• Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2006 Lexus LS

9.6

Based on 243 Ratings for the 2001 - 2006 models.

9.8/10

Great value and great luxury

By on Monday, January 26, 2015

Pros: "every thing is great about it"

Cons: "none, just a bit heavy so diff to get fast pickup"

"Love everything about it. Luxurious, reliable, smooth. Quality materials. After having it for 5 years i realize one thing. I had both the LS430 and an SC400 together. My SC400 was raw power. Push pedal and its gone. LS 430 bit heavy. I sold my SC 400 and only have LS and miss that feeling when i just want to push it hard. LS will go but slowly bc heavy but once fast its fast. Still miss the sporty SC400 for sure. Overall love the LS430 and since we discusses the SC400, loved it as well."

Extreme Pleasure

By on Saturday, January 24, 2015

Pros: "Smooth ride, Comfortable, Great inside design"

Cons: "Outdated on the outside"

"Purchased this car back in 2009 with 38000 on it. Ever since, I serviced this car regularly and the only problem I had was lack of any problems with this car. It is comfortable, quiet (Michelin Primacy MXV4) and easy to drive on a long trips. Great visibility through a large windshield. Ample power from V8 if needed. Smooth engine sound. After all years it has new car smell. I guess the leather is really of the best quality. Rear seats are comfortable, a lot of knee space. Trunk is large and easy to access. After 10 years this car rides like a new one. Best purchase ever."

Very Reliable Luxury

By on Monday, December 29, 2014

Pros: "Great looks, reliable, longevity."

Cons: "Not the best city gas mileage"

"Great car. I have the Custom Luxury package with Euro-Suspension and 18" chrome rims. Handles very well. I would recommend this option because the handling can be a bit soft will the smaller wheels and struts. Fit and trim are stellar. Along side the 2007 which has a new body style, this car outclasses it by a mile. It looks as though they cut corners on the body styling in the 2007 through 2012. Gas mileage can be very nice in the upper 20's when traveling long distances going 75 miles per hour or lower, but suffers in town around 19 MPG. I have not had one problem with this car other than maintenance and I own 2 of them. I am seeing many of these with nearly 500,000 miles and still operating. This is a testament to the Lexus quality. Highly recommended."

Best Car I've Owned

By on Sunday, December 14, 2014

Pros: "Size, Smooth Ride, Current Price, Awesome Design"

Cons: "Cup Holders too low. Tall cups fall out."

"I bought my 2001 Lexus LS 430 from an elderly couple in their 80's. They bought it brand new and kept it garaged and lightly driven for 12 years. All the maintenance was done at Lexus the entire time they owned it. I immediately fell in love with the smooth ride and shifting. The large roomy interior. The Mark Levinston sound system was great but all the speakers were dry rotted, so I replaced all the speakers including the subwoofer and wow, what a sound. I drove it for 13 hours to Kansas City and it was like floating on a cloud. Even though it is an 8 cylinder using premium gas, it really got pretty good gas mileage. I was first intimidated by only being able to use premium gas but since I don't drive it daily, that's no problem at all. Now I can't wait to graduate to the 2006 LS 460 and up. I have been driving Toyota Avalon's for years so I'm very familiar with quality. I did have to replace 2 of the tires and it road even smoother after that."

Love the LS!

By on Sunday, December 07, 2014

Pros: "Quality!"

"This is my third Lexus LS in a row and the ride, the quality, and the comfort can't be beat. I have tried Mercedes and Audi and although they are comparable in ride and comfort they do not come close to the quality and are just not up to par with the Lexus. My prior 1999 LS traded in with 192,000 miles and still going strong with only maintenance items, tires, brakes, oil changes, etc. Show me an Audi or Mercedes that can do that!"