2001 Lexus LS

9.6

Based on 266 Ratings for the 2001 - 2006 models.

Best sedan ever built

By on Saturday, April 25, 2015

Pros: "Luxury, comfort, reliability"

Cons: "Heavy, large"

"Lexus built the most solid, luxurious car with this model. Reliability is as good as it gets. Quiet, comfortable and powerful with good gas mileage. What else can you ask for? This is a big car, not a sports car but handling is amazing for this much weight. This was a Mercedes killer when it came out and is still at the top of the list of "Best cars ever built""

OH NO, SNOW!!!!

By on Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Pros: "comfortable, smooth ride, fast, features"

Cons: "terrible in snow (RWD), bluetooth/hands-free phone"

"At first, I wasn't sure about this car since it's kind of an old man car but I was in desperate need since my last car was totaled. It had tons of features (backup cam, navigation, power everything, moon roof, parking sensors, heated and cooled front seats, heated back seats, rain sensing wipers, automatic headlights and mirrors, dynamic cruise control, radio controls in the steering wheel, a trunk that could hold several bodies and cup holders) and it was in my price range. I took it on a test drive and it was good but there is nothing like driving it when it's yours. It took about 2 minutes off the lot for me to fall in love and give him a name: Jerry. He can beat almost any car off this line with his giant 4.3L V8 while floating like a cloud. He can corner surprisingly tight and, not that I've ever done it *cough* he is content at a cruising speed of 90+mph. He has plenty of leg room in the front and back seats, which are wide enough for even the fluffiest of rears, which makes Jerry the car everyone wants to take on road trips or just across town. If I was a real estate agent, he would be the perfect car for showing houses. He is comfortable, quiet, luxurious and performs like a dream. He has been averaging about 19-20 MPG with mostly city driving and 24-25 when on the highway. My main complaint is that he has RWD. If the roads are even a little slick... forget about it! He has been stuck on many hills, side streets and parking spots. When snow or ice gets under those tires, he's not going anywhere. This is the reason he and I are going to have to part ways by the next snowfall. :( There are only a couple other problems with Jerry that could easily be forgiven: 1. The navigation doesn't update automatically so it frequently indicates that I'm driving in a field. The dealership says they can update it but it isn't cheap so I use my smart phone instead. 2. The Bluetooth connection is a garbled mess. Bluetooth would be a nice feature but isn't required since I don't like being distracted by phone conversations while driving. He has been a great car but unreliable in the snow. Sorry, Jerry."

Love the LS!

By on Sunday, December 7, 2014

Pros: "Quality!"

"This is my third Lexus LS in a row and the ride, the quality, and the comfort can't be beat. I have tried Mercedes and Audi and although they are comparable in ride and comfort they do not come close to the quality and are just not up to par with the Lexus. My prior 1999 LS traded in with 192,000 miles and still going strong with only maintenance items, tires, brakes, oil changes, etc. Show me an Audi or Mercedes that can do that!"

I love my car even though its 10 years old

By on Monday, January 27, 2014

Pros: "Amazing ride....no other like it"

"This vehicle rides like a dream. It's beyond comfortable."

A good fine car

By on Friday, March 21, 2014

Pros: "very comfortable, quiet and commodious"

Cons: "no MP3 player"

"everything of this car is wonderful. However, there is one thing bad is that there was an accident happened before, but I had fixed and replaced all the damaged parts.Now the car works good."