2004 Lexus LS

9.6

Based on 253 Ratings for the 2001 - 2006 models.

Best Vehicle Made !!

By on Sunday, November 23, 2008

"I have a 2002 LS430 with 60K miles. Not a single problem. I've owned Mercedes (always in the shop), BMW (maintenance nightmare), JAG (just plain junk), AUDI (pretty good car) but none of them compare to the LS430. The cars just DO NOT break down. I also have an LS400 that is an outstanding vehicle.. just not as many goodies as the LS430. If you are considering purchasing an LS430, you will not be disappointed."

Love this car.

By on Tuesday, February 12, 2013

"I'm having work done on this wonderful car and I came here to decide if it was worth the money. Looking at what it would cost me to get something comparable and knowing this has been paid off for years, I'm keeping this baby. A 2003 White LS 430, garage kept, I'd be crazy to sell this great ride. I'm replacing a door lock and mirror motor. With 3 different custom settings, this option has been used a lot over the last 10 years. My kids were hoping I would pass this one down to them, as I did the last 2, but I love the LS 430. By the way, the first two stayed in the family until 200,000 and that's my plan for this one. Why waste money on a depreciating asset."

Love this car!

By on Saturday, September 03, 2011

Pros: "Handles beautifully, looks fabulous and very comfortable to ride in front or back"

Cons: "No Lexus link anymore. To bad it was a great feature."

"i've owned this car for 9 years and It is a fabulous ride. it is so comfortable And mine does have cup holders. I have been faced with near accidents in which I have had to react quickly and the car handles like a dream. The drawbacks were the removal of Lexus link system. This was a major selling feature. Another drawback was the cost of updating of the navigation system which Lexus wanted 1000.00 to do it. We felt the cost was out of line. The last drawback was having the voice activation working only 2 percent of the time until I gave up. Regardless of the drawbacks I still love love love this car! I would definitely recommend this car to a friend!"

Can't Get Much Better For A Used Car!

By on Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Pros: "Almost everything."

Cons: "Steering a bit tight."

"I am the second owner of this car and, for the price on this year with all of the quality and extras, it can't be beat. The extended warranty insurance company was so sure about this car that they gave me a bumper to bumper warranty, no deductions and all electronics, for the next 75,000 miles; no time limit. Built in Japan, the quality can't be matched! If you find one that you like, buy it!"

I am going to buy the LS 460 because of this car.

By on Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Pros: "not enough characters to say it all"

Cons: "not cheap"

"This car is so comfortable and quite (i can hear myself breathing when driving it) it is amazing. The Mark Levinson sound system is a must(WOW).The full leather and genuine wood interior looks and smells so good that it is very calming in Seattle traffic. I could say more but you will start to think i am stupid(I'm not)so i will stop here."

Only car I will ever own

By on Wednesday, September 12, 2007

"I have now had 3 LS's a 93, a 99 & my current one a 2001. I have never had a single problem in all these years (14 years) although I do follow the maintenance instrucrions religously. I especially like the 2001 because it had many extra features (I got the ultra package). I intend to drive this car to 200,000 miles (I have 72,000 now). It is all ways a magnificent machine... the best in the world."

Amazing Car

By on Saturday, September 01, 2007

"I have had zero problems with this car after 36,000 miles (it's an 04). The pick up is extraordinary with an incredibly smooth ride on the highway. A great feature when you drive on hills is if you tap the break while going down a hill it automatically downshifts so you don't have to ride the brakes down the hill. It's one of the few traction control rear wheel drive cars that actually drives well in the snow. Forget the BMW or Benz, this is the best luxury car out there for $70K."

2003 Lexus LS430

By on Thursday, November 24, 2011

Pros: "comfort, power, ride, dependability"

Cons: "maintenance cost at the dealer, snow tires a MUST"

"I bought this car used three years ago and drive about 60,000 miles per year. Besides some general maintenance, I have had no issues. This car still purrs and runs better than most new cars. I feel like I could drive it forever. I am not a super aggressive driver and usually get 26-28 MPG hwy out of this 290 h.p. V8! I put 389,000 miles on my last Lexus ('01 GS430) and plan to do the same with this one. Best car I've ever owned."

The Lexus Team "Gets It"

By on Tuesday, October 09, 2007

"2001 LS430 - my first Lexus, but NOT last. These guys really do get it! The LS430 combines unsurpassed quality, reliability and safety with performance (nearly 300HP), luxury, comfort, and covenience. IMO these cars exceed anything that's ever been done by other manufacturers in the world of automotive engineering. We have been SO impressed, my daughter's BMW has been replaced with a RX330 and my wife's Mercedes is about to get replaced by a Lexus too!"

This is my first large luxury car and wow!

By on Tuesday, August 06, 2013

Pros: "Money well spent all way round."

Cons: "Can't think of a thing."

"Up to now I had always been either a sport or utility type of guy. I always thought what's the big deal on these huge, non responsive luxury rides? Well now I know. When you can glide down the highway, pass anything you want and not spill your coffee, why have I waited so long. Then I thought, you had better slow down for these ramps, but no problem there either! Add to all of this the custom luxury package, my headlights track, my cruise adapts, my seats remember me and cool or heat at will, and my Mark Levinson ROCKS! Of course I hate all the compliments received on my 8 year old car with the look, ride and dependability of coming off the showroom floor. I'm in love..."

BEST CAR & BEST VALUE IN ANY CAR I'VE OWNED!!!!

By on Friday, September 14, 2012

Pros: "safety, reliability, solid feel, good for 400k +!"

Cons: "wish it was sportier, drives like a Buick!"

"I bought this car used from a customer w/ 106,000 on it,& now it has 168,000. My wife has a '91 LS400 w/ 179,000 . They are just phenominal cars. With the miles on them, there are generally minor repairs that you would expect. I use Mobil 1 oil & change it every 10,000 & less than 1/2 a quart down. I wish it drove a little sportier. It does have a tight turning radius that amazes all my friends. I'm hooked on the 'top of the line from Lexus!' & don't forget the safety issue....I feel very safe in this car!"

Best Luxury Car

By on Thursday, September 13, 2012

Pros: "Build quality, smooth ride, great engine etc."

"The 2004 Lexus LS430 is the best luxury car because it is very reliable, has a very smooth ride and alot of power. It is also very quiet and the build quality is excellent. I have owned and driven many cars from Mercedes, BMW, Audi, Cadillac, Buick, Oldsmobile etc. and none compare. Most expensive luxury cars are always in and out of the shop having something repaired but the Lexus is not and when you do have to take your car in for routine maintenance you receive outstanding customer service from the Lexus Dealership."

So far it has been an excellent automobile.

By on Monday, June 11, 2012

Pros: "Smooth ride, quiet cabin and roomy interier"

"I bought this car with 130,000 miles on it. It now has 152,000 miles on it. So far it has been an excellent automobile. I haven't had any problems. I just keep the oil changed, clean it and drive it. This model is also a very stylish automobile. I have a friend that has a black one. I loved it so much, when I saw this blackcherry one for sale, I had to buy it. I was a little worried about the miles on it, but the previous ownder took such good care of it. It rides like a new car, especially on the highway."

The Ultimate Ride!!!!!

By on Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Pros: "Great ride comfortable, plush"

Cons: "NONE"

Black Gold.......Texas Tea

"This car is awesome!!! All aspects of it are pure luxury, elegance, and style. The ride is silky smooth, if you test drive it please pay attention to the speedometer. The cabin is so quiet, at 60 or 70 mph it does not feel like it. The suspension and handling are great for a 4 ton car, it cannot be compared to it's rivals....it is one of a kind. My reccomendation, drive it,buy it, love it!!! My best car EVER!"

Black Gold.......Texas Tea

Maybe the best car ever made.

By on Monday, December 12, 2011

Pros: "Even after 150000 miles everything works perfectly"

Cons: "Tends to wander a little at freeway speeds"

"Bought the car used when it had 97000 miles. Have maintained it meticulously ever since and the car has been a dream. I have had Lincolns, Buicks, and a host of other domestic cars and there is no comparison. I now have 150000 miles on it and it looks and feels exactly like when I got it. People are shocked when I tell them the mileage. Most think it has 30000 miles or less. The Lexus LS430 is not a drivers car but if you want comfortable trouble free driving this is the one. I am convinced that almost any used LS is a much better deal than even a new car at the same price."

best vehicle on the planet!

By on Saturday, May 14, 2011

"Oh my goodness .... drive it and own it for three months and you will ALWAYS be a Lexus LS owner .... We get 21 MPG in town and 29 on the highway and she oozes luxury AND performance .... hit the gas ... she goes and goes fast ! Get the Levinson audio system and you have concert quality sound .... how Lexus built and sold this car better and less expensively than the S-Class or 7-Series is beyond me ... do not buy an LS if you ever want to switch to another brand because you will not!"

Mr best vehicle

By on Friday, January 08, 2010

"Bought it new and now 5 years old. A beautiful, functional, highly reliable vehicle. My dream car to date."

Excellent vehicle

By on Saturday, April 25, 2009

"Lincoln Navigators used to be my vehicle of choice having 4 of them consecutively... I thought I'd get an LS 430 to see why a friend loved his so much. Well, I went from a Navigator guy to an LS 430 man! I'm not the fondest of the other Lexus vehicles, but the LS 430 takes the cake in value, integrity, performance, comfort, reliability, etc. I also get about 26-27 mpg on road trips... how does a V8 manage that?"

Great Car; Second one.

By on Wednesday, March 11, 2009

"This is my second Lexus; the first a 1992 LS 400. I drove the 400 for 172,000 + miles with no problems. My present machine; a LS 430 is the replacement for my "old" Lexus. I sold the 400 to a cousin who was happy to pay the KBB "suggested private sellar price". I shall continue to own Lexus automobiles until I find a manufacture that can and does build a better machine. Beleive me when I say that I will not be holding my breath."

Can't be beat

By on Saturday, February 14, 2009

"My 2002 LS430 is perfect. Summer or winter months she remains warm and reliable. Outside of regular maintenance there are zero problems. For a different feel, I do look at a 7 series BMW or a S Benz, or even a Lexus GS model - problem is, none are rated as high as the LS. Such a good problem to have!"

Awsome Car

By on Tuesday, January 06, 2009

"I have owned Mercedes, BMW, Corvettes just to name a few. This LS430 is by far the best riding and reliable and stylish car I have ever owned. I would recommend to anyone looking for the best."

By on Thursday, September 25, 2008

"THIS IS LIKE DRIVING YOUR LIVING ROOM COUCH, EXCEPT WITH THE SPORT PACKAGE YOU HAVE ALL THE FUN OF A SPORTS CAR. FUEL MILAGE IS GREAT (APPROX) 24 MPG AT HIGHWAY SPEEDS 75+ COULDN'T ASK FOR A BETTER CAR FOR LONG TRIPS AND A TRUNK THAT WILL CARRY A WHEELCHAIR PLUS LUGGAGE."

Excellent

By on Wednesday, February 20, 2008

"I have owned an 02 LS 430 and upgraded to an 05 LS 430 simply to add more bells and whistles. These have been the absolute best vehicles I have ever owned. The ride and quitness have been unmeasureable and my wife will not drive any other vehicle. I am currently planning on buying her an 08 LS 460 but remain torn on whether I want to get rid of this vehicle. We LOVE it!!!!!"

Best I've had yet

By on Friday, February 01, 2008

"Bought a used LS430 last January and have had nothing but smooth riding ever since. I have had to do nothing but put it in for oil changes and that is exceptiional as compared to the BMW 7 series I used to own. I was always a BMW man but no longer. Love my Lexus!"

By on Tuesday, January 22, 2008

"I don't know where to start. Is it the excellent acceleration or great fuel economy for a V-8. I got 500 miles to the tank of gas on a road trip. The comfort of the vehicle goes well beyond any that I have owned in the past."