• Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2007 Lexus LS

9.3

Based on 144 Ratings for the 2007 - 2012 models.

Love this car!

By on Thursday, September 06, 2007

"I've always thought Lexus was basically a Toyota with an "L" on the hood. Boy was I wrong! While this car has the reliability of a Toyota, it is in another class. This is the most comfortable car I've ever driven. It's quiet and luxurious and yet sporty. With 380 horse power it out performs most sports cars, while the driver is seated in the ultimate luxury. I am now a dedicated Lexus fan!"

Lexus LS460L - Honest Review

By on Wednesday, August 15, 2007

"From test drive to present ownership - it is a superb automobile. The roomy and luxurious interior is very comfortable. The Navigation is so easy to use. The "wood" is polished to look so nice. The power is good. This Air Conditioning is the best I have ever used. The optional air suspension is worth every penney. The radio system puts out music like you are in a music hall in person. The seating is creamy soft and adjustments make your seating perfect. I have owned Mercedes (2006 S500 & 2007 S550) - they continually had problems and do not compare in quality to this world class Lexus. A short drive or a long drive in this car will always be a pleasure. Live it up some, get the options they offer, it makes the car MORE enjoyable (I got all the options available on my LS 460 L)."

Nice ride. Too much Nanny!

By on Thursday, March 19, 2009

"Coming out of a BMW, this car presented a wonderful, straight ahead ride, but the handling is ponderous (it wants to go straight!).Most of the gadgets are great, but there is a Nanny on board that prohibits usage of just about everything except the sound system when moving. Also, every time you start the car, you must agree to drive carefully, obey laws, etc., etc. LAWYER ON BOARD!! Dealer service is excellent, but ridiculously pricey. How about $262 for an oil change and rotation! Shame on me? Did I mention that it is depreciating at about $1,000 a month. Buy a used one, make sure the driver's side wind noise has been corrected, and enjoy a very nice ride - but not the bargain it used to be."

If you find a better car, buy it

By on Tuesday, November 20, 2007

"My 4th Lexus, all great cars. This is the ultimate. It is powerful, quiet, comfotable and a pleasure to drive. I hate to get out of it at the end of a trip, whether short or long. The gas milleage has exceeded its rating on the highway and equaled it in city driving. I will never buy another make."

By on Friday, April 18, 2008

"I like performance and comfort. I think the LS blends these 2 factors in quite well. BMW's too stiff. BMW's seating is not comfortable. Mercedes is comparable but far too overpriced."

Love it but...

By on Saturday, February 28, 2009

"I love this car as far as comfort, handling, and performance go. Lexus put in a lot of great features, however, many are unusable while you are driving. Once you exceed a certain speed (maybe 30 mph) you can't dial the bluetooth phone, enter or change a destination in the nav system, watch a DVD, etc. What good is a DVD if your passenger can't watch it on a trip? What good is a nav system if you can't change it en route without stopping? Buy this car for the comfort and styling, not the extras."

We expect to continue to buy Lexus vehicles.

By on Wednesday, March 11, 2015

"I have owned several Lexus models: ES, GS, and LS (2000). Our 2010 is the best of all the previous ones. We tried a Infinity M35, but went back to Lexus. The LS is elegant, roomy and super reliable."

they get better every year

By on Monday, August 31, 2009

"This will be my fifth lexus and the LS460 tops them all."

Best Luxury Car For The Money !!!

By on Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Pros: "Smooth /Quiet/ Reliable / Powerful"

"The other car manufacturers and car reviewers have found a way to discredit the Lexus Line especially the LS 460. They say that it is too smooth and quiet that it has no mor e driver feedback. Thats perfectly allright with me ! My LS 460 is very reliable, smooth and topnotch in quality. BMWs, Audi , Benz and Jags are always in the shop !"

See below

By on Friday, May 01, 2015

"Best car for money in the world. Owned for six years and get back over one third of my money on trade and got to drive show stopper car for all of those years. Never once back to dealer for something wrong. 10 out of 10 from me."

You get what you pay for...

By on Thursday, April 16, 2015

Pros: "Super nice car with all bells and whistles."

Cons: "none that I recognize."

"I bought this car two years ago with less than 40K on the odo. I have loved it ever since. It has exactly what you want from a lux highway car...quiet, powerful, comfortable, reliable, etc. As a bonus, it gets super good highway gas mileage. At 75 to 80 mph with the cruise set, I get 28 or 29 mpg. I will definitely get another when the time comes to get a new(er) car."

Can't talk myself into selling her...

By on Friday, May 24, 2013

Cons: "Driver seat bottom tilt range"

"I bought the Lexus LS460L new in 2007 and each time I think I am ready for another vehicle something "just happens" to make me want it. Lately it has been the rear seat as the driver never gets the chance to enjoy it. It works great as my office when things are too crazy to focus behind the desk. Raise the foot rest, turn on the massage feature, put drinks/lunch in the cooler, lift up the rear multipurpose table, raise the privacy shades and plug in my equipment. No distractions."

By on Thursday, March 15, 2012

"This Car does everything right"

Very Nice Car

By on Friday, June 19, 2009

"I enjoy everything about my car (2007 Lexus LS460L). When I am parked at a location, the compliments are; What a beautiful car, is that the one that parks itself."

GREATEST SEDAN EVER BUILT .

By on Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Pros: "ELEGANTLY QUIET & PEACEFUL. HEAR YOURSELF THINK ."

Cons: "NONE"

"LAST YEAR (2012) OF THE 6 YEAR BUILD , BULLETT PROOF ! IMNITABLE . MAKES "S CLASS" TRASH FOR YOUR CASH . MAKES 2013 -14 -15 : $ 8K MORE WITH LESS POISE AND NOISE . IF YOU CAN FIND ONE ; GRAB IT FOR 250,000 MILES !"

AWESOME

By on Sunday, September 28, 2008

"THIS CAR TRUELY EXCEEDS EXPECTATIONS! SUCH AN IMPOROVEMENT FROM THE 430. THERE IS NO COMPARISION BETWEEN THIS CAR AND THE BMW OR MERCEDES."

Well engineered and built.

By on Friday, February 27, 2015

Pros: "Very good acceleration (wow)."

"Gave a 9/10 on reliability, because if car is not driven every other day in very cold weather the battery dies. I was told this is because of all the onboard electronics drains battery. Paint and finish quality better than Mercedes in the same price range imo."

Excellent build quality and design

By on Friday, March 07, 2014

Pros: "Easy to understand and use electronics"

Cons: "Nothing negative to say"

"This car is a stellar example of peerless build quality and luxury. I have had several S-Class Mercedes that did achieve this level of fit, finish and material quality. The German cars may have slightly more "road feel" but no maker does ergonomics any better than Lexus. Plus, it's beautifully designed. I have owned this car since new and still enjoy the look and feel of this car, even after 6 years."

best in class. Beats BMW and Mercedes easily

By on Saturday, January 21, 2012

Pros: "Great price, fun to drive, exceptional handling"

Cons: "No cons"

"Luxury sport sedan. Best car value in it's class. Performance is off the charts. Like a muscle car with elegance. Mark Levensen sound system awesome. Getting 29 mpg on open road."

What an automobile

By on Thursday, December 08, 2011

"Owned a lot of cars but this is the best of all. To me its the best driving and riding car I have ever owned."

TIRES A PROBLEM

By on Friday, May 14, 2010

"OE TIRES SEEM TO BE A PROBLEM AT OR AROUND 18,000 MILES. LEXUS CLAIMS LOW PROFILE TIRES NEED TO BE REPLACED AT 20,000 MILES. A LOT OF TREAD LEFT, BUT VIBRATION PROBLEMS EXIST. BELIEVE THEY HAVE A PROBLEM IN SUSPENSION AND TIRE MATCHING. DON'T BUY USED UNLESS TIRES ARE REPLACED. TIRES CAN RUN $1300 FOR NEW SET OF 4. CALL LEXUS CUSTOMER SERVICE FOR SOME HELP."

I've been a Lexus owner for 15 years.

By on Monday, August 18, 2014

Pros: "Great riding and driving auto."

Cons: "Image was best quality.. Image is not same for me."

"My original LS 400, 1994 lasted forever and I still don't know why I sold it.. My newer 2010 has had some serious issues.. very costly from front end suspension to rear shocks ($2000), for one shock.. Front suspension 2800. I highly recommend the extended warranty as this car is very expensive to fix.. period.. I've already gotten more value from the warranty repairs than it cost me. Big disappointment in the quality vs the older 'tank' quality models."

Love Lexus but this time…I think I got a Lemon

By on Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Pros: "Beautiful, comfortable Luxury Car"

Cons: "Not so reliable I guess…."

"This is my third Lexus….all of them LS models. I own a 2008 LS460 and this time though, I've had more problems than my first two Lexus cars combined. First, the navigation system had to be replaced. Next, the water pump went out on me (unfortunately, it went out on the way to my daughter's who was in labor with my first grandchild) and now, at just 79K miles, the starter motor is out! This is unheard of with Lexus and I am VERY disappointed to say the least….. I will be selling this car when this repair is done."

2007 LexusLS460L

By on Monday, April 25, 2011

"this is absolutely the best car I have owned in years since BMW and Mercedes have become products for the masses and they are not quality driven any longer. I am so excited to begin looking for an upgrade 2010 Lexus LS460L so I can pass my present car on to my daughter with the confidence she will be safe and secure in it at all times and in an emergency I also enjoy that I have a team of dedicated experts ready to help when problems arise. My wife just purchased her 2nd MB because the first one was junk and lived at the repair shop most of last year we visited it every 6 weeks for a week or so!!"

Not a happy customer. Mercedes is better.

By on Thursday, March 15, 2012

Pros: "Best navigation"

Cons: "Not reliable. They're far from perfection!"

"Nice car. Exterior and interior. Very driver friendly. All the controls are put in all the right places. Best navigation out there. Love the touch screen. I'm a chauffeur in NYC and navigation is very important. However I have had a lot of mechanical issues with this car! not a solid car! My second year of ownership car started overheating! It was the ac fan. After 3 visits and numerous complaints they finally figured it out after I pointed out that they should check the fan! They were too busy changing water pump etc. Now on my 4th year the car is now overheating again!,!!!,!! And again the same dealership is telling me there's nothing wrong!!! I drive this car every day not to mention I am very car savvy..... They don't know it but I use to build race cars for a living!"