• Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2006 Lexus LS

9.6

Based on 250 Ratings for the 2001 - 2006 models.

Best sedan ever built

By on Saturday, April 25, 2015

Pros: "Luxury, comfort, reliability"

Cons: "Heavy, large"

"Lexus built the most solid, luxurious car with this model. Reliability is as good as it gets. Quiet, comfortable and powerful with good gas mileage. What else can you ask for? This is a big car, not a sports car but handling is amazing for this much weight. This was a Mercedes killer when it came out and is still at the top of the list of "Best cars ever built""

Fantastic vehicle

By on Friday, April 10, 2015

Cons: "No negatives--love the car."

"Great car for all around quality and value. Comfortable, wonderful safety record, no repair problems, well maintained and constantly garaged. This is my third Lexus and I highly recommend the brand and model."

Simply the best car I have ever owned

By on Sunday, April 05, 2015

Pros: "Very reliable, stunningly attractive luxury even a"

Cons: "Just a bit on the big size vs many of the cars out"

"I used to trade cars in when the leather smell went away. Not this one. The only thing I have had to do with this car is to change the tires, which I have done now twice! Has the premium alkaline leather of which there is no equal. Leather interior with wood accent looks as luxurious as ANY car out there even the new ones, and I have looked at a lot. Is similar in size now (just 1" wider and 4" longer)as the ES350 which they have made bigger over the past few years. Air conditioned seats!!!"

OH NO, SNOW!!!!

By on Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Pros: "comfortable, smooth ride, fast, features"

Cons: "terrible in snow (RWD), bluetooth/hands-free phone"

"At first, I wasn't sure about this car since it's kind of an old man car but I was in desperate need since my last car was totaled. It had tons of features (backup cam, navigation, power everything, moon roof, parking sensors, heated and cooled front seats, heated back seats, rain sensing wipers, automatic headlights and mirrors, dynamic cruise control, radio controls in the steering wheel, a trunk that could hold several bodies and cup holders) and it was in my price range. I took it on a test drive and it was good but there is nothing like driving it when it's yours. It took about 2 minutes off the lot for me to fall in love and give him a name: Jerry. He can beat almost any car off this line with his giant 4.3L V8 while floating like a cloud. He can corner surprisingly tight and, not that I've ever done it *cough* he is content at a cruising speed of 90+mph. He has plenty of leg room in the front and back seats, which are wide enough for even the fluffiest of rears, which makes Jerry the car everyone wants to take on road trips or just across town. If I was a real estate agent, he would be the perfect car for showing houses. He is comfortable, quiet, luxurious and performs like a dream. He has been averaging about 19-20 MPG with mostly city driving and 24-25 when on the highway. My main complaint is that he has RWD. If the roads are even a little slick... forget about it! He has been stuck on many hills, side streets and parking spots. When snow or ice gets under those tires, he's not going anywhere. This is the reason he and I are going to have to part ways by the next snowfall. :( There are only a couple other problems with Jerry that could easily be forgiven: 1. The navigation doesn't update automatically so it frequently indicates that I'm driving in a field. The dealership says they can update it but it isn't cheap so I use my smart phone instead. 2. The Bluetooth connection is a garbled mess. Bluetooth would be a nice feature but isn't required since I don't like being distracted by phone conversations while driving. He has been a great car but unreliable in the snow. Sorry, Jerry."

love my car

By on Sunday, March 15, 2015

"I love my car and it rides great"