2002 Lexus LS

9.6

Based on 250 Ratings for the 2001 - 2006 models.

Best sedan ever built

By on Saturday, April 25, 2015

Pros: "Luxury, comfort, reliability"

Cons: "Heavy, large"

"Lexus built the most solid, luxurious car with this model. Reliability is as good as it gets. Quiet, comfortable and powerful with good gas mileage. What else can you ask for? This is a big car, not a sports car but handling is amazing for this much weight. This was a Mercedes killer when it came out and is still at the top of the list of "Best cars ever built""

Fantastic vehicle

By on Friday, April 10, 2015

Cons: "No negatives--love the car."

"Great car for all around quality and value. Comfortable, wonderful safety record, no repair problems, well maintained and constantly garaged. This is my third Lexus and I highly recommend the brand and model."

Simply the best car I have ever owned

By on Sunday, April 05, 2015

Pros: "Very reliable, stunningly attractive luxury even a"

Cons: "Just a bit on the big size vs many of the cars out"

"I used to trade cars in when the leather smell went away. Not this one. The only thing I have had to do with this car is to change the tires, which I have done now twice! Has the premium alkaline leather of which there is no equal. Leather interior with wood accent looks as luxurious as ANY car out there even the new ones, and I have looked at a lot. Is similar in size now (just 1" wider and 4" longer)as the ES350 which they have made bigger over the past few years. Air conditioned seats!!!"

OH NO, SNOW!!!!

By on Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Pros: "comfortable, smooth ride, fast, features"

Cons: "terrible in snow (RWD), bluetooth/hands-free phone"

"At first, I wasn't sure about this car since it's kind of an old man car but I was in desperate need since my last car was totaled. It had tons of features (backup cam, navigation, power everything, moon roof, parking sensors, heated and cooled front seats, heated back seats, rain sensing wipers, automatic headlights and mirrors, dynamic cruise control, radio controls in the steering wheel, a trunk that could hold several bodies and cup holders) and it was in my price range. I took it on a test drive and it was good but there is nothing like driving it when it's yours. It took about 2 minutes off the lot for me to fall in love and give him a name: Jerry. He can beat almost any car off this line with his giant 4.3L V8 while floating like a cloud. He can corner surprisingly tight and, not that I've ever done it *cough* he is content at a cruising speed of 90+mph. He has plenty of leg room in the front and back seats, which are wide enough for even the fluffiest of rears, which makes Jerry the car everyone wants to take on road trips or just across town. If I was a real estate agent, he would be the perfect car for showing houses. He is comfortable, quiet, luxurious and performs like a dream. He has been averaging about 19-20 MPG with mostly city driving and 24-25 when on the highway. My main complaint is that he has RWD. If the roads are even a little slick... forget about it! He has been stuck on many hills, side streets and parking spots. When snow or ice gets under those tires, he's not going anywhere. This is the reason he and I are going to have to part ways by the next snowfall. :( There are only a couple other problems with Jerry that could easily be forgiven: 1. The navigation doesn't update automatically so it frequently indicates that I'm driving in a field. The dealership says they can update it but it isn't cheap so I use my smart phone instead. 2. The Bluetooth connection is a garbled mess. Bluetooth would be a nice feature but isn't required since I don't like being distracted by phone conversations while driving. He has been a great car but unreliable in the snow. Sorry, Jerry."

love my car

By on Sunday, March 15, 2015

"I love my car and it rides great"

great car

By on Monday, February 09, 2015

Pros: "Great car."

Cons: "Poor navigation"

"Best car I have ever owned. Quiet, powerful, great visibility, comfortable. Xenon headlights are superb. Coated front and side glass sheds rain. Wonderfully comfortable seats with heating and cooling. Stereo is great. The only negative is a poor Navigation system. Touchscreen is good but navigation controls are counter intuitive."

Very low mileage: this is my 2nd car.

By on Monday, February 09, 2015

Pros: "Very good to excellent condition"

Cons: "no MP3 plare or integrated phone"

"Excellent exterior appearance. Beautiful, near-flawless paint and finish. Engine and car have been perfectly maintained with frequent oil changes. Records to support maintenance. Lexus reliability: car has never ever left me stranded. No breakdowns whatsoever after 12 years."

Great value and great luxury

By on Monday, January 26, 2015

Pros: "every thing is great about it"

Cons: "none, just a bit heavy so diff to get fast pickup"

"Love everything about it. Luxurious, reliable, smooth. Quality materials. After having it for 5 years i realize one thing. I had both the LS430 and an SC400 together. My SC400 was raw power. Push pedal and its gone. LS 430 bit heavy. I sold my SC 400 and only have LS and miss that feeling when i just want to push it hard. LS will go but slowly bc heavy but once fast its fast. Still miss the sporty SC400 for sure. Overall love the LS430 and since we discusses the SC400, loved it as well."

Extreme Pleasure

By on Saturday, January 24, 2015

Pros: "Smooth ride, Comfortable, Great inside design"

Cons: "Outdated on the outside"

"Purchased this car back in 2009 with 38000 on it. Ever since, I serviced this car regularly and the only problem I had was lack of any problems with this car. It is comfortable, quiet (Michelin Primacy MXV4) and easy to drive on a long trips. Great visibility through a large windshield. Ample power from V8 if needed. Smooth engine sound. After all years it has new car smell. I guess the leather is really of the best quality. Rear seats are comfortable, a lot of knee space. Trunk is large and easy to access. After 10 years this car rides like a new one. Best purchase ever."

Very Reliable Luxury

By on Monday, December 29, 2014

Pros: "Great looks, reliable, longevity."

Cons: "Not the best city gas mileage"

"Great car. I have the Custom Luxury package with Euro-Suspension and 18" chrome rims. Handles very well. I would recommend this option because the handling can be a bit soft will the smaller wheels and struts. Fit and trim are stellar. Along side the 2007 which has a new body style, this car outclasses it by a mile. It looks as though they cut corners on the body styling in the 2007 through 2012. Gas mileage can be very nice in the upper 20's when traveling long distances going 75 miles per hour or lower, but suffers in town around 19 MPG. I have not had one problem with this car other than maintenance and I own 2 of them. I am seeing many of these with nearly 500,000 miles and still operating. This is a testament to the Lexus quality. Highly recommended."

Best Car I've Owned

By on Sunday, December 14, 2014

Pros: "Size, Smooth Ride, Current Price, Awesome Design"

Cons: "Cup Holders too low. Tall cups fall out."

"I bought my 2001 Lexus LS 430 from an elderly couple in their 80's. They bought it brand new and kept it garaged and lightly driven for 12 years. All the maintenance was done at Lexus the entire time they owned it. I immediately fell in love with the smooth ride and shifting. The large roomy interior. The Mark Levinston sound system was great but all the speakers were dry rotted, so I replaced all the speakers including the subwoofer and wow, what a sound. I drove it for 13 hours to Kansas City and it was like floating on a cloud. Even though it is an 8 cylinder using premium gas, it really got pretty good gas mileage. I was first intimidated by only being able to use premium gas but since I don't drive it daily, that's no problem at all. Now I can't wait to graduate to the 2006 LS 460 and up. I have been driving Toyota Avalon's for years so I'm very familiar with quality. I did have to replace 2 of the tires and it road even smoother after that."

Love the LS!

By on Sunday, December 07, 2014

Pros: "Quality!"

"This is my third Lexus LS in a row and the ride, the quality, and the comfort can't be beat. I have tried Mercedes and Audi and although they are comparable in ride and comfort they do not come close to the quality and are just not up to par with the Lexus. My prior 1999 LS traded in with 192,000 miles and still going strong with only maintenance items, tires, brakes, oil changes, etc. Show me an Audi or Mercedes that can do that!"

ew

By on Friday, October 10, 2014

Pros: "NONE"

Cons: "EVERYTHING"

"THIS CAR IS AWFUL"

best care for vehicle

By on Thursday, October 02, 2014

Pros: "like a new car"

Cons: "old?"

"one owner kept in the garage, kept all maintenance to the day has kept with care every 4 weeks. beautiful car hate to trade it in but is 10 ys old. Services has been done by car company that sold the vehicle"

best & most reliable car I ever owned

By on Sunday, September 28, 2014

Pros: "looks great, top notch drive, smooth, great lookin"

Cons: "few imperfections/ can be easily fixed"

"I love my car! It looks great on the road and anywhere. The paint job is still perfection, pearl white. With a wax job it looks almost new! Fantastic sound system. Everyone loves the Lexus 430! Great model."

Excellent condition , like new, all service record

By on Monday, September 15, 2014

"I purchased this car new. It has been serviced every 5000 miles. Always parked car where it could get no door damage. It was always serviced at the Lexus dealer. I have all records and so should Charles Barker Lexus. New breaks, new tires. All service recommend by dealer has been complied with. This car was going to be my last car. Have friends that have same car with over 400, 000 miles. Car has always be garage . Waxed once a month since new."

excellent luxury vehicle

By on Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Pros: "body integrity; engineering; amenities"

Cons: "uses premium gas; poor cup holders"

"My LS 430 is the most reliable and quite vehicle I've ever driven. I have driven it thousands of miles across several states and that is when you really appreciate the engineering and luxurious amenities it has. It doesn't tire you out."

great cardependable

By on Tuesday, September 09, 2014

"I love this car..just want a new one"

Best Lexus ever Manufactured.

By on Sunday, August 24, 2014

"Great car."

I bought this used

By on Thursday, August 21, 2014

"This car is the ultimate."

This is by far the cbest car we have ever owned, p

By on Monday, July 14, 2014

Pros: "It is great, and fun to drive"

"People still think today that we are driving a new car, it drives and handles like new, the only thing I have done is put on a new timing belt at 110000, and while we were in there piut on a new water pump also. We love this car, big enough for safe and small enough for maneuvering."

An incredibly quiet, smooth, albiet bland ride

By on Sunday, June 29, 2014

Pros: "VERY quiet, powerful, inexpensive, reliable."

Cons: "Boring, huge, land barge, possible grandma-mobile"

"I've owned this car for a year and think it's about the most comfortable ride I've ever had. For a 2004, it still has some novel features not found in many of today's cars. Radar Cruise control, backup cam, park sensors, heated and cooled seats, 7-speed transmission, etc. At the time it was manufactured, it was supposedly the most reliable car on the road, and perhaps the quietest. I'll agree with both. Only a couple very minor issues (window electrics, rear sunshade operation with it. Other than it being incredibly bland for styling, you could cruise along for days and days at 80mph and it's whisper-quiet on the inside. If you're looking for a great, reliable value in a luxury car - hey, try the LS430. On the "Ultra-luxury" model, the back seats have a massage/vibrate function! Oh, and the turning radius is excellent, better than many smaller cars. The Mark Levinson Sound system is the best I've ever heard for a stock system, and I'm an audiophile."

Fantastic vehicle

By on Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Pros: "Quality, comfort, safety"

"This is the third Lexus I've owned. Like the others, it is a fantastic vehicle. I also own a Mercedes CLK 430 convertible and have owned other MB and Cadillacs in the past. I maintain all of my cars extremely well and this 2004 is in mint condition. Every time I get the urge to get a new one, I say to myself....why? I could not be happier with a vehicle."

One owner all services done with lexus

By on Thursday, June 19, 2014

I don't own this car

Pros: "Great value for the money luxury at its best."

"Black on black one owner garage kept all services done with lexus."

Best auto I have ever driven

By on Monday, June 16, 2014

Pros: "We are getting a later year model of the LS 460"

"Best auto we have ever owned. Reliable, comfortable, low maint. No sore back after driving for 8-10 hours."