2003 Lexus LS

9.6

Based on 252 Ratings for the 2001 - 2006 models.

Luxury and Performance @ the right price

By on Saturday, January 31, 2009

"I brought my car brand new in 2004. After shopping several brands, it provided the best value in the marketplace. It had luxury, styling and comfort on the inside and excellent ergonomic design. While it didn't look quite as sleek on the outside like the Benz, Audi or BMW, it was priced right at $62,000 new. That's about $15,000 less than the other competitors. Normally, I trade in my car after 3 or 4 years, but am keeping this one. Why? Simply because the new LS460s are priced $15,000 higher. Moreover, the LS does not have the same headroom as the older models. I am only 5'11" tall, and in the new LS I have around one inch of headroom, and I feel boxed in. In my 04, its more like 4 inches. The difference is very apparently and noticeable from the outside as the 04 has boxed shaped side windows in the front and back where the LS460 has slanted and smaller side windows. The car has plenty of pep, running from 0-60 mph in 5.9 sec. With the oversized rotors, the vehicle stops on a dime. The perforated and cooled seats are just fantastic especially in the summer. Your back doesn't get all sweated up like in other vehicles. The Mark Levison stereo system is magnificant sounding. I took my landscaper friend Chris for a ride. Chris normally drives a truck and said he felt like he was floating on air. I guess he knew who the captain was. Outside of standard maintenance, I have not had to do any repairs. And used LS430s are priced right between $22-25K in Jan. 2009. I recently read somewhere that the Lexus LS430 is as close as you will get to a Bentley without spending the big bucks. I can't attest to that first hand since I never owned a Bentley...."

Best Vehicle Made !!

By on Sunday, November 23, 2008

"I have a 2002 LS430 with 60K miles. Not a single problem. I've owned Mercedes (always in the shop), BMW (maintenance nightmare), JAG (just plain junk), AUDI (pretty good car) but none of them compare to the LS430. The cars just DO NOT break down. I also have an LS400 that is an outstanding vehicle.. just not as many goodies as the LS430. If you are considering purchasing an LS430, you will not be disappointed."

Love this car.

By on Tuesday, February 12, 2013

"I'm having work done on this wonderful car and I came here to decide if it was worth the money. Looking at what it would cost me to get something comparable and knowing this has been paid off for years, I'm keeping this baby. A 2003 White LS 430, garage kept, I'd be crazy to sell this great ride. I'm replacing a door lock and mirror motor. With 3 different custom settings, this option has been used a lot over the last 10 years. My kids were hoping I would pass this one down to them, as I did the last 2, but I love the LS 430. By the way, the first two stayed in the family until 200,000 and that's my plan for this one. Why waste money on a depreciating asset."

excellent

By on Tuesday, November 27, 2007

"Bought my '05 new. Traded a 7series. Loved the performance of the 7 series but hated the fact I spent more time driving a 3-series loner. Have NEVER EVER had any kind of mechanical issues with my Lexus. Obviously it handles differently but the dependability is priceless. The car is a dream on the highway but not quite as fun on the curves of backroads. Has some lean. I am torn as I am about to purchase a new vehicle and I want to try something different but the Lexus luxury and dependability is hard to ignore. PLUS the electronic items and other bells and whistles are perfect. Probably going to get another one."

Love this car!

By on Saturday, September 03, 2011

Pros: "Handles beautifully, looks fabulous and very comfortable to ride in front or back"

Cons: "No Lexus link anymore. To bad it was a great feature."

"i've owned this car for 9 years and It is a fabulous ride. it is so comfortable And mine does have cup holders. I have been faced with near accidents in which I have had to react quickly and the car handles like a dream. The drawbacks were the removal of Lexus link system. This was a major selling feature. Another drawback was the cost of updating of the navigation system which Lexus wanted 1000.00 to do it. We felt the cost was out of line. The last drawback was having the voice activation working only 2 percent of the time until I gave up. Regardless of the drawbacks I still love love love this car! I would definitely recommend this car to a friend!"

Can't Get Much Better For A Used Car!

By on Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Pros: "Almost everything."

Cons: "Steering a bit tight."

"I am the second owner of this car and, for the price on this year with all of the quality and extras, it can't be beat. The extended warranty insurance company was so sure about this car that they gave me a bumper to bumper warranty, no deductions and all electronics, for the next 75,000 miles; no time limit. Built in Japan, the quality can't be matched! If you find one that you like, buy it!"

I am going to buy the LS 460 because of this car.

By on Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Pros: "not enough characters to say it all"

Cons: "not cheap"

"This car is so comfortable and quite (i can hear myself breathing when driving it) it is amazing. The Mark Levinson sound system is a must(WOW).The full leather and genuine wood interior looks and smells so good that it is very calming in Seattle traffic. I could say more but you will start to think i am stupid(I'm not)so i will stop here."

Only car I will ever own

By on Wednesday, September 12, 2007

"I have now had 3 LS's a 93, a 99 & my current one a 2001. I have never had a single problem in all these years (14 years) although I do follow the maintenance instrucrions religously. I especially like the 2001 because it had many extra features (I got the ultra package). I intend to drive this car to 200,000 miles (I have 72,000 now). It is all ways a magnificent machine... the best in the world."

Amazing Car

By on Saturday, September 01, 2007

"I have had zero problems with this car after 36,000 miles (it's an 04). The pick up is extraordinary with an incredibly smooth ride on the highway. A great feature when you drive on hills is if you tap the break while going down a hill it automatically downshifts so you don't have to ride the brakes down the hill. It's one of the few traction control rear wheel drive cars that actually drives well in the snow. Forget the BMW or Benz, this is the best luxury car out there for $70K."

2003 Lexus LS430

By on Thursday, November 24, 2011

Pros: "comfort, power, ride, dependability"

Cons: "maintenance cost at the dealer, snow tires a MUST"

"I bought this car used three years ago and drive about 60,000 miles per year. Besides some general maintenance, I have had no issues. This car still purrs and runs better than most new cars. I feel like I could drive it forever. I am not a super aggressive driver and usually get 26-28 MPG hwy out of this 290 h.p. V8! I put 389,000 miles on my last Lexus ('01 GS430) and plan to do the same with this one. Best car I've ever owned."