2004 Lexus LS

9.6

Based on 247 Ratings for the 2001 - 2006 models.

OH NO, SNOW!!!!

By on Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Pros: "comfortable, smooth ride, fast, features"

Cons: "terrible in snow (RWD), bluetooth/hands-free phone"

"At first, I wasn't sure about this car since it's kind of an old man car but I was in desperate need since my last car was totaled. It had tons of features (backup cam, navigation, power everything, moon roof, parking sensors, heated and cooled front seats, heated back seats, rain sensing wipers, automatic headlights and mirrors, dynamic cruise control, radio controls in the steering wheel, a trunk that could hold several bodies and cup holders) and it was in my price range. I took it on a test drive and it was good but there is nothing like driving it when it's yours. It took about 2 minutes off the lot for me to fall in love and give him a name: Jerry. He can beat almost any car off this line with his giant 4.3L V8 while floating like a cloud. He can corner surprisingly tight and, not that I've ever done it *cough* he is content at a cruising speed of 90+mph. He has plenty of leg room in the front and back seats, which are wide enough for even the fluffiest of rears, which makes Jerry the car everyone wants to take on road trips or just across town. If I was a real estate agent, he would be the perfect car for showing houses. He is comfortable, quiet, luxurious and performs like a dream. He has been averaging about 19-20 MPG with mostly city driving and 24-25 when on the highway. My main complaint is that he has RWD. If the roads are even a little slick... forget about it! He has been stuck on many hills, side streets and parking spots. When snow or ice gets under those tires, he's not going anywhere. This is the reason he and I are going to have to part ways by the next snowfall. :( There are only a couple other problems with Jerry that could easily be forgiven: 1. The navigation doesn't update automatically so it frequently indicates that I'm driving in a field. The dealership says they can update it but it isn't cheap so I use my smart phone instead. 2. The Bluetooth connection is a garbled mess. Bluetooth would be a nice feature but isn't required since I don't like being distracted by phone conversations while driving. He has been a great car but unreliable in the snow. Sorry, Jerry."

love my car

By on Sunday, March 15, 2015

"I love my car and it rides great"

great car

By on Monday, February 09, 2015

Pros: "Great car."

Cons: "Poor navigation"

"Best car I have ever owned. Quiet, powerful, great visibility, comfortable. Xenon headlights are superb. Coated front and side glass sheds rain. Wonderfully comfortable seats with heating and cooling. Stereo is great. The only negative is a poor Navigation system. Touchscreen is good but navigation controls are counter intuitive."

Very low mileage: this is my 2nd car.

By on Monday, February 09, 2015

Pros: "Very good to excellent condition"

Cons: "no MP3 plare or integrated phone"

"Excellent exterior appearance. Beautiful, near-flawless paint and finish. Engine and car have been perfectly maintained with frequent oil changes. Records to support maintenance. Lexus reliability: car has never ever left me stranded. No breakdowns whatsoever after 12 years."

Great value and great luxury

By on Monday, January 26, 2015

Pros: "every thing is great about it"

Cons: "none, just a bit heavy so diff to get fast pickup"

"Love everything about it. Luxurious, reliable, smooth. Quality materials. After having it for 5 years i realize one thing. I had both the LS430 and an SC400 together. My SC400 was raw power. Push pedal and its gone. LS 430 bit heavy. I sold my SC 400 and only have LS and miss that feeling when i just want to push it hard. LS will go but slowly bc heavy but once fast its fast. Still miss the sporty SC400 for sure. Overall love the LS430 and since we discusses the SC400, loved it as well."