LSs."

Nice ride. Too much Nanny!

By on Thursday, March 19, 2009

"Coming out of a BMW, this car presented a wonderful, straight ahead ride, but the handling is ponderous (it wants to go straight!).Most of the gadgets are great, but there is a Nanny on board that prohibits usage of just about everything except the sound system when moving. Also, every time you start the car, you must agree to drive carefully, obey laws, etc., etc. LAWYER ON BOARD!! Dealer service is excellent, but ridiculously pricey. How about $262 for an oil change and rotation! Shame on me? Did I mention that it is depreciating at about $1,000 a month. Buy a used one, make sure the driver's side wind noise has been corrected, and enjoy a very nice ride - but not the bargain it used to be."

One of the finest vehicles I've owned. PERIOD!

By on Thursday, October 17, 2013

Pros: "Luxury, Performance, Comfort, Style and RELIABILIT"

2007 Lexus LS460 Delivery

"I have owned my 2007 Lexus LS460 for 2 years now, and still marvel at the engineering, comfort and overall EXCELLENT driving experience/performance that this "Top of the line" Lexus has to offer. It took me 3 years to find just the right color, milage and condition I wanted and I could not have made a better choice for my first "BIG" time luxury car! The interior is pure elegance, while the performance and gas milage is exceptional. The drive is ultra quiet and the GPS/sound system round out the creature comforts. I'm completely satisified and proud to own such a well engineered automobile!"

2007 Lexus LS460 Delivery

Best Auto on the Road!

By on Friday, August 26, 2011

Pros: "they are so good, consider a certified Pre owned."

Cons: "Truck lid makes organizing seem small"

"I have owned 3 LS Models and driven each to 100K mileage without a repair. Most enjoyable car to driver of all time. Biggest pluses; quiet, fast and comfortable."