• 2014 Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2001 Lexus LS

9.7

Based on 230 Ratings for the 2001 - 2006 models.

9.8/10
    9.8/10
    9.9/10

Do not sleep on buying this car

By on Monday, December 30, 2013

Pros: "unbelievable"

"Just purchased a 2003 LS430 and I must say everything that I have read prior to purchasing is true. This is the most amazing car that I have every owned. It has only been a month but I can say that so far it was an excellent decision. From the handling, to the unbelievable comfortable ride, to the compliments I receive from those that think this car is newer than 03, I will be purchasing another in a few years. That purchase will be for the wife; I'm keeping this one until the wheels fall off."

best car ever built.

By on Monday, December 23, 2013

"This is the best car I ever owned in my life ,the ride is like you're on a cloud , the response is immediate when you step on the trottle ,the sound system is like a concert hall, the rear passengers can recline their seats and relax by having a vibrating massage, the cruise control has a radar to tell you how far the car in front of you is ,the navigational system is superb, a voice would tell you how to get to your destination,it also has a ride control which makes the car handle like a race car. I bought my car new in 2004 and loved it since."

Great Car a lot of Fun

By on Saturday, November 30, 2013

Pros: "Everything always works on this car in amenities!"

Cons: "Tires cost is high"

"Good Good Good"

Smooth,quiet,dependable

By on Wednesday, November 13, 2013

"This is the most complete car ever. It won't take curves like a race car, but is completely quiet even @ 120,000 miles. Use Goodyear comfort tread tires for the best ride. I just had to change all 4 struts/shocks that just wore out. And you can count on the little shocks that hold up the hood or trunk to wear out. This is a minimal inconvenience."

Best car so far

By on Saturday, August 24, 2013

Pros: "quick, comfort, luxury,sound system"

Cons: "fuel consumption could be better 18/24 mpg outside"

"2004 LS430 ultra, best car I have ever owned. Quick, comfortable even on long trips. No real problems, brakes, tires, timming belt & water pumpdoor lock cruise control. I hate to get rid of it, I love it, but it's hard to find the equivalent equipment on a new model. I highly advise anyone to get one."

My Best Luxury Car ever

By on Friday, August 16, 2013

Pros: "Great car for the money and value, low maint. cost"

Cons: "It is not as sleek looking as the new model."

"I must compliment the engineers and designers of this remarkable car. I have owned Mercedes car before and this car outperformed in all my expectations. I love this car and would keep it for a long long time. I had read the details of Consumer Reports before I bought this car in December 2000. It was rated as the best value for the money, best luxury car of the year and several more years. I can't say enough about this car and it is dream car for me!"

This is my first large luxury car and wow!

By on Tuesday, August 06, 2013

Pros: "Money well spent all way round."

Cons: "Can't think of a thing."

"Up to now I had always been either a sport or utility type of guy. I always thought what's the big deal on these huge, non responsive luxury rides? Well now I know. When you can glide down the highway, pass anything you want and not spill your coffee, why have I waited so long. Then I thought, you had better slow down for these ramps, but no problem there either! Add to all of this the custom luxury package, my headlights track, my cruise adapts, my seats remember me and cool or heat at will, and my Mark Levinson ROCKS! Of course I hate all the compliments received on my 8 year old car with the look, ride and dependability of coming off the showroom floor. I'm in love..."

Lexus luxury at it's finest!

By on Thursday, April 04, 2013

Pros: "Big power! Quiet. Superb ride. Does OK on gas!"

Cons: "None yet!"

"Just replaced a 97 LS400 (170,000 miles) with a 06 LS430 with only 28,000 miles on it! Modern Luxury package. Hoping it will be as good as the 97. I've become a Lexus lover!"

Love this car.

By on Tuesday, February 12, 2013

"I'm having work done on this wonderful car and I came here to decide if it was worth the money. Looking at what it would cost me to get something comparable and knowing this has been paid off for years, I'm keeping this baby. A 2003 White LS 430, garage kept, I'd be crazy to sell this great ride. I'm replacing a door lock and mirror motor. With 3 different custom settings, this option has been used a lot over the last 10 years. My kids were hoping I would pass this one down to them, as I did the last 2, but I love the LS 430. By the way, the first two stayed in the family until 200,000 and that's my plan for this one. Why waste money on a depreciating asset."

Can't Get Much Better For A Used Car!

By on Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Pros: "Almost everything."

Cons: "Steering a bit tight."

"I am the second owner of this car and, for the price on this year with all of the quality and extras, it can't be beat. The extended warranty insurance company was so sure about this car that they gave me a bumper to bumper warranty, no deductions and all electronics, for the next 75,000 miles; no time limit. Built in Japan, the quality can't be matched! If you find one that you like, buy it!"

See if you qualify for