• Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide
2005 Lexus LS Consumer Reviews

Luxury and Performance @ the right price

By on Saturday, January 31, 2009

"I brought my car brand new in 2004. After shopping several brands, it provided the best value in the marketplace. It had luxury, styling and comfort on the inside and excellent ergonomic design. While it didn't look quite as sleek on the outside like the Benz, Audi or BMW, it was priced right at $62,000 new. That's about $15,000 less than the other competitors. Normally, I trade in my car after 3 or 4 years, but am keeping this one. Why? Simply because the new LS460s are priced $15,000 higher. Moreover, the LS does not have the same headroom as the older models. I am only 5'11" tall, and in the new LS I have around one inch of headroom, and I feel boxed in. In my 04, its more like 4 inches. The difference is very apparently and noticeable from the outside as the 04 has boxed shaped side windows in the front and back where the LS460 has slanted and smaller side windows. The car has plenty of pep, running from 0-60 mph in 5.9 sec. With the oversized rotors, the vehicle stops on a dime. The perforated and cooled seats are just fantastic especially in the summer. Your back doesn't get all sweated up like in other vehicles. The Mark Levison stereo system is magnificant sounding. I took my landscaper friend Chris for a ride. Chris normally drives a truck and said he felt like he was floating on air. I guess he knew who the captain was. Outside of standard maintenance, I have not had to do any repairs. And used LS430s are priced right between $22-25K in Jan. 2009. I recently read somewhere that the Lexus LS430 is as close as you will get to a Bentley without spending the big bucks. I can't attest to that first hand since I never owned a Bentley...."

Best Vehicle Made !!

By on Sunday, November 23, 2008

"I have a 2002 LS430 with 60K miles. Not a single problem. I've owned Mercedes (always in the shop), BMW (maintenance nightmare), JAG (just plain junk), AUDI (pretty good car) but none of them compare to the LS430. The cars just DO NOT break down. I also have an LS400 that is an outstanding vehicle.. just not as many goodies as the LS430. If you are considering purchasing an LS430, you will not be disappointed."

excellent

By on Tuesday, November 27, 2007

"Bought my '05 new. Traded a 7series. Loved the performance of the 7 series but hated the fact I spent more time driving a 3-series loner. Have NEVER EVER had any kind of mechanical issues with my Lexus. Obviously it handles differently but the dependability is priceless. The car is a dream on the highway but not quite as fun on the curves of backroads. Has some lean. I am torn as I am about to purchase a new vehicle and I want to try something different but the Lexus luxury and dependability is hard to ignore. PLUS the electronic items and other bells and whistles are perfect. Probably going to get another one."

1. My Information

* indicates required field.

Do not use your full name or email address; your privacy is important to us.

Location

2. My Rating

Use sliders to change values.

3. My Review

(e.g., best vehicle ever!) *

(Please no personal or dealership information or offensive language.) *

Not LikelyVery Likely

click & drag!
(e.g., great price, fun to drive)
(e.g., no cup holders)
Tips for Writing Reviews
Avoid:
  • Offensive or suggestive comments
  • Telling customers to shop elsewhere

Focus on:
  • The vehicle and your experience with it
  • Specific features of the vehicle
  • What's great about it? What's not so great?

4. My Uploads

Add photo (up to 5MB)

Uploading Photo....

upload successful! Remove
(e.g., Driving with the top down!)

Guidelines for Uploading Photos
  • Only one photo, up to 5MB
  • Focus on the vehicle and your experience with it
  • All photos must be your own
  • No nudity or obscene content
  • Inappropriate photos will cause your entire review to be rejected
Add video (only one allowed)
(paste the URL from your video on YouTube.)
(e.g., See it in action!)
Guidelines for Uploading Video
  • Maximum length: 5 minutes
  • No nudity or obscene content
  Important:
  • Focus on the vehicle and your experience with it
  • Write a caption
  • Upload your video to YouTube
  • Stick to the rules - so your review & video get published.

5. Notify Me

Please send me an email when my review is posted